Stuck on Half-Life 1 Surface Tension

Clearwater

Question

Hey guys, I'm having another run through through Half-Life 1. I've made it to the
Surface Tension chapter, but am stuck on the puzzle in the room with all the crates and laser traps.
If I touch even one laser, I die and the whole building blows up. Can anyone help me please?

NOTE: I'm not using GameFAQS, that's for n00bs.

9 answers to this question

I know this puzzle, and I'm afraid there's no real strategy or help to it other than don't touch the lasers. That's really it. There's no secret escape, no shortcut, no way to bypass the puzzle or any item that makes it easier. You just crawl, jump, or try to get around them without touching any of them and basically just be patient.

You have to look around and check for gaps. Look for crates that you can push so you can get on top to hop over some lasers. You just have to examine the "problem" and look from every angle once you see what you have to do, presto.

I followed your steps, and I came into a control room (Still in the pat with the lasers and crates). I killed the headcrab in there, carefully stepped over the lasers and hit the button in there, which activated a small elevator next to the room. I jumped onto it, and was able to make it over to the elevator in the middle of the room. But the power to it is out. Anyone know how to get it back online?

I don't get why you don't just go to Gamefaqs. You're still asking people how to beat the game, regardless of where you do it :/

• Like 1

I don't get why you don't just go to Gamefaqs. You're still asking people how to beat the game, regardless of where you do it :/

The reason I don't go there, like I said earlier, is 'cos it's for n00bs.

Thanks Arshikage, I got past it. QUESTION ANSWERED.

Going to a website specifically designed to help you beat games you're having trouble with is for noobs, and asking people on a Star Fox forum to do the exact same for you is somehow better?

Yep. That makes a lot of sense.

Going to a website specifically designed to help you beat games you're having trouble with is for noobs, and asking people on a Star Fox forum to do the exact same for you is somehow better?

Yep. That makes a lot of sense.

Maybe he had a bad experience with Gamefaqs and trusts us morons more.

Maybe he had a bad experience with Gamefaqs and trusts us morons more.

Hey, I never said you guys were morons. You guys are actually cool in my book.