The Online Adventures of Hidi...

Hidi

I had homework last night, and i really shouldn't have been playing any TF2 last night, but I got a request to ring, and it was the most amazing time I've had playing for over a month.

Basically, a guy on my Steam list pulled together about eight other players including me, and we played against one of the best teams in UGC Steel. It was pretty awesome; most of us being high-Steel players as individuals, but none of us played together, and our teams weren't ranked in high-Steel throughout the season.

Well, this was the pre-match for this team (Daydreaming Ding Dongs, or 3Dong), and we beat them! TAGC lost to 3Dong, so it was nice to be part of a win against them. Spades, the engie, had a dumb kill on me during TAGC's match, but screw that. I killed Spades this time around. I'm sorry mate, but love is tough.

3Dong went on to play Mad Freedom (MF), one of the top-ranked Steel teams this season. 3Dong won, and from the messages I got from Spades and the leader, it was pretty intense. I want that STV.

Hidi: Apples wants your booty bad.

Bear: I want to fuck up his day so that works

EDIT: Nice try, Shen. That's going on Hidi's wall.

cf941145db.png

9:55 PM - kzle.hippo: How about Sunday 8:30est?

9:55 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: As far as I know, that should work...

9:55 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: I'm in a hockey tournament this weekend, so my online time is going to be weird all weekend.

9:55 PM - kzle.hippo: ok

9:56 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: Am I Canadian enough for House Hippos yet?

10:17 PM - Koga?â„¢â¸â· #LFT: note to self: remove hidi

10:17 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: :C

10:17 PM - Koga?â„¢â¸â· #LFT: reason: dirty canuck

10:17 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: I'm not even from the west coast, shaddup!

9:45 PM - 3Dong.Spades #SemiFinalsBadDiv: Dongerhood

9:45 PM - 3Dong.Spades #SemiFinalsBadDiv: You'll find us there

9:45 PM - 3Dong.Spades #SemiFinalsBadDiv: with the carcasses of 4L's players

9:46 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: You're consuming their souls already?!

9:46 PM - 3Dong.Spades #SemiFinalsBadDiv: i don't NEED PERMISSION

9:46 PM - 3Dong.Spades #SemiFinalsBadDiv: I AM A 3DONGER

9:46 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: WAT

9:47 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: THAT'S TOO MANY DONGERS

8:46 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: im getting ringed

8:46 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: time to carry Rouge's team

8:46 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: LAWL

8:46 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: DO IT

8:46 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: I did last time

8:47 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: Why wouldnt I do it now

8:51 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: GOD DAMN IT

8:51 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: Item server are down

8:51 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: I wont have a dick and gunboats

8:52 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: Marty says run shotgun.

8:52 PM - sw.DarkAnglos 3:: Fuu

Heresy, Y'all just ain't deep enough to handle the truth. 

Besides most of hidi's content is inside jokes that aren't funny "unless you were there" type things 

• Like 1

Heresy, Y'all just ain't deep enough to handle the truth. 

Besides most of hidi's content is inside jokes that aren't funny "unless you were there" type things 

I'm never there and I find most everything he says here hilarious.

In all fairness, DarkAngelos is definitely not at all funny, but yeah I get the jokes too.

9:55 PM - kzle.hippo: How about Sunday 8:30est?
9:55 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: As far as I know, that should work...
9:55 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: I'm in a hockey tournament this weekend, so my online time is going to be weird all weekend.
9:55 PM - kzle.hippo: ok
9:56 PM - sw.Hidi -=SF-O=-: Am I Canadian enough for House Hippos yet?

^
I still stay the one is super obscure though.

I have a TF2 decision to make!

I'm thinking over the summer of playing for a team in UGC Highlander, but I want to take up another TF2 team on the side as a backup, but I'm not sure which to choose;

• UGC 6s (Steel probably)
  • ETF2L HL Backup (Div 4 or 5)
  • UGC Silver unrostered backup

I have a TF2 decision to make!

I'm thinking over the summer of playing for a team in UGC Highlander, but I want to take up another TF2 team on the side as a backup, but I'm not sure which to choose;

• UGC 6s (Steel probably)
  • ETF2L HL Backup (Div 4 or 5)
  • UGC Silver unrostered backup

Well, what are the perks and quirks of each one?

I wish I could go longer than 48 hours without checking my chat messages on Steam. Then I could be offline longer than two days.

I'm never there and I find most everything he says here hilarious.

>User likes Hidi's journal better than Ajc's

>Can't even get Hidi's gender right

:D

Hidi, do like me. Just get sick all the time and go offline on Steam for weeks!

>Can't even get Hidi's gender right

Not sure whether it's a typo, or he forgot. (We've talked about this before.)

Well, what are the perks and quirks of each one?

I'm bored, so I'll compile those.

UGC Steel 6s;

6s is generally something you're expected to know as a Medic, particularly as you advance through the competitive scene. You can only really learn through playing with a team because there are so many possibilities and dynamics in 6s. At least 6s match-wise is set up to not conflict with UGC HL. For me, it's not really a perk I acknowledge, and I'd probably take on backup to not conflict heavily with HL.

ETF2L HL Backup:

ETF2L feels like a more organized and established league than UGC, and I would like to get a taste of what TF2 is like in that league and meet some new people. The Division number I guess could be one thing to consider, but at least I know I wouldn't belong in Div 6. The big issue with ETF2L is its distance. Distance means timezone and ping issues. Generally ETF2L stuff would take place around 12-3 my time. Not a huge issue on weekends, or some days over the summer, but ping....How it can hurt when it starts to climb. I've stated backup over main so I don't have to be expected to play midday all the time, and only when I'm needed.

UGC Silver unrostered sub

Basically, I'd be a ringer Medic for a Silver team. It gives the team a backup, but as I've had to deal with myself with unrostered subs, you're at the mercy of another leader when it comes to matches to let that person play. It's generally easier to have a sub who's not committed to another team so they're more consistently available when you need them, so especially at the Silver level, getting a team to agree to having me unrostered would probably be rare.

Honestly Neoware, my top two choices are ETF2L or UGC 6s. UGC 6s is the one that is most likely to follow through, but I prefer HL so much more. It really depends on what my ping is consistently on people's servers over in ETF2L.

Honestly Neoware

YOU MEAN CLEARWATER, DAMMIT.

As for the teams, I'd go for ETF2L's.

YOU MEAN CLEARWATER, DAMMIT.

Aaaah, alias changes. I have a feeling though that we're forever going to know you on this site as Neoware, the soul who asked if SF-O was a game.

• Like 1

Aaaah, alias changes. I have a feeling though that we're forever going to know you on this site as Neoware, the soul who asked if SF-O was a game.

Yep, that WAS me. And it still IS me, except I've changed my name. :3

So many people on Steam are asking me why I don't make my own UGC team.

I really wish I could, but I don't have my own server, and I don't think I'm ready. But people seem to think I am. One person even offered to pay for a server.

Did I really do that good a job leading TAGC?!

You don't understand.

So basically, Exec and Scourge wanted to get everyone in the Steam group chat last night. I left SF-O's chatroom at that point, and they began to spam my profile and chat messages.

I uploaded this last night since I was digging through Fraps stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97lsemdsIg

Beating TriC was a very fun accomplishment. Given that they were sort of our rivals, we proved we could best them!

EDIT: Don't expect me to be on much for the next week since I don't have my own computer.

• Like 1

Not having my computer sucks, but my name on Steam is glorious, yet true.

I am honoured to receive such an invitation.

2c97bf9f51.jpg

Thank you.

Rick Anal: plz sensei teach me your ways of hexagon

People always want to know how to play the game, but there's no teaching how to play it.