The Online Adventures of Hidi...

Hidi

For UGC Week 7, I was put in charge of my team for the weekend! Now, I may be in the running for co-leader. I can't take a leadership role on any team. As much as I love it, I simply don't have the time.

During my scrims this weekend, one team complained our server was bad and we should use theirs.

I suggested to my team we comply, but we complain about their server being laggy.

So we connected, and this ensued:

ymYu7Kg.png

mpXs14q.png

Week 7, Snakewater is Team Celebrity vs Nine Elements.

We were due to play Monday, as per default date, but that didn't happen since we were having troubles on our end, and the power went out for both of 9E's leaders.

We've rescheduled for Thursday (Technically today!). It's going to be an interesting match.

The line of the weekend:

y91ZZiH.png

I need more scrims, guys. GIVE THEM TO ME, PLEASE!

• Like 1

Goddamnit, Neoware.

3:25 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Tiens

3:25 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: C'est toi

3:26 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: Oui, et ques-que tu veux?

3:26 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Un peu de TF2 avec mon ami QT qui est en ligne dans un peu?

3:26 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: Je voudrais me coucher.

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Ces foutu zones

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: zones de temps

3:27 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: C'EST 3h!

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Je sais XD

3:27 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: C'EST LE MATIN

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Ici c'est 9:23 AM

3:28 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: Je ne jouez pas TF2 quand il est 9h dans le matin por moi!

3:28 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Bah, tu te rappelles la dernier fois on s'est vu en ligne?

3:28 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Come on, let's stop this French crap now.

3:29 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: I'm laughing.

3:29 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Me too.

Translation:

3:25 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Well

3:25 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: It's you

3:26 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: Yeah, and what do you want?

3:26 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Do you want to play TF2 with my friend who's coming on in a bit?

3:26 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: I want to sleep.

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: These damn timezones

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Timezones

3:27 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: IT'S 3AM

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: I know XD

3:27 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: THAT'S THE MORNING

3:27 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Here it's 9:23 AM

3:28 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: I don't play TF2 when it's 9AM for me!

3:28 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Bah, Can you remember the last time we saw each other online?

3:28 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Come on, let's stop this French crap now.

3:29 AM - Hidi -=SF-O=- ✪: I'm laughing.

3:29 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Me too.

Don't wake the beast, oh wait, you did.

3:31 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Hello Scourgie-Pourgie :3

3:32 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=- is now Busy.

3:46 AM - Scourgie: ITS FUCKING 4 AM HERE

3:46 AM - Scourgie: IM ABOUT TO GO TO BED

3:46 AM - Scourgie: NOBODY PLAY TF2 AT 4 IN THE MORNING

3:47 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: XD

3:47 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: I do

3:47 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Because it's 10:00 AM over here.

3:47 AM - Scourgie: NO SHIT

3:47 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: And THAT moment there

3:47 AM - Clearwater Halcyon -=SF-O=-: Is a sig-worthy moment

I'm up because I'm up. Not because I want to play video games.

• Like 1

Goddamnit, Neoware.

Heh, that is NOT me. READ. MY. USERNAME.

So, I'm leaving tomorrow for two, possibly three weeks, and I won't have internet in that time (Very unlikely, at least). I also want to take this time to explain what's been going on about the lack of my SFOCast submissions. (I know you, Neoware, are particularly keen to hear.)

When the submissions started around April, while I was still trying to actively play TF2 and be online, I was struggling a lot in my personal life. The end of April brought a series of unexpected turnouts and events that I had to deal with. Some were devastating for me.

I noticed in Act III's recording sessions, I was beginning to feel out of character when I read the lines, but I managed to submit them and we got Act III, which has become probably my favourite. When Act IV came around, the reluctance from Act III became stronger, combined with chaotic things around me has just made recording very difficult.

In comparison to how I recorded Acts I and II, I don't have as much time alone and by myself anymore to sit down and record. It's hard being bombarded by people I live with and my horde of people on Steam.

I remember when I did Act I, I had an entire day alone by myself. I wasn't in the happiest of moods that day, being sick and almost unable to talk, but I did it, and I got it done because I had that space to be alone.

Now, I'm going away for these couple weeks. Don't take it as a sign that the lines will never come in. Think of this as Hidi taking a break that is needed, and is part of the process Hidi needs to restore balance and peace of mind. Sounds cheesy, but I need a damn break. NOW GO AWAY AND LET ME PACK DAMNIT!

Bi,

Think of this as Hidi taking a break that is needed, and is part of the process Hidi needs to restore balance and peace of mind. Sounds cheesy, but I need a damn break=

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, it's totally natural. I took one of these from 4:50AM to 11:50AM this morning.

So, I'm leaving tomorrow for two, possibly three weeks, and I won't have internet in that time (Very unlikely, at least). I also want to take this time to explain what's been going on about the lack of my SFOCast submissions. (I know you, Neoware, are particularly keen to hear.)

When the submissions started around April, while I was still trying to actively play TF2 and be online, I was struggling a lot in my personal life. The end of April brought a series of unexpected turnouts and events that I had to deal with. Some were devastating for me.

I noticed in Act III's recording sessions, I was beginning to feel out of character when I read the lines, but I managed to submit them and we got Act III, which has become probably my favourite. When Act IV came around, the reluctance from Act III became stronger, combined with chaotic things around me has just made recording very difficult.

In comparison to how I recorded Acts I and II, I don't have as much time alone and by myself anymore to sit down and record. It's hard being bombarded by people I live with and my horde of people on Steam.

I remember when I did Act I, I had an entire day alone by myself. I wasn't in the happiest of moods that day, being sick and almost unable to talk, but I did it, and I got it done because I had that space to be alone.

Now, I'm going away for these couple weeks. Don't take it as a sign that the lines will never come in. Think of this as Hidi taking a break that is needed, and is part of the process Hidi needs to restore balance and peace of mind. Sounds cheesy, but I need a damn break. NOW GO AWAY AND LET ME PACK DAMNIT!

So THAT would explain it. I understand fully now. Go and get those weeks off. I think you deserve it, Hidi-Widi.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't mind me, people, I am simply sitting in a (not) dark room watching STVs all day!

Naw, I've been watching the STVs, and working on other things, so don't mind my inactivity on the forums.

• 5 weeks later...

Real life sucks, but I mean, if I didn't have a real life, I don't think I could have an online one. But yeah, school happened. I'm still working on SFOCast, don't worry.

3 OF YOUR SUPER HEXAGON RECORDS HAVE BEEN SMASHED - BY ME. READ EM AND WEEP, HIDI. READ EM AND WEEP.

• 3 weeks later...

First night of the GXL LAN in Philadelphia. It's pretty swell, and I've had the chance to meet a bunch of really good TF2 players.

Yeah, whatever, it's morning, but I didn't get a chance to post this last night.