Embedding forum posts to signature images?

AuroraCave

Question

I have been having this problem ever since I created the logo for my Star Fortress thread. I know the html code however, it appears that I have been having errors about saying that the code is wrong or just not working. 

I've seen several users floating around here with this working. If anyone could help me provide an example for this would be grateful. I'll link the stuff below that I want to combine. 

Image URL: '>

And the thread itself. '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

6 answers to this question

Well, if I understand correctly (I might not be right), you just want that logo in your sig to lead to the forum thread when clicked?

If so, it's simple:

IMAGE URL HERE

Maybe you've already tried the equivalent with HTML code, but as you now know, HTML is disabled for signatures, so you have to use the BBCode equivalent.

All said and done, it should work like this:

>2j5lzr4.jpg

Edit: Beaten by Sarita, but fortunately, my post was of some help after all.

• Like 1

It seems like you got the image working but I'll iterate it here.  

I don't believe that HTML is allowed in signatures or forum posts.  

But what exactly is it that you want in your signature?  The entire post from the topic?

It seems like you got the image working but I'll iterate it here.  

I don't believe that HTML is allowed in signatures or forum posts.  

But what exactly is it that you want in your signature?  The entire post from the topic?

Yes, basically it serves as a thumbnail for the topic whenever the user clicks on the signature. 

Kage is correct, html is disabled for signatures. There is a way to accomplish what you want with BBCode, which is allowed, but I honestly don't remember. Hopefully someone will weigh in who does know. :)

Well, if I understand correctly (I might not be right), you just want that logo in your sig to lead to the forum thread when clicked?

If so, it's simple:

IMAGE URL HERE

Maybe you've already tried the equivalent with HTML code, but as you now know, HTML is disabled for signatures, so you have to use the BBCode equivalent.

>2j5lzr4.jpg

Alright, thank you! This should work now, so I can considered this question to be answered. Once again, thanks everyone and to Icy as well for helping. :P

If so, it's simple:

IMAGE URL HERE

>2j5lzr4.jpg

Teamwork fist bump!

• Like 1