Blood Hounds - Discussion Thread

Jeroscope

Hope, do you have much experience with role playing or are you fairly new to it?

I do a LOT of RPing I'm just not uses to topics you have to "Sign up" for, plus I couldn't seem to find any good StarFox RP sites except this one

Harlow sent me a private note. And Hope, be patient with these things. A lot of us have busy lives outside of this. Hell, Harlow is in Venezuela and its almost a warzone not far from where he is. Dont expect overnight answers or replies.

Any other opinions? Because Im not opposed to someone new, but the entrance/character youre thinking of probably wont work.

I'm okay with it if you are Jero. Yeah, maybe some character refinements, but I think it can work.

Im not against another person joining, but I would like to see a character sheet. Just so we can get a feel for your character and what he's like.

Sure :)

Name: Blightfang

Aligence: None (Ex-StarWolf)

Species: Wolf (Darker grey than O'Donnel)

Ship: Wolfen (With modefications such as homing lasers and AI)

Main Weapon: Percision laser rifle

Secondary Weapon: Fangblades

Personality: Mysterious and silent

• Like 1

I will say, with the past history of your character it should bring some interesting conversations to the RP. I'm game with the add just have for of an entrance after this fight/battle thing were in currently. 

Sure :-)

Aligence: None (Ex-StarWolf)

Species: Wolf (Darker grey than O'Donnel)

Ship: Wolfen (With modefications such as homing lasers and AI)

Main Weapon: Percision laser rifle

Secondary Weapon: Fangblades

Personality: Mysterious and silent

Maybe write a bio just to give us an idea of Blightfage's personality, brief description of his history and so on.

Ah...I see...

Bio: As a kid, Blightfang was friendly yet no one talked to him. His only friends were in his mind so he didn't mind being lonely, fast forwarding a few years...Blightfang became short-tempered from being bullied so much, he even got into a 3-on-1 fight and won with a buised rib yet won due to his natural agility. He got into blaksmithing, which is where he crafted his fangblades which he called Misery to demonstrate how badly he had been treated as a kid and to show how sharply his personality could change. When he joined the StarWolf, Blightfang became a master pilot and soldier. He also met Rose, his first crush. She disappeared during a mision then Blightfang and her went on together and from there he chose to take any risk to complete his mission which is what got him expelled from StarWolf. Now he searches the Lylat system for any sign of StarWolf...and is willing to attack anyone who gets in his way...

• Like 1

Hmmm, me like :D

So he can come in the RP just as the Mercs are fending off Starwolf. I'll buy that.

Jero, thoughts?

Im not convinced, neither with the character or the entrance. That doesnt even sound like a conceivable reason to be kicked from Star Wolf.

What I mean is he even sacrificed his crew to complete his mission, getting them killed in the process.He had done this multiple times and doe to his temper Blightfang lashed out at his commanding officer then was sent on a suicide mission in which he crashed on Corneria yet survived due to his advanced training

I think you need to work on it more before doing anything.

All of this is a matter of personal taste, but there's no need to shoehorn the character into a Star Fox setting (saying it belonged to a team or interacted heavily with another character) for it to be convincing and to be accepted. It actually can repel some and come across as overpowered or unoriginal. Actually, several I know feel this way.

Look at some staple bios and backgrounds in the "RP Character" thread, create an original, decent backstory, and we'll see what the RP master has to say.

I know you're impatient to play, but trust me, it'll be way more enjoyable and easy once you carefully craft your character. Not only on this, but in every future RP.

• Like 1

*Sigh* Ok... lets try this again

Bio: When Blightfang was born, his parents already had extremely bad marrital issues, his father alway took his anger out on his mother, he blamed her for everything bad that happened to him. This continues for three years until Blightfang's parents finally divorced, leaving him with his mother who sent him off to school as soon as he was old enough. No matter how hard Blightfang tried, none of the other kids would talk or interact with him in any way beside backing away or making fun of him since his imagination was his only friend. Blightfang didn't mind though and when he was in high school his peers got violent saying that he was "acting retarded" or to "Grow up stupid!", in 11th grade Blightfang got into a fight between three other kids. They gave him a good beating and when they turned to leave, Blightfang surprised them with surpriseing speed and agility. He injured the kids much worse then they had him, one of then died in the hospital. He didn't graduate yet StarWolf found intrest in his battle know-how and recruited him. At StarWolf's main facility was where Blightfang had built his lethal fangblades that he named Misery to show his enemies how his pains from childhood will be used against them and his sharp personality. He did well in StarWolf's ranks which is also where he met the love of his life, Rose. The two quickly became parteners and went on missions together whenever they could. The furture seemed bright for Blightfang...that was until on a mission to Venom, Rose was shot down, sending Blightfang into an unstable depression. During this state he lashed out at his commanding officer, who after the attack purposly sending Blightfang on a suicide mission, somehow he survived and repaired and advanced his Wolfen starship, which now had "Hate" carved into the side of the hull. Ever since this betrayal, Blightfang had dedicated his life to hunting StarWolf and will either ally or attack any that get in his way.

• Like 1

Ok...new entrance:

From a distance, a chrome black Wolfen ship is overlooking the battle "Should I...or stay back..." Blightfang, the ruthless pilot asked himself when his AI, Terminus pops up Sir, you should at least aknowledge your presence Blightfang nods and tries to pull up comms with any of the Arwings that are engaging the StarWolf squadron with little sucess "Terminus clear up any frequencies you can" The AI, in the shape of a wasp nods and disappears back into the control module to start and try to clear up the comms

*Sigh* Ok... lets try this again

Bio: When Blightfang was born, his parents already had extremely bad marrital issues, his father alway took his anger out on his mother, he blamed her for everything bad that happened to him. This continues for three years until Blightfang's parents finally divorced, leaving him with his mother who sent him off to school as soon as he was old enough. No matter how hard Blightfang tried, none of the other kids would talk or interact with him in any way beside backing away or making fun of him since his imagination was his only friend. Blightfang didn't mind though and when he was in high school his peers got violent saying that he was "acting retarded" or to "Grow up stupid!", in 11th grade Blightfang got into a fight between three other kids. They gave him a good beating and when they turned to leave, Blightfang surprised them with surpriseing speed and agility. He injured the kids much worse then they had him, one of then died in the hospital. He didn't graduate yet StarWolf found intrest in his battle know-how and recruited him. At StarWolf's main facility was where Blightfang had built his lethal fangblades that he named Misery to show his enemies how his pains from childhood will be used against them and his sharp personality. He did well in StarWolf's ranks which is also where he met the love of his life, Rose. The two quickly became parteners and went on missions together whenever they could. The furture seemed bright for Blightfang...that was until on a mission to Venom, Rose was shot down, sending Blightfang into an unstable depression. During this state he lashed out at his commanding officer, who after the attack purposly sending Blightfang on a suicide mission, somehow he survived and repaired and advanced his Wolfen starship, which now had "Hate" carved into the side of the hull. Ever since this betrayal, Blightfang had dedicated his life to hunting StarWolf and will either ally or attack any that get in his way.

Ok, thats better. A sound enough reason for getting booted off Starwolf.

Blightfage to me doesn't sound like an overpowered character, more like someone with a chip in both shoulders, angry and trying to make sense of all the sh*t thats happened. I would love to see his overall character arch by the time this is over.

Thanks for the encouragement but this is Jeroscope and Harlow's descision...*Gulp* hope I get accepted

Well actually just Jeroscope. Still it's like ... nothing to be really worried about.

I do like the second backstory better, definitely something that can be worked with. And like High said, I wouldnt worry to much.

I agree. The second one is better, but heres the issue Harlow and I are having.

You seem to be rushing to join in. While the big stuff seems fine, there are some small things withthe bio that can be refined and adjusted.

Write up an official character list and write in your first post. you can come in guns ablazing or give us a note first. I was thinking wait just a bit for the team to get into a percarious position and then fly in just in the nick of time, but its up to you.

Welcome aboard.

Everyone else, get back to posting. The RPs starting to slow and i dont like that.

I agree. Just because you're in doesn't mean you can jump in already. In the exact point we are I don't think it's prudent. Take this time to refine and Jero will surely note you when it's time.

Work on personality, don't be one-dimensional since that can come off as very annoying and hard to deal with. Too morose, too centered on a Batmanish vendetta, name it. Have quirks and depth.

Work on skills and weaknesses. Don't make Star Fox elements important (none of being Wolf's apprentice or being Panther's relative). That can feel grating and borderline Mary Sue, which can kill your chances.

And overall tweak stuff. This is all personal stuff, but that name can be a nice alias. Get an age, height, weight, body type, help us imaginate your character with you. A big backstory has nothing against someone who's well crafted; throwing big names in the background won't impress lots. A character can be created in a day and for a special specific cause (like many here), but it's way better if you take your time with it. 

Appearance: almost black and brown fur, silver eyes, black an red armor

Voice: similar to Talon from League of Legends

Weight: 125 lbs

Height: 6ft 7in

Body Type: slightly muscular but still light enough to use acrobatics to their fullest

Skills: Adept acrobactics, attacking at pressure points, well evolved interigation skills, knows how to use the evironment to his advantage

Weaknesses: When angered, Blightfang becomes a terrible strategist, his chest is still a weakpoint from his fight as a kid; specifically the bottom left corner, where his rib was bruised

Main abilities: master with fighting while using fangblades or hand-to-hand, Adept marksman, and adept at stealth

Personality: This really depends on his mood: If angered he will become verbal and physical, when saddened he will shut everything out and become unreponsive, otherwise he can be very honorable and trustworthy

Equipment:

Armor:     StarWolf armor (black and red)

Clawed gloves

Military leggings (Black)

Silver Jet-boots

Weapons:

Percision laser rifle

Fang blades (Misery)

The environment

As the battle rages on, A Wolfen stays at a reasonable distance Should I help...Or do they have this under control? The pilot, Blightfang thought to himself before his AI popped up Sir, you are in range of their blasters. Blightfang thought to himself for a minute then tried to open the comms "This is Blightfang, Wolfen 0719..." was all that he said over the comms then returns to watching the battle and sighing, want to destroy the Wolfen ships. He leans back in his chair while his AI works on sending the message to the Arwings. Blightfang examined a photo on the control module. He sighs as he looks over it.

(Note he was a temporary mercenary for StarWolf and was about to become a true soldier for them yet Rose's death crushed those chances and he doesn'e wear a combat scanner over one of his eyes and no eyepatch)

I also want to stress that you shouldn't be discouraged to use Starfox related facts or details. In the right situation, those details could be used to better progress the story or add some really good drama. (And I mean good book writing drama not the kind that gets threads locked.) Yet like Harlow stated, be careful on really directing your character with the SF characters. Saying you were Wolf's apprentice puts your character in place to too much influence with the enemy in the story. However if you said something on the line of "I was a paid crony in Starwolf." That might be better.