Sign in to follow this  
Pgpaw3

How to fix Fraps AVI

Question

Pgpaw3

Hey SF-O community. I need help.

So I was playing Dayz Standalone with my friend and recording the whole thing with Fraps. After a few hours of nothing happening, we finally meet a guy and start to fight.

After what was an adrenaline fueled fight I kill the guy, but he had killed my friend.

So I went back later to check the footage I got from the battle, and i cant open the AVI.

I checked the other video I recorded from that session that I started just after I ended the first video, and it play's without issue.

VLC said it was either damaged or corrupt, while other video players said it was an unsupported file type.

I tried to put it into video editing software, but Premiere Pro said it was damaged or unsupported, and Windows Movie Maker crashed when I tried to play it.

I also tried to convert it to another video format, but that didnt work either.

I have googled around for an over an hour now and still cant find anything. I have downloaded various pieces of software claiming to fix it and none of them worked.

Any help would be appreciated, as I really dont want to have recorded 143 GB worth of video for nothing and lose the footage of the battle.

Thanks guys.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet