Adventures model ripper [UPDATE v0.4.1]

Pharrox

Thinking ahead for SFO's site content, I am not aware of any art renders for Great Fox, the bosses, Andross, and the dino tribe leaders I can use for site articles.

This tool seems a bit out of my sphere of knowledge, so if someone could rip these and get a good, decent resolution, render I would be much appreciative.

Andross was a shit boss but goddamn he looked good in SFA.

Thanks!

I prefer transparent, actually. It gives me options.

If possible, I'd like a high-res Andross and Great Fox. I don't need hi-res bosses or tribal leaders, though. Their pics are mainly for the fact boxes.

My ultimate goal is to have at minimum a factbox image for each article.

The SFAd Great Fox & Arwing are my favorite versions; I'd like to get the model for those!

Or I could go try to grab it myself, I suppose. ;)

Finally I'll release the source after I've cleaned it up a bit if anyone has any interest.

I'm interested. :-) I'm actually working on my own project to reconstruct and play around with some of the old maps from the game (like, just-ported-to-GC-from-N64 old). I've had some success decoding the blocks that make up the maps, although I'm missing the proper color format, textures, UV scaling, and other material properties. The blocks use a format that's similar to (though not exactly the same as) what's used in MODELS.bin, so I'm hoping the code for a model ripper will give me insight into what I'm missing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! I suck!

So, I completely forgot that this project even existed.

Anyway, per request I've added the source to the link in the original post. I had wanted to clean it up a bit, but with the way things are going who knows when that'll happen. The source also contains some code related to Smash Bros, and possibly Pokemon Battle Revolution, so heads up that not everything in there is neccessarily related to or optimized for SFA.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/13/2016 at 10:07 AM, Agentbnom said:

For some reason i can't find the ripper is not on the link.

Two years later, and still waiting to see the tool back.
The Dropbox link in the OP does not contain the utility, so if you're still out there, please fix this.
If anyone else still has this tool, an external re-upload would also be appreciated.

I've uploaded this tool to MEGA, and I'll be putting the link in this post, assuming it shows up. I will admit though, I do not have the source code of the tool, so making adjustments to it may be more challenging if anyone wants to do such a thing. Also, out of curiosity, are there any other types of sites that I should upload it to?

https://mega.nz/#!NSR2ib6J!9_QAhU_TFeNPUszJV_NQpdYrabf3LSyZjUpxL0CKgNw

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

It has recently come to my attention that the only working download link is, again, dead.
-> Here's a new one. <-

I should've responded sooner; I was going to suggest Google Drive, since those links seem to last the longest.

And, as a shot in a dark, if @Pharrox ever sees this, the source could would be incredibly useful, even if it hasn't been "cleaned up" yet.