Starfox: Event Horizon

The Undying Nephalim

Event Horizon Website:  http://starfoxeh.weebly.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1laSyE6q6U

I'm tempted to port my Starfox RTS over to Freespace2 and make it a shooter, and basically continue where Shadows of Lylat left off. I'm curious if others would prefer this choice over the RTS?
  • Like 7

A standard shooter-based style would fit the general feel of the series well IMO; I can't say that I'd be a big fan of a Star Fox RTS. The footage in the OP is most impressive for that matter.

This seems totally awesome, would play the heck out of it.

Could go for both even if I prefer this one, honestly. If you're trying to be loyal to what SF is in its core you'd aim for this one, although I wouldn't mind if there was a RTS.

(...and are those Rebel Pilot helmets I see? o3o)

Could go for both even if I prefer this one

Same, and please, tell me you're going to shake the foundation of the license and make it evolve into a huge space opera, tell me that Event Horizon will be the spiritual son of X-wing Alliance, tell me that my old dream is going to become a reality! :love:

Be aware that FS2 is not very friendly to Star Fox gameplay ideas. Shadows of Lylat was in the process of porting to Unity when the project folded (I was the composer for the SoL project).

If you're cool with the more sim-like gameplay, then go for it. Shadows was actually originally going to be just a few Star Fox missions for FS2 until the scope creep started.

• Like 1

Be aware that FS2 is not very friendly to Star Fox gameplay ideas.

Sometimes I think Star Fox's gameplay is what's holding it back. In the age of actual flight sims, in space or not, the arcadey controls of Star Fox don't seem to hold a candle to them. Hell, why use a button combo or a flip of a stick to perform a u-turn or loop when you could just use your stick and do it yourself?

You released a demo of this a few years back right? I remember it being a RTS with both Cornerian and Venom forces playable, and it was very fun. 

Sometimes I think Star Fox's gameplay is what's holding it back. In the age of actual flight sims, in space or not, the arcadey controls of Star Fox don't seem to hold a candle to them. Hell, why use a button combo or a flip of a stick to perform a u-turn or loop when you could just use your stick and do it yourself?

That's what I think too, and this is probably why Nintendo did not produce new StarFox for a long time, StarFox gameplay is very dirigiste to the point that is difficult to make innovations without the risk of shaking the foundation of series.

And that is why I think that Nintendo should indeed burn in hell the foundations of the gameplay of StarFox, starting on a new basis and bring back Fox Mccloud in its new glory.

Lots of exciting new things to show... A trailer and gameplay for most of the playable characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgnQY07gZc

• Like 5

Heh.. Wow. For a first trailer, I'm actually pretty impressed. It seems like you got quite a story planned for this little shooter, I look forward to seeing how this'll all play out.

I can't say for certain how well I'd be able to portray some of these characters, but I'd love to lend a hand with some voice work if you really do have some positions open.

This looks pretty awesome! The space combat looks good and I'm digging the character and vehicle designs so far.

Holy crap you gave Krystal a Krazoa mech  :shock:

That is legitimately awesome.

These trailers and samples you posted have me smiling on the outside and squeeing like the furry chibi I am on the inside. I'm really curious about the story and the whole concept of the game now, but I think I can hold that for the future when it's done. Keep up the good work! :3

I see some old Shadows of Lylat assets in there.

This is what Shadows could have been had the scope creep not set-in.

This looks fucking awesome. Between the character selection, the different types of space craft, and the huge space battles, this is the Star Fox game we all want. And this is a fan made creation! Holy shit, I cannot be more enthusiastic about this!

If you plan to do a gameplay type "space sim", may i give you some sugestion about the replay value?

If in the solo mission, we can choose our pilot (betwen the pilot involved in your story plot for the mission), depending of the pilot we take, the mission objective changes completely.

Let's say we can choose Miyu or Fay for a mission

Miyu is a interceptor pilot so her job is to engage the other fighter and to protect the other allied ship (cruiser and bomber)

In your trailer, the ship of Fay look like a bomber (maybe i have wrong, but it's just a exemple), the bomber objective is to engage the enemy cruiser and base

Now for the mission, let's say the Corneria fleet is engaging a enemy fleet and i can take Miyu or Fay for the mission

If i take Fay, my mission will be to engage the enemy cruiser

If i take Miyu, my mission will be to engage the enemy fighter and to protect the allied cruiser from the hostile bomber and/or to protect the allied bomber when they engage the hostile cruiser (this also could be a nice idea for a co-op mod).

Sorry for my poor english, it's not my language but i try to do my best.

Those familiar with Freespace 2 know that you can choose your own pilot and join from a list of Squadrons or organizations. I have finished the squadrons players can join in Mulitplayer:

2Red4B4.jpg

Cornerian Army: Primary Military branch of Corneria, responsible for the construction of and deployment of all defensive, offensive, and exploration missions. Individual Squadrons within the Cornerian Army are assigned a triple digit number. Currently under the command of General Pepper, who is planning on retiring in the coming months and being replaced by General Hare.

Cornerian Defense Force: Essentially one large squadron of Fighter Craft that respond as reinforcements to combat zones. The CDF patrols the entire Lylat System in a series of Cruisers, deploying the best pilots when civilian targets fall under enemy fire. The Cornerian Defense Force has no direct leader, they assume orders from their current planet's government or the General himself.

Katina Guard: A subset of the Cornerian Defense Force assigned exclusively to the planet of Katina. Currently under the command of Bill Grey.

Husky Unit: A subset of the Cornerian Defense Force, assigned with protecting high priority civilian targets and rescue operations.

Bulldog Squad: A subset of the Cornerian Defense Force, assigned with general Defense Operations and first strike counter attacks against repelled enemy forces.

Star Fox (Adventures Era): A Mercenary Squadron founded by James McCloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma Dengar. During and shortly after the Saurian Crisis it was captained by Fox McCloud and its members included Peppy Hare, Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad, and Krystal.

Star Fox: After the departure of Krystal Team Starfox reverted to it's old logo and hired Miyu Lynx and Fara Phoenix as new members of the team. 

Star Wolf: Rival Mercenary Squadron of Star Fox, willing to accept any mission as long as the pay is good enough. Team Star Wolf has always been captained by Wolf O'Donnell and has seen many members including Leon Powalski, ex Starfox Member Pigma Dengar, Andrew Oikonny, Panther Caroso, and Kate O'Donnell.

Venom Remnants: Military Branch of the Venomian forces created after they were driven from their homeworld by the Anglars. Currently assigned with establishing new bases of operation outside of the Lylat system.

Ruffian Corps: Private military organization once run by Andross, Ruffian Corps served as first strike pilots and infantry before Venom forces would move in to their targets. They are known for developing many experimental craft for Venom, notably the Shogun Mechs and Steath Cruisers.

Venom Prime: Army loyal to andross composed entirely of the reptilian natives of Venom. They served as the main infantry and ground forces of the Venomian military.

Andross Legion: Small and secretive squadron that served Andross personally, undergoing various biological and cybernetic experiments to improve their performance in battle.

Area 6: Military branch of Venom forces charged exclusively with the Defense of Venom airspace. It is believed they have since been disbanded since the Anglars conquered the planet Venom.

Anglar Directorate: Primary military forces of the Anglar Emperor, charged with the invasion of enemy targets.

Emperor's Guard: Captained by Zazan, the Emperor's Guard protects the Anglar Emperor and is sent in to deal with high priority targets.

Krazoa Disciples: Cerinian clergy of the Krazoa, responsible for the construction of Krazoa Temples on nesting planets and indoctrination of local populations into Krazoa worship.

Sharpclaw Vanguard: Once the dominant force of the planet Sauria, the Sharpclaws used their primitive interstellar ships to expand to other locations after they were driven from their homeworld. They currently operate as a pirate organization, selling and smuggling weaponry on Lylat's Black Market.

Star Falcon: Mercenary Squadron established by Falco during his leave of absence from Star Fox. It is unknown if the team is still operational after Falco's readmittance into Star Fox.

Free as a Bird: A gang organization that Falco Lombardi and Katt Monroe once were members of, prior to Falco's joining of Star Fox. Free as a Bird partakes in many illegal activities and serve as assassins for hire.

• Like 2

Yo, hollar at me if you need any voice-work still, :D

Other than that, all I have to say is: HOLYSHITKEEPUPTHEGOODWORKALLTHEWUV

Yo, hollar at me if you need any voice-work still, :D

Other than that, all I have to say is: HOLYSHITKEEPUPTHEGOODWORKALLTHEWUV

I'm going to piggyback on this. 

I saw this a couple of days ago! I'm so excited for this! Like everyone else, I'm desperate for a hardcore space opera! The hype trailor seems to be pointing in the direction! :D