Starfox: Event Horizon

The Undying Nephalim

Wow very nice, you really made sure to keep the creepiness of Andross from past games, nice job looking forward to the finished project :)

Woah, that vid was mega cool. I hope you're planning to release this boss fight in the next version of the game.

That is an awesome boss!  I love how the creepy essence is intact.  Andross gave me nightmares as a small child, and this captures the feeling perfectly!

This game is shaping up to be an amazing marriage of my two favorite game series!

I'm gonna have a crack at doing the voice for Andross in this level. I'll upload some lines at some point, if you don't mind at all Nephalim...

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the Andross level, it was a lot of fun to make. Is there any other level idea anyone would like to see next? Maybe something remade from SF64 or Adventures? Or would you guys rather see something not based on past Starfox games?

It'd be really neat to see something original!  If I were to choose a level from a previous game, it would have to be Zoness.  I would love to see your take on the Aparoid Queen, but that's out of the scope of what you're doing!

By the way, are you planning on adding countermeasures or some other way (such as barrel rolls) of dealing with homing projectiles?  

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the Andross level, it was a lot of fun to make. Is there any other level idea anyone would like to see next? Maybe something remade from SF64 or Adventures? Or would you guys rather see something not based on past Starfox games?

​I'd like to see the Star Fox VS Star Wolf dogfight on Fortuna remade. Or perhaps even the flight over Solar; that level was pretty bloody cool.

By the way, are you planning on adding countermeasures or some other way (such as barrel rolls) of dealing with homing projectiles?  

​I have to agree and ask for countermeasures, many times I've died in the game is because the missiles STILL manage to chase my ass down and hit my ship, no matter how much dodging and barrel rolling I do. So countermeasures will make the game more manageable in my opinion.

I just thought I'd slip this in here:

EnjjPHT.jpg

are you planning on adding countermeasures or some other way (such as barrel rolls) of dealing with homing projectiles?  

I would like each craft to have their own types of countermeasures. Arwings would naturally barrel roll. I figure some larger ships might be able to shoot down missiles. Aparoids could temporarily harden their shields or something of that nature.

EDIT: I don't know what happened to the website but every time I post now with a quote everything in the quote fails to post. I guess I'll just italicize what I'm quoting.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

Is that Titania I see?  Awesome stuff as usual!  I really like how the planets are turning out.  It feels really different than any Freespace games I've played before and that's great!

I like the idea of having all sorts of types of countermeasures. I think it's really important for each different ship to have its own personality.  By the way, are you planning on altering the physics on the Blue Marine at all?  I feel as though it should require more intentional gameplay than the space ships, to give it a more earthly, underwater vibe. For example, I would make the turning radius much larger in the Blue Marine.  

Is that Titania I see?  Awesome stuff as usual!  I really like how the planets are turning out.  It feels really different than any Freespace games I've played before and that's great!

That is indeed Titania. I'm hoping to have more planet environments then space in the end. Here's a level set on a Saurian mountain I worked on a bit ago:

BRrBvCu.jpg
OqnsgR5.jpg
iiSKV2e.jpg
PNWN3bJ.jpg

I can alter the Blue Marine's turn rate pretty easily and I'll give that a try in the next version and see if people like it. Slower vehicles tend to suffer a bit in this engine because of the nature of the game (pretty much any craft even remotely faster can just trail them with no hope of evasion), but maybe making all the underwater enemies just as slow can balance that out.

I know it can't be changed, but I find it odd that the Gyrocopter moves like a regular aircraft. Must be G-Diffusers, or somesuch macguffin. Dunno.

Edited by leafkin
  • Like 1

Very interesting work as always! I'm consistently amazed by your ability to pump out such good work in such small time frames.

I know this is a quirk of Freespace, but is there any way you can make the GUI scale to high resolutions?  As it stands now, it's almost unplayable in 4K.

• 4 weeks later...

Some Katina stuff for today:

vvHiRID.jpg
aIsF5Qc.jpg
7OnqmHz.jpg
qkmebOr.jpg
5MrLFrn.jpg
hK2kO4X.jpg
KQi5EPk.jpg
bfPIsR3.jpg

Very interesting work as always! I'm consistently amazed by your ability to pump out such good work in such small time frames.

I know this is a quirk of Freespace, but is there any way you can make the GUI scale to high resolutions?  As it stands now, it's almost unplayable in 4K.

I imagine it's possible, I've not really looked into it. If there's a way I'll figure it out.

• 1 month later...

I dunno if I've already thrown my opinion on this, but nor do I feel like looking. I've just gotta say, this is the one of the greatest fangames, one of the greatest flying shooters I've ever seen. I'd consider getting the demo, if I could, but if this were to be on the Nintendo eShop one day, *snap*, snap of my finger, it's mine. I also have a question: how did you get, or how did you make such awesome music? That's actually also something that's pulling me in on this game. I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if I've already thrown my opinion on this, but nor do I feel like looking. I've just gotta say, this is the one of the greatest fangames, one of the greatest flying shooters I've ever seen. I'd consider getting the demo, if I could, but if this were to be on the Nintendo eShop one day, *snap*, snap of my finger, it's mine. I also have a question: how did you get, or how did you make such awesome music? That's actually also something that's pulling me in on this game. I love it.

Some of my music is composed by Adam Halpin, who's also done a lot of music for my other games like Hyrule: Total War and Sigma. I also pool in covers and remakes from other artists I find on Youtube. One example is F-777, who didn't do music intended for the game but gave me permission to use some of his tracks that I felt fit what is going on in a level.

Also a lot of new things happened since my last post here, I just didnt really bother to put them up since there doesnt seem to be much activity on this thread. Here they are though:

The latest version of the game can also be downloaded here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-fox-event-horizon/downloads/star-fox-event-horizon-demo-4

• Like 2

Some of my music is composed by Adam Halpin, who's also done a lot of music for my other games like Hyrule: Total War and Sigma. I also pool in covers and remakes from other artists I find on Youtube. One example is F-777, who didn't do music intended for the game but gave me permission to use some of his tracks that I felt fit what is going on in a level.

F-777? Really? Wow, I'm surprised. I'd like to see his 'Deadlocked' song make into EH. it made it into the Geometry Dash OST for the 2.0 update, so why not here?

The latest version of the game can also be downloaded here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-fox-event-horizon/downloads/star-fox-event-horizon-demo-4

Sweet! I've been waiting for the new version! I'll download it this weekend and see what it's like. Also, are there any major characters who need voice actors? If so, let me know; now that I'm at lycée, I somehow have more time on my hands.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

And that music just keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work!

Hey Nephalim, what's the situation on voice acting? Have you got enough people doing the dialogue, or are you still looking for some guys to help out? Please let me know, I want to contribute in some way to this project!

this is finally how fan made projects should be I admire you work The Undying Nephalim . shame that I prefer more old-school than 3D works

On 11/17/2015, 12:59:38, Clearwater said:

Finally, some more info! It's really looking the part! ;)

Yeah I probably should post on here more. If it seems like I've vanished from SFO, be sure to check out the forums for the game. I usually post there more often.

13 hours ago, Clearwater said:

Hey Nephalim, what's the situation on voice acting? Have you got enough people doing the dialogue, or are you still looking for some guys to help out? Please let me know, I want to contribute in some way to this project!

Voice overs are going to be the very last thing done for the game. I feel it would not be wise to have a bunch of voice actors hanging around for several years waiting for me to finish everything.