Starfox: Event Horizon

The Undying Nephalim

Some random gameplay stuff, a Launch Bay Sequence and two levels above the surface of Sauria:

It's not looking too bad but it needs a bit of polishing.

• The cut-scene translations from gameplay seem janky. I know Freespace 1 nor 2 had in game cut scenes, and  including them now is probably new territory, but it needs some polish. Wouldn't it be easier to make some sort of fade into a new scene, rather then have the game reorient the craft like that?

I'm not too sure what you mean by this, the game fades out to black and back in for cinematics in the video as you describe.

Wow, that's shaping up better and better evey time I look at it.

By the way, what's the situation on the voice acting?

• 1 month later...

The often requested Training Level:

I'll have it uploaded and playable sometime in the next week.

Oh wow, that's a great job you've done there. :yes:

By the way, who's the voice actor for James? I quite like how he voiced him.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the next version of Star Fox: Event Horizon is ready for download!

Included is the voiced Tutorial levels, new Freeplay maps, all 27 playable characters, and 30 playable craft:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-fox-event-horizon/downloads/star-fox-event-horizon-second-demo

By the way, who's the voice actor for James? I quite like how he voiced him.

He is voiced by Callum Janes.

After playing the first playable demo, it was good. I liked it, but it suffered some performance issues, and constant crashing's. Once I got to try out the second demo, I was pleasantly surprised, a lot of the performance issues and crashing's have been fixed. While some of it is more or less the same content, they're new missions which I enjoyed. And I do like the the voice actor for James (you have to go to the tutorial mode to hear his voice). I don't know if I wasn't paying attention in the first demo or not, but now I do notice some graphical differences, like the Cerinian Battle Mech now has a bit of a shine. I've also noticed that ships have a regeneration system which is a nice touch, since you do not have counter measures in this game so far, it may be needed since some of the battles are insanely large and fire is coming from all angles. While the performance is nice, some of the missions are a bit buggy, at least on my rig.As soon as I move the ship, it would instant crash. I've only noticed this on two missions so far, but I could have been unlucky. The soundtracks are great so far, and I really like the one from Randorn's theme in the reveal trailer. 

I hope to see the finish product later on this year, or at the very least another demo. 

• 1 month later...

There's been a lot of downtime waiting for the script to be finalized. I figure while I'm waiting I'll up the poly count on some of the older models. First up I've redone Fox:

fox_mccloud_by_undyingnephalim-d8k7e2s.j

• Like 2

The hype trailer for this seems unbelievably edgy. 

Not particularly looking forward to the story or characters. The character designs also use too many dark outlines, and consequently everyone looks tired or unhappy.

Gameplay looks okay. Music is meh.

I'll try the demo out but this isn't looking promising to me.

Impressive work nonetheless, as this all takes a hell of a lot to make and clearly has effort put into it.

• Like 1

The hype trailer for this seems unbelievably edgy.

It was probably a really poor choice of the music for the trailer, I'd not say the game takes itself that seriously.

Not sure I get what you mean by dark outlines, there's no cell shading or anything like that, just smooth dynamic shadows. How can Fox be unhappy up there with that smile anyway?  ;)

Hey, remember you were asking a    while back for voice actors? Well, now that I've got my new headset, I took the liberty of
recording Andross' lines in the first level. Have a listen and tell me what you think; the link's below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6g2yhsxfz8i203e/AADN-Yri6T1Phqb-mfn9pT_ca?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, remember you were asking a    while back for voice actors? Well, now that I've got my new headset, I took the liberty of

recording Andross' lines in the first level. Have a listen and tell me what you think; the link's below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6g2yhsxfz8i203e/AADN-Yri6T1Phqb-mfn9pT_ca?dl=0

Thank you for sending in some voice samples, and I apologize for not responding sooner. I don't frequent these forums that often. Your voice might be able to work out for a Sharpclaw or something of that nature. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sending in some voice samples, and I apologize for not responding sooner. I don't frequent these forums that often. Your voice might be able to work out for a Sharpclaw or something of that nature. 

Sounds good. Just tell me when you need me to do some lines.

• 3 weeks later...

Well here it is, a new trailer and a new version of Event Horizon. 

I received a lot of negative feedback from the first Hype Trailer I released almost a year ago, so I took a lot of the critique to heart when putting this one together. Hopefully the cheesy cornball quota is met this time around.

Featuring Jane Callum as the voice of the Narrator and Fox McCloud, as well as "Days are Forgotten" by Kasabian.

You can download the newest version of the game here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-fox-event-horizon/downloads/star-fox-event-horizon-third-demo

• Like 2

Great! Lookin' forward to playing it! :D

Oh, by the way, I forgot the mention: In the second version of the demo, during the Pigma's Revenge mission, there was a bug that would prevent the intermission sequence of James and Peppy flying to Andross' ship. If you were locked onto anything else than the ship, you would fly to your locked-on target and not Andross' ship, preventing the intermission sequence (And the rest of the mission) from playing.

Well, an often requested enemy on my website makes their return to Star Fox:

If you were locked onto anything else than the ship, you would fly to your locked-on target and not Andross' ship, preventing the intermission sequence (And the rest of the mission) from playing.

​Thank you for pointing that out, I'll try and fix it in the next release.

Are you planning to have the game open-source? I sorta want to have my OC, Kamil in this.

​Freespace Open (the engine the game is made in) is Open source and all my assets come with the download of the game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...