Star Fox Lylat Legacy (SFLL)

Layeyes

I can see myself visiting this thread time and time again.  To say that your artwork is masterfully done wouldn't be doing it justice. :D

• Like 1

Is that a Wii-mote on the flight stick?

and a 3ds in the seat?

....gods you're a great artist :D

• Like 1

I can see myself visiting this thread time and time again.  To say that your artwork is masterfully done wouldn't be doing it justice. :D

thanks man really theres much that I'm still learning, James and Pigma have out of the cast of characters a most interesting rewrite, Story is going to be a bit more in depth of the incident.  Having that James is my favorite. we have some interesting theories about his death.

Is that a Wii-mote on the flight stick?

and a 3ds in the seat?

....gods you're a great artist :D

At first while designing the interior for this series I went with like a Gamecube Interior scheme... then for the flight stick Thought a Wii mote would be fun. but yeah its totally not permanent, and would probably be a terrible idea for like a new Starfox game Controls. but thanks things are picking up in terms of getting this off the ground. 

the_great_fox_crew_members__by_layeyes-d

THE GREAT FOX CREW MEMBERS

Heres some more Concept, ones that I find most interesting to redesign, and something worth bringing up about the project (like this stuff matter, well to me it does like the little details)

-ROB64 (NUS64):  as the Old 64 colors and, his role as the Main AI operating system and Pilot for the Great Fox.

-ROD (Rodney)Tanook: as the Great Fox Maintenance Engineer and the manual Operator.  

So yeah just wanting to see what you guys think. 

• Like 3

Ah, yes. The unsung hero of the Star Fox team, otherwise known as that really creepy looking guy in training mode!

Tap Dat Touch Screen.

Sorry, I can't take this character seriously since that line was added in SF643D. :lol:

• Like 1

Tap Dat Touch Screen.

Sorry, I can't take this character seriously since that line was added in SF643D. :lol:

The entire Training mode I couldn't stop laughing on how Uber Deep Chill his voice was. While designing ROD I just imagine his Deep Voice the entire time LOL.

But generally he works on all the Great Fox's Systems, including it Plasma Drive Core, Hyper Plasma Cannons, an all the Additional Hardware on the Great Fox. Along with Co managing, Monitoring the Training Room with ROB 64 Simulating the Sessions.  ROB 64 works the Software of the Great fox, and works as the AI Operating System, Managing Communications, Analyzing Data, Navigation, Keeping the Software Up to date, On all Systems.  

Slippy Also works Close knit with ROD and ROB64, Having that in mind (to me) Slippy is generally a real Chill Character So Id say he kicks off really well with Rod, (like everyone else) Slippy However manages the Arwings Performances, Having the ability to pilot the Arwing Slippy technically is more qualified to do the needed Calibrations and Adjustments to the Arwing.  As well as being the major Combat Engineer, Slippy works on Specifics Gadgets and Inventions to Aid the Star Fox Team, one major one being the Blue Marine, as well as many others useful gadgets such as the SF Reflector, Cloaking Device Prototype (we have a list of items we are going to progressive have invented).  As Slippy the Head Engineer of the Team, Rod being Maintenance Officer under Slippy They run a pretty tight Ship when it comes to tech.  However I have Rod to be a major Engineer on the Land Master Due to his Background as a Tank Engineer for the Cornerian Army,  With Cooperation of Slippy Engineering the design. Along with ROB64 Doing all the Computing Programming in each of the Systems.  What makes the team really Shine is the work that these Engineers put in, from Game arc to arc we are planning to illustrate that in a way were we can make the Web comic interesting enough and moving away from like a "look here we got a sweet drawn Starfox comic they fly and speed run through game yay!"

Personally I love to pump some unique Scifi Aspects into this series having being a huge Major Mass Effect Fan (that game to me is just Max Out Scifi)  Especially having some of these real potential Characters to know their shit.

tumblr_mzo1ofKxyU1stkigjo1_1280.png

However, though its been really fun putting some needed lore into these gaps in a way where it all have more meaning to the story line and impact the coming events.

Generally we aim to make each Character in the series hold a meaningful role and be less of a joke, but have some sort of ideal connection to the story as a whole.  

• Like 1

5tnx.jpg

WOLFEN MK I

MachSPC-ANGLR 

-X VERSITILE WING

24vu.jpg

ARWING MK I

AR764 

-TWIN LASER ATTACHMENT

Some Redesigns done on Sketch up.  Fully set and ready for Quick Referencing,  Although there wasn't too much to go by mainly working with what I see on the 643DS and some other Models of the Arwing.  (The Brawl Trophy was ok but, I wasn't a huge fan of it.) 

As for the Wolfen, Sad luck finding a trusty refference.. not too much love there when it came to fan works of the Wolfen. Even the Brawl Trophy had me dead... I took some matters unto my own hands, home screening the Fichina Lvl to catch a good glimpse... (the best difference Ive found and only got to use)  Anyways I've made head on making the Wolfen look more like a Racer than a Fighter (there's more that goes into that)

If you wanna check some other shots of the Wolfen (Engine wise) Check out the Blog

Lovely Sketch up.  Now the only means of work is to keep these on Model for the Comic.

Currently Working on the re-Redesign on the

-Cornerian Fighter Mk I

-Cornerian Fighter Mk II (Bill's Fighter)

Here's the first Initial Design

But yeah I'll Probably run an updated Data sheet on the Ships for just my hobby sake. and 

Reveal a bit more of the Arsenal for the Venomian Forces  (Found these sweet JP StarFox1 Enemies concept guide Scans) I think somebody here had put them up. but thanks for that. whom may that be I'll find out soon.

But heres some SFLL Official Fighter Ship Models. 

• Like 1

fckya.gif

This is going to be one of "those" art threads.  The type of thread that makes my jaw drop in amazement every time I click on it.

tumblr_n2lxy8IZAE1stkigjo1_1280.png

PROLOGUE PRELIMINARY PAGES Released on the Blog

Check it out. Were basically just working on finalizing the Bubbles and the Script of it all.

then eventually have a proper release.  But yeah it won't be long till we have a timely releasing page per page.

~Layeyes

25cw.jpgLayeyes            5fz2.pngFishman

From the SFLL Staff we hope you like our works thus far and we hope to continue to deliver.

• Like 2

CORNERIAN ARMY LINE OF AERO-SPACE FIGHTER 

These are some lore developed for the SFLL series, mainly because Im a huge Katina Fan (My Favorite Level on 64) one of which because I totally got into Bill Grey being a boss character, with twin laser action!!!  So developing lore for this was just a Nostalgia melt down. (too bad there's not a lot of Bill Grey fan art around.) 

Anyways Well start from the top, (Beware of typos my English sucks.)

CFMK I

zqyr.png

The Cornerian Fighter Mk I

Developed from the early ages of G-Diffusing Technology (around when James McCloud was still at the Flight Academy).  The MK I came to be Corneria's and the Lylat's Systems standard issued Aid relief Ships made with basic Defense Capabilities. However the MK I development introduced the Minor core G-Diffusing System.  Which then became the standard and the foot stool for G-Diffusing based Ships.

lak4.png

The major thing about the CFMK I was its top Maneuvering  and a zero based energy features, which made it the ideal Enforcer of the Lylat system, at the time. With it getting place to place and being highly durable and low maintenance, its down fall was it weak basic defenses. Armed with single laser and minor shielding capabilities. It was only a matter of time where opposing forces would match or exceed the MK I maneuvering capabilities  

4i6p.png

and when that happened it became apparrent that the CRMK I would be in need for more Development in it's Offensive and Defensive capabilities.

However The CFMK I  is easy to pilot and control and made for great mass production. But dire circumstances required the Army to Up this Fighters's capabilities.   

CFMK II

jiss.png

CORNERIAN FIGHTER MK II

the Standard Issued Fighter of the Cornerian Army. The CFMKII was Develop as a result of opposing forces Fighters were reaching near the Standards of MK I. With that call for a better fighter ship the Arwing was developed. Then afterwards the CFMK II was released as the new line of Standard Aero Space Fighters, having that it's was far easier to pilot and control than the Arwing.  Having all its features modified for more durability and fire power.

1dzz.png

The CFMK II was made for long lasting combat and survival, it has large compartment space to fit supplies to carry out war efforts across the Lylat system.  Ran a more polished Single Minor Core G-Diffusing system as well as Versatile Wiglet upgrades amp-ing the G-Diffusing process making it easier to make flight in any based level of gravity and increasing and its Aerial maneuverability and particularly making the wings less prone intense damage.  Advance boosting Engines making this travel far advanced than that of the MK I and Also Shields saw improvement,  

3wdy.png

Still Armed with Single Laser, the CFMK II has Secondary and Additional Attachments as well as a new bottom loadable releasing compartments, making this unit of fighters flexible to be specialized.  The CFMK II has become the Cornerian Army Star fighter, with it both easy to Pilot and its Flexible capabilities the Army is able to get a great number of capable units into battle. 

CFMK III

yjad.png

CORNERIAN FIGHTER MK III  (Bill Grey's Fighter)

Developed around the early Intense wages of Lylat War (SF64) Around where Corneria was losing its lead in war efforts. A dire need of developing a High end Aero Space Fighter was called in order to turn things around. with that the CFMK III was developed.

a7d4.png

With the CFMK III development, there where only a handful of Pilots that could pilot it effectively. Among those Pilots was Bill Grey,

who then became Commanding Officer over the Husky and Bull Dog Units to Defend the Katina's War Intelligence Communication Hub HQ. 

Armed with Twin Laser and with Single laser Flex, the Mk III held overall superior Fire power During the Lylat War (SF64)

jm8i.png

The CFMK III holds a Minor and an additions Major G-Diffusing System (the bottom green GD Unit Spike) 

The CFMK III has also a Dual loadable Compartments doubling its Compartment Space.

The CFMK III Line has Maneuvering Capabilities near that of the Arwing, having that the Arwing has Dual-Core Major G-Diffusing System.

However like the Arwing, the CFMK III is difficult to pilot and control. Making the CFMK II still the generally Issued Fighter.

Overall CFMKIII is the Best Aero-Space Fighter the Cornerian Army has in it's current Arsenal.

25cw.jpg

That is about it for now.  check us out for more Development of the upcoming webcomic SFLL (My signature)

love to hear some opinions on these ideas, (I'll continue Updating on random stuff on the series here) 

~Layeyes

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

...can I just say that I appreciate the ENORMOUS amount of time and effort you guys seem to be putting into this?

That post about the Cornerian Fighters :shock: Absolutely amazing. I always did wonder why Bill was piloting a ship that was exactly the same as the troops he commanded in SF64. Oh, did I mention the art is amazing?

• 2 weeks later...

STAR FOX LYLAT LEGACY-

MIYU LYNX:

tumblr_n3lhtlaeCJ1stkigjo1_500.png

Miyu Lynx.

The Proficient Mercenary

What I can is she's basically a Major Bad-ass Military Bitch. Very Independent and Extremely Capable Mercenary.  

High level skill both in and out of the Arwing. Very Adamant in nature, highly focused in her work, and

constantly working to improve her skills. Very closed reserved person likes her privacy

and in most cases is often taken the wrong way. a past unknown among her fellow members of the Star Fox team

and can be very stand offish about it.

But she has overly proven her worth as a member of the Star Fox team.

tumblr_n3j1o79zrZ1sy7e7fo2_500.png

Also here to remind everyone that Fay is still the Best Character that never saw life in the STAR FOX SERIES.

• Like 3

STAR FOX LYLAT LEGACY-

:FAY SPANIEL

tumblr_n3q8atxM6K1stkigjo2_r1_1280.png

FAY SPANIEL

THE BRAVE

Very Energenic, high spirited and a strong willed member of the StarFox team. I imagine her as a bratty sister type to the group and is treated as such among the other members of the team.  Being small and young often throws a lot of enemies off of her capabilities.  Her bravado and 

daring nature however can be very troublesome and is constant supervision of Peppy Hare who worries about her unsafe behavior. 

However is very aware of what she is capable of. However her past remain a mystery to the other members.

Favorite pass time is making Falco look like a fool, and giving him a hard time.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n4juo8P6ns1stkigjo1_1280.png

Fay Spaniel Redesign for Star Fox Lylat Legacy

tumblr_n4g34b9vlR1stkigjo1_1280.png

Miyu Lynx (Final) Redesign for Star Fox Lylat Legacy

• Like 1

tumblr_n3u4xslqvo1stkigjo1_1280.png

FALCO LOMBARDI

ACE of the LYLAT.

Bold as brass Falco Lombardi hails as the Ace of the StarFox Teams rivaling the skills of that of the leader Fox McCloud. As well as being tough Falco is of a solid mind when it comes to combat. His attitude can throw people off, but when it comes to pulling through on missions, Falco Hold his own and alot more extra than he is credited for. 

However he finds giving people a hard time a sort of lifely passtime, which is why people don't ever take him seriously.

~Layeyes

• Like 2

STAR FOX LYLAT LEGACY-

tumblr_n41wfkMg5r1stkigjo1_1280.png

SLIPPY TOAD

OPERATIVE ENGINEER 

There's been a culture in the StarFox Fandom where its an automatic to assume Slippy is complete trash or its part of the game 

ridicule him for 'slipping up."

Although there isn't much more I would like to say about that, but we have a bit more in mind when it comes to Slippy.  
having that he's the closest thing to family, in his relationship to Fox. Slippy who's father is a legendary ground breaking scientist, inventor, Space Archaeologists, etc.. its was obvious that Slippy would take up some of his's father traits in tinkering with tech. Genuine in character like his father, Slippy makes up his flaws in many other aspects. Seeing that he's able to fly the Arwing makes him ranks beyond pilots this early in the game. However he's obviously not the best Arwing Fighter, and at first struggles, but with his friend backing him up it really makes for great character dynamic.

However Slippy serves as the Team Flight Analyst during Flight missions. giving the team the info feed on enemies and weak points. And on ground missions he works severely as an Operative Engineer, to Immortalizing enemies tech, to hacking and override security lock downs.

He also serves up some serious and inventions for the team to use. (using what scrap parts that comes their way during missions and what not.

As the teams Top Engineer

and his team

10152020_4094003483988_50969761203641917

ROB64 as Software Programmer and Rod as Head Mechanic

the three can whip up some serious work and amplifications.

Slippy- designing and coming up

with the blueprints and schematics. 

Rod- Handling putting the hardware parts and everything together

with aid of Slippy overseeing the work

ROB64- Doing the needed Programming and updates for the Tech and teams

Fighters and vehicles

Talk about hyper StarFox Team Amplifications, Part of the reason why the team is pretty top notch. 

• Like 3

STAR FOX LYLAT LEGACY-

tumblr_n43yrbypS81stkigjo2_r1_1280.png

PEPPY HARE

NAVIGATOR & INTELLIGENCE

Peppy Hare, was A1 Classed Soldier in the Cornerian Army.

and an one of the first Arwing Pilot of the Lylat System. Peppy has hardcore Military and Mercenary Expertise. Helping Fox learn and lead the StarFox Team, Peppy entitles himself responsibility on both the safety of the team, as well as training. He is more capable than most would give him credit for, Although he's more interested in see the team grow in skill he takes a back seat approach to monitor and ensure the teams can handle things.

As the main mentor in every aspect of the work, Peppy hails as a great resource and early on Star Fox's Greatest Asset.  Having great rep with the Cornerian Army as well as retaining great connections with other parts. Peppy has made his mark, and wants only whats best for the team and especially Fox who he feels completely obligated to.  With babysitting the Star Fox team, Peppy has a various interest, like things to regimental, clean and organized, very fond of following procedures, and great interest in writing. However with Brains, he as well is highly physically capable, from what most people can't see at first Peppy skill is one that some would call legendary, not displayed as often, but it's there, mainly the only character that would know and match up to that level General Cornelius Pepper (and those of the A1 Rank), Pigma Dengar, and of course Jame McCloud who is now just a Legend. 

Peppy's role in SFLL as well as many character are Amplified to have more meaningful characteristics and level of intense relevance.

Well check us out and keep SF running lol   

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

STAR FOX LYLAT LEGACY-

tumblr_n4nexxQC8c1stkigjo1_1280.png

FOX McCLOUD

TEAM LEADER

Having his Father's likeness, Fox excels in areas of both Aerial and ground combat. 

adapts swiftly and is quick to observe. Fox has his mind set in picking up where his Father Left off.

and also fulfilling his Dad's Dream.

Fox McCloud brings about his Fathers Legacy, Strives to work hard, study and train to fill his shoes.  

Fox makes his way as the Learning Leader of the StarFox team. With Peppy mentoring and training the team, Fox mind is

set in fulfilling his Fathers role as Leader.  Do so, he undergoes a journey to learn, get to know, and be more like his Legendary Father,

James McCloud.  However there are things that he's copes with and at times he copes alone. but generally Fox will be at best, a very clear minded commander, especially

in very dire situations. It's almost instinctive to how he gets things done.  There's just something admiral about Fox's Shear confidence and bold acting attitude.

which over time, we hope to be illustrating his character progress from arc to arc, from a young extreme hyper engaging leader to a tamed professional.

• Like 3

STAR FOX LYLAT LEGACY-

tumblr_n5hy6uCRcb1stkigjo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5hy6uCRcb1stkigjo2_1280.png

WOLF O'DONNELL

TEAM LEADER 

Wolf, in story will be a few year older than Fox, he will have an interesting link to Jame's McCloud, a bit of it's own story.  Think of it as Destined situation. However its just

something that we've pieced together for the Adaptation that we will have illustrated.  But it will be more so a Special Series, Star Wolf Origins (SWO) one that follows up like the Star Fox Origins (SFO) Jame's Story, which will take place before the Star Fox 1 Story Arc (SF1*) However both Specials will be used as revelatory Origins stories that will show up in bits and pieces in the Main* Story. but yeah Wolf just has that incredible Skill set of that of a Great Mercenary. Versatile in his abilities, Wolf is one character like many other in the StarWolf Team. that will have more interesting Past to share.  

In character Wolf and his team carries themselves as shear Professionals. Wolf in turn is mainly interested in getting the job done particularly the jobs he sees as no challenge. however he tends to complicate things between his Rivalry with the Star Fox Team. In ways where he finds the constant clashes thrilling.

Well then check us out if you want up to date updates.  We have good things to come for SFLL and

We will have something fresh and solid planed for the beloved Commander of the Star Wolf Team, Wolf O'Donnell.

• Like 2

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm trying to understand this project. I literally just realized that this is more than just a collection fanarts (Yeah, Derp on my part).

Is there some kind of writeup you have on this project? It is a comic, correct? I know you have that Tumblr, but weeding information out of the art posts and off-topic ones requires more effort than it should.

Might I suggest creating a page somewhere with the basic information about your project explaining what it is, it's goals, and, if possible, a timeline?

I'm always willing to promote fan projects on SF-O, but I need to educate myself on them first!

• Like 2

This work is really badass. Is this part of a big project, haowver, or just a collection of fanart? Either way, this work is awesome. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

HERE'S the fill on STARFOX LYLAT LEGACY

WHO?

-I'm Layeyes the Artist for the Webcomic and my Colleague Fishman is a collaborator, Story Director, runs the Tumblr. 

WHAT?

-So yeah It a WebComic, A Fan Adaptation of the current StarFox Series.

-We are aiming to cover Every Game in the StarFox Series, excluding StarFox Command.

(Although we have some ideas in mind for SFCommand)

The comic will be retelling the Story of Star Fox from the Beginning (Starting from SF1).

Filling in the gaps with needed lore. Rewriting certain story aspects of each Game to have them all fit in a nice Story line.

we are looking to breathe some new life into the characters and ensuring that they have a more meaningful role in the storyline.

each will be fitted with a harmonizing past, for Example General Pepper, whom will have an interesting tie to the series in his past as well

as his current role.

tumblr_n67vidl72n1stkigjo2_1280.png

(General Pepper Back-Story Revealed)

We have each Game as Planed out Arcs for the SFLL series

Starting from the Very beginning with James Story being the furthest point to cover in the series, which will be known as Star Fox Orgins (SFO)

(which won't be the featured starting point of the Comic) but a mere special that will be used throughout the Story-line 

...Planned Arcs?

*SFO 

SF1

SF2

SF64

----???*

SFAD (SF Adventures)

----???*

SFAS  (SF Assault)

----???

----???

SFLL (Finale)

sf1_arc_by_layeyes-d7nc8uc.png

(SF1 STARFOX & STARWOLF)

CHARACTERS & STORYLINE?

So pretty much got a lot written off on what were doing with each Story Arc/Game Series, Mind the "----???" there the bit were writing that will fill the gaps between each game. Although I've listed the obvious Arcs that have Games attached to them so revealing titles of those "----???" won't be helpful. we do have some other interesting thing that we may be doing which involve StarWolf. (Perhaps a SWO) However with that said we are looking to make each characters more meaningful in the series.  

Meaning each character we include will have an interesting story behind them, even characters such as

Fara Phoenix will be fitted for the series.

Also including Characters assumptions such as Bill Grey's Father  "Hound"

tumblr_n677gq89n11stkigjo1_1280.png

(Nostalgic Image of Officer Grey, Hound  and Commander James McCloud)

...OC's?

Yeah other than that, were not going to produce any other new original Character (Excluding the filling extras and background characters) but yeah

there's still ideas developing in other characters that may or may not be used. but for now "Hound" seems to be the only one that's original thus far.

mccloud_legacy_by_layeyes-d7n1zlz.png

...MAIN IDEA AROUND SFLL?

THE STARFOX LYLAT LEGACY series will be just like what the title in-tells; Telling the Story of the STAR FOX LEGACY. Drawing more dynamics between characters and their connection with the Legacy itself as well as, in my opinion, bring the Star Fox story to it's full story potential with a goal including each game.

...WHY ALL THIS?

We hope to make Fans, as well as new fans to the series, to enjoy what we got going on and see StarFox in a new light. really its a project I sort of got together to do to get better at art in general, something to keep me drawing. sort of a project I can enjoy doing, and improve my creative skill in the process. generally just being Fanatics.

tumblr_n72eyk2oq61stkigjo1_1280.png

WERE RELEASING SOON! ...PLUS OUR TAKE ON THE STARFOX WORKING TITLE?

SO there's that, were looking to release the the comic soon it will be on Tumblr. but were looking to get a Site going to have a place to better host the content.were hype to see what people think. and we are glad to see all the good feed on the art and support we've gotten so far.  

Also really excited bout the news on the StarFox Series. pretty Stoked about the causal news but yeah, its probably good for the Fandom. Can't wait to see the Next gen STARFOX.

-sorry about the very very late and long long scattered answer/response, but yeah if you have any questions about SFLL just drop me a line on skype, or just ask away on here. I'll be sure to update this thread more frequently. But thanks again for your support.

were glad to have your help promoting the comic

~Layeyes

• Like 2