A Fox in Space

Fredryk Phox

Awesome, Im happy to see that you are bringing this back! Ill be watching this thread closly

Aw yeah, good to see you back here, mate! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been working on!

I'm glad to see that Zorrestrella will be continued alongside this. Keep up the impeccable work, Fred.

SF:TAS is.....back!?!

But....but how is this possible? I thought Nintendo sent you a cease and desist letter.

SF:TAS is.....back!?!

But....but how is this possible? I thought Nintendo sent you a cease and desist letter.

Nintendo announced recently that they're cool with fan works.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-ips-can-officially-be-used-for-fan-projects-endorsement-scheme-announced-for-japan/

Does this mean you will make the character personalities truer to the way they are represented in the games? I actually rather liked the over the top way you approached it before. But either way, I am so happy to see this project being brought back to life.

Oh, okay I see.

But then why did Fred cancel it in the first place?

Last I heard, he "canceled" The Animated Series because he really liked what he was doing and had some other ideas, and didn't want to go to a lot of work just to have Nintendo maybe yell at him... Soo he came up with Zorrestrella.

... I think?

Anyway, really really cool to see this again! I like the new look for everyone. I just want to see more. :D

Hope you're doing well, Fred. Good luck, and keep up the fantastic work!

Long story short, got fed up for a while due to some real-life problems with money and time and whatnot, but things are going better now and I have better equipment, along with an actual studio where I can work on things much easier.

And yes, the characters are going to look more true to their Nintendo versions, the others I had being modified to fit their own original characters and universe. My Star Fox series is still going to be mature and weird, but the looks will be much more traditional.

Here's a concept picture I did for Fara this morning:

tumblr_ngn8i6gx9x1u39wwro1_r1_1280.png

• Like 6

FRED GODDAMN

STOP TOYING WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS MAN

but srsly happy to see this come back even if itll be totally different from the old stuff

but the corny 70s/80s aesthetic will still be around right? pls fred pls

• Like 5

Yeah one thing that bugged me about this series in it's initial form was how different the characters looked and acted from the source material. I grew to accept it, but I'm happy now that you chose to make it more faithful to the games.

I don't mind the mature themes, just as long as it doesn't try to be overly dark and serious like Assault did, and judging by all the stuff you've given out in the past few years, it looks like it won't be anywhere near that, which is good.

Yeah one thing that bugged me about this series in it's initial form was how different the characters looked and acted from the source material.

To be completely fair the canon's iterations of the characters is basically akin to cardboard.  I'm glad the hilarity of the original draft will live on in the other project on that note.

The advantage of having such bare-bones source material is that you can seriously do whatever the hell you want with it and nobody will bitch about the canon. Imagine doing this with, say, Star Trek or Harry Potter. There's so much detail about everything that you can't really get creative with it.

still gonna have songs? i remember your first draft of this thing having some and they were awesomelarious

• 2 weeks later...

oh god yes pls more silly musical numbers

FRED GODDAMMIT REUPLOAD YOUR OLD MUSIC TO YOUR YOUTUBE

I NEED THE ANDROSS RAP IN MY LIFE AGAIN

• Like 3