A Fox in Space

Fredryk Phox

This is fucking awesome. Fox looks almost identical to his Itoh comic appearance now. =D

• 2 weeks later...

Did I see a retaining of Falco's random New England accent? Hell Yes.  The art's great, the character interaction is superb, and it's shaping up to be one helluva series yet again.  Good work.

• Like 1

Oh god I think you've done the impossible: perfectly hybridized Wolf's personality from 64 and the latter games. Good. Very good.

• Like 4

I rather like Falco's ribbing at ground ops.

STARFOX NOT GROUNDFOX.

• Like 1

Did I see a retaining of Falco's random New England accent? Hell Yes.  

He had a New England accent? I'd always thought he had the generic Jehzee tough guy Italian/Jewish accent. New England's like John F. Kennedy or George Plimpton or whatevah.

i5ZRSPCPBTI6i.png

The expressions totally make this pure gold. I lovelovelove how you can actually draw legit facial expressions instead of just doing the same 10 animuuu kawaii poses that freakin' EVERYBODY seems to rely on.

• Like 1

He had a New England accent? I'd always thought he had the generic Jehzee tough guy Italian/Jewish accent. New England's like John F. Kennedy or George Plimpton or whatevah.

I considered it a hybrid between a Boston, New Jersey, and New York styled accent - a New England accent encompasses that.  Note the lack of pronunciation of the "R" sound in "Whedda" versus "Where the", a trademark of the region's accent.  Kennedy's accent is just in a league of its own IMO. 

Ehh, my mom's side of the family is from New England (mainly Saratoga and Greenwich, very snooty-patooty), and they all basically talk like JFK, although not nearly as thick. I guess a more apt comparison would be like Fox from Adventures (which was just a British guy affecting a generic American accent, IIRC), I guess. Not terribly good at describing accents. Falco sounds and acts decidedly more like a stereotypical blue-collar Brooklyn street tough than a New England pretty boy (bird?).

Fun fact: You can do a dead-on Kennedy (no pun intended) accent by jutting your chin forward, keeping your lips tight, and not moving your jaw an inch. That's how elocution was taught in the old-money boarding schools, and so the Kennedy's tried their damndest to emulate that along with other aspects of high-society life (since they went from a working-poor Irish family to really fucking loaded thanks to Prohibition), and ran with it. Perhaps a bit too much so. 

• Like 1

I'm just wondering, how is Wolf's accent going to be in this series? Is it going to be the faux British accent he had in 64, or the gruff and grungy cowboy voice he had in Assault?

Recently, I've been thinking Wolf would sound awesome with a gruff Aussie accent (kinda like the Sniper in TF2, only a bit deeper and more focused) as it would be a perfect marriage of both concepts.

I honestly could see (hear?) him, or maybe Panther, as having a sort of quiet sneery voice, kinda like Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Just pure unadulterated narcissistic douchebag.

THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS...

I'm actually happy about this change. While the previous series had its comedic merits, this goes back to the core of Star Fox with a more serious tone. This I can appreciate.

If you need any help, feel free to ask!

I really think Pigma works best with the southern accent. It translates over cultural barriers as in English or Japanese, Pigma talks like a bumpkin. Plus, hogs are generally associated with the US south (BBQs etc) and it means you can draw Pigma with a cowboy hat. :V

HELL I MAY EVEN TRY TO OFFER MY VOICE FOR HIM but no promises there but ilu fred so well see

I feel like I can make a drinking game off of how much Wolf drops the F-Bomb. Anyone else in?

But I like my liver!

• Like 1