A Fox in Space

Fredryk Phox

@UAZ-469 That is so true. The guy needs more dedicated staff to animate, or do other jobs to help him focus as much of his time as he can on getting his animations done.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, The VGM Lover said:

@UAZ-469 That is so true. The guy needs more dedicated staff to animate, or do other jobs to help him focus as much of his time as he can on getting his animations done.

I'd help if I could. But I can't do anything artistic very well. :(

@RusakovI ain't artisitc for crap. Only my imagination...

a8mKWmN.png Believe me, if I can get the right equipment, this character and I could go really far.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:17 PM, The VGM Lover said:

@RusakovI ain't artisitc for crap. Only my imagination...

Believe me, if I can get the right equipment, this character and I could go really far.

That's still a ton better than what I can do. I'd post what I've tried before, but I don't think it would be ah... neurologically healthy for the other forum-goers.

@RusakovThat's not a drawing. It's just a screenshot. vv  Image may contain: indoor

(Facebook's screenshot rendering is HORRIBLE.)

I think there is more than one guy working on the project, but I'm not sure of that. I know the author asked for more people to help him draw transitional images and stuff, but I have no idea whether people were actually  hired" or not.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 11:47 PM, The VGM Lover said:

@RusakovThat's not a drawing. It's just a screenshot. vv 

(Facebook's screenshot rendering is HORRIBLE.)

The problem is that that game/app probably claims copyright on any characters made using it.

So it wouldn't work TBH. :\

21 hours ago, LinkyHYC said:

I think there is more than one guy working on the project, but I'm not sure of that. I know the author asked for more people to help him draw transitional images and stuff, but I have no idea whether people were actually  hired" or not.

If I look at the YouTube-stream, it seems like he's still drawing alone. :/

Assuming that several seasons are planned, it will likely take many years to finish the show. Not that I mind waiting, but... you know, copyright-strikes and stuff...

22 hours ago, UAZ-469 said:

If I look at the YouTube-stream, it seems like he's still drawing alone. :/

Assuming that several seasons are planned, it will likely take many years to finish the show. Not that I mind waiting, but... you know, copyright-strikes and stuff...

If I remember correctly, he once said in an interview he wanted to make more than one season if possible, with the second taking place something like a decade after the current one.

As for the copyright, Nintendo already took down his initial patreon page because it was specifically about the show. But since then, he made a new one about making "live drawing tutorials" and he seemed pretty safe. We'll see...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the link to his live streams? I used the link on the youtube about section, but the site claims it not ot exist.

I'm totally obsessed with this guy's animation right now. If I had the money, I'd have him fund the series to the standard of Cowboy Bebop (surely an influence).

I love his earlier mock-up animations too. Especiall 'Watch Out! It's Star Wolf! 2010'.

Anyone know the link to his live streams? I used the link on the youtube about section, but the site claims it not ot exist.

I'm totally obsessed with this guy's animation right now. If I had the money, I'd have him fund the series to the standard of Cowboy Bebop (surely an influence).

I love his earlier mock-up animations too. Especiall 'Watch Out! It's Star Wolf! 2010'.

Sub him and his livestreams should show up on your email.

• Like 1

Sub him and his livestreams should show up on your email.

Cheers for that. I've done so now.

Question: Noticed the guy has another channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FredrykPhox/videos

I wonder why he chose to have different channels for almost identical stuff? Likewise, he's apparently taken the odd video down, and others have reuploaded.

I feel the guy would get more support if he had all of his material on one channel.

• Like 1

I think he wants to separate the more "professional" A Fox in Space from the earlier stuff he did under the name of Fredryk Phox (which seemed to be a bit weird to say the least, but hey, internet was still a fairly obscure thing back then)
You can see he's also signing his Fox in Space work under his real name.

And don't worry for the support, he earns something like 2.800 dollars per month with his livestreams ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's good to see that Fred is still working on the series, even if progress is really slow. But hey I'm no animator, he can take his time. It would be really nice to see Episode 2 sometime though. Easier said than done, without a doubt.

• 2 years later...

I think I've been paying $5 a month for about 2-3 years now to the guy. And I watch his Twitch animation stream whenever I can. Great to put on whilst I'm studying. Link to the Twitch stream below.

Indeed, can't believe the dedication this guy has for the project. He doesn't even seem to be much of a fan of the actual series itself, or at least not anymore. Anyone else would have moved on to some other franchise that they're more interested in. This guy's a legend.

Twitch

• 2 years later...