The SF-O 2015 Gaming Tournament - January 2015 - Super Hexagon

Clearwater

All right, you bunch of birds, it's 2015, meaning we can look forward to another year of competition in gaming: Settling grudge matches, moving up and down league boards, trying to decide if the Rionians or the Zimbarbarians are dominant. Thing is though, not everyone can come online at the same time to play, which got me thinking: Why not offer up leaderboard-based challenges every month to decide who is the best competitive player on SF-O?

I noticed that the amount of active users on here who play Super Hexagon are on the rise. So let's see, for the January challenge, who is the most Hexagonest of them all.

THE CHALLENGE:
Simply attempt to last as long as you can on the 'Hyper Hexagon' stage of Super Hexagon (MUST BE THE PC VERSION). When you have beaten your record, take a photo showing the record, the stage name showing the new time, and (This photo isn't mandatory, but would reinforce the time's genuinity) a photo of the friends leaderboard. Upload the photos to this topic, and I'll work out a little board here to
see where each user is classified.

THE DEADLINE:
The deadline for the challenge is the 27th January, which gives you around three weeks. Once the deadline has passed, no more entries can/will be accepted.

The user with the highest time will be crowned the best Super Hexagon player on SF-O.

Now get out there and let those chiptunes and Game Overs fuel the reflexes you require!
Clearwater

I noticed that the amount of active users on here who play Super Hexagon are on the rise. So let's see, for the January challenge, who is the most Hexagonest of them all.

Honestly only four SFO members play Hexagons at all. Hidi, Gestalt, you and a fourth.  If it's going to be a "gaming tournament" you're going to need games that are more easily accessible, more frequently played by users. 

• Like 1

Why not pick a song for Audiosurf instead? We should do a song that has very few records, from a smaller band perhaps.

Honestly only four SFO members play Hexagons at all. Hidi, Gestalt, you and a fourth.  If it's going to be a "gaming tournament" you're going to need games that are more easily accessible, more frequently played by users. 

I like how you name all of them but "the fourth."

image.png

I knew someone else played it I just couldn't remember who. My apologies m8.

I used to play the mobile title a ton, and I have the PC version but I like games like that on my phone better than on my PC.  However, you can add a fifth to your list now.

I also play Hexagon but haven't played it in a long time, I mostly used it while playing World of Tanks if I died before my friend did.

I like how you name all of them but "the fourth."

It's fine, Executable could be thinking of at least five other people. I know a total nine active members (those who would most likely see this thread) who own the game and a total of twelve people who own it that also share an account here.

Super Hexagon is on the cheaper side, and one game I gift >regularly. Too bad Clear didn't try to rally people over the steam sale, as the game drops to around $0.98 on sale and $0.75 on sale sale.

THE CHALLENGE:

Simply attempt to last as long as you can on the 'Hyper Hexagon' stage of Super Hexagon

So Hyper Hexagon? The blue one? The hyper-levels have to be unlocked but...that one is the first one you get. Ahm okay with this.

Neoware, 1v1 me in Smash...

Final Destination

Fox only

No items

Or, we can all 1v1 TF2 MGE.

Edited by Hidi

Settle Super Hexagon in smash, i love it

Face it Hidi, the boy shows promise. He's a natural.

f9e77d16e2.jpg

db282f9bfe.jpg

249e7494c6.jpg

okay, what the fuck, this is very wrong

• Like 1

(I don't know why I'm still up)

I believe he plays most of his stuff offline, so his hours don't get logged.

(me neither)

Ah good, I was beginning to heavily rethink my life. Anyway, I'll do it...I hope some of you whippersnappers join me.

Hidi is right there about me playing my Steam games offline. Reason being is so no one disturbs my deep focus. Oh, and THANK YOU for getting my right for once.