Help me identify this tune

Pgpaw3

Question

I was watching a video on Star Fox Wii U and when I went to click on another one I clicked this by accident. When I heard the intro for the video I could have sworn I have heard the tune before.

Does anyone know what the tune is in the first 4 or so seconds of this video. It's been driving me insane for awhile now and I can't remember where I've heard it before, or if I am just insane.

Oh, and the song itself is pretty good too.

10 answers to this question

Finally found it. Its the intro music for the Nintendo Channel on the Wii. Thanks for the help guy's, especially Jeroscope, who pointed me in the right direction.

I wish I knew where the music in the intro came from. As for the remix itself, I can't understand why the video only has 4,200 views or so. It's a great piece by itself, but I think it clashes with the level design of Sector X. I think it sounds a bit too upbeat and goes away from the "spooky" feeling the original Sector X music was supposed to give you.

• Like 1

I wish I knew where the music in the intro came from. As for the remix itself, I can't understand why the video only has 4,200 views or so. It's a great piece by itself, but I think it clashes with the level design of Sector X. I think it sounds a bit too upbeat and goes away from the "spooky" feeling the original Sector X music was supposed to give you.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. The piece is great by itself, but wouldn't work as well if put on top of Sector X game play.

It sounds like an older computer or console startup.  I unfortunately can't be of much help beyond that, however.

It's probably a custom piece. The guy has a lot of originals on his channel in a similar style.

That's what I was thinking, but I showed it to a friend and he also thought it sounded familiar, but he couldn't identify it either. Some people have commented on the video that they remember it from somewhere as well.

It sounds like one of those old educational tapes from the 90's. You know, like in the intro. Where the logo and stuff comes up.

That's what I was thinking, but I showed it to a friend and he also thought it sounded familiar, but he couldn't identify it either. Some people have commented on the video that they remember it from somewhere as well.

Well, when it's just long chords like that all you have to do is use the same or a similar chord progression to something else (intentionally or not) and people will be reminded of the something else.

Here's a humorous example:

• Like 1

First four seconds are from the Meteo level in Star Fox 64.

EDIT: Oh, you meant the intro music. That's from one of the Wii programs just before you press start.