Naza Sutera

"How about we meet there?" Amelia said, walking over to an accent chair next to the window in the corner. She sat into the plush seat and crossed her legs. "I wanna freshen up a little."

"Sure, sure. I need to g-get ready, too." Korben walked into his bedroom, closing the door on Elizabeth, who attempted to follow him. "Listen, I just w-want to apo-pologize for my friend. Kid's a v-very interesting character." Elizabeth knocked on Korben's bedroom door. He locked it, but she kicked it down nevertheless. "What the f--k?!" Korben mouthed to his former CO.

"It's fine," Amelia began, getting up to enter the bathroom to access the walk-in closet. "Lemme ask you: should I dress it up, or dress it down--" she was cut off by a loud crash on the other end. "What was that?"

"My army buddy," Korben answered. "She's something..." Korben then proceeded to attempt to throw Elizabeth out of his house, if not his bedroom.

"Come on, Korby," she said. "Who is it? Your mother?"

"No, Liz. It's uh... a client. Now leave!" Elizabeth finally acquiesced, and headed downstairs. Korben let out a deep sigh. He then turned his attention to the conversation at hand over the phone. "Amelia, uhh... Casual would be f-fine. It's not a f-f-fancy place." Korben then looked downstairs to see Elizabeth sitting quietly on the couch, bouncing up and down on it.

"Nice digs," she shouted from down below.

"Okay," Amelia said, selecting a black, strapless 'Little Black Dress' situation she got from Versace and holding the article of clothing to her to see how it would look on her. It was dressy, yes, but she figured that she could contrast it with that cropped denim jacket she had borrowed from and had yet to return Amber. "...Alright, I'm going to jump into the shower and get ready."

"Yeah, me too. I'll see you later, Amelia." Korben hung up, and looked back downstairs. Elizabeth had left. He then took off his tie, shirt, and shoes, and proceeded to the bathroom with a towel in his hands. Korben decided that he wanted to shower with some music playing, so he unlocked his phone, selected his music library, and chose the song "Around the World" by his favorite artists, Daft Punk. He stepped into his shower unclothed, with the shower heads, embedded into the wall, plated in chromium. He turned on an interface and turned on the heads. He configured the temperature to be 30 degrees Celcius, and soon his bathroom mirror and sunglasses, lying on the sink, were fogged up. He bopped his head up and down to the beat of "Around the World" playing in his bathroom as he cleaned himself for his date later that day. 

After a few minutes and the song's end, Korben stepped out of a steamy, hot haze that was his shower. He dried himself with his towel, wrapped it around his waist, and put on his sunglasses. He checked out himself in his bathroom mirror, and made several facial expressions. He grabbed his phone and went back to his bedroom, only to find three other people in it! Elizabeth, Sandor, and Bohdan were all quietly waiting for him, wanting to know more about Korben's first lady friend.

"What is her name?" inquired Bohdan.

"Is she single?" asked Elizabeth.

"Do you have any cookie dough ice cream?" wondered Sandor. Korben, flabbergasted by their sudden appearance, collected his thoughts and answered their questions one at a time. First was Bohdan's.

"Her name's Amelia." Then he addressed Elizabeth's question. "I'm not sure," he answered genuinely. Finally, was Sandor's question. "Yes. Check the fridge, lower sh-sh-shelf." Sandor dashed to the kitchen, while Bohdan patted Korben on the back.

"May God be with you," he said before going downstairs and departing in his heavily modifed Lamborghini Aventador. Meanwhile, Elizabeth laid out Korben's clothing for him: a crisp, white, and unblemished shirt, a silk, black tie, and skinny jeans. She also bought him his newest pair of Jack Purcell shoes, in his signature colors: black and white. Korben admittedly liked them. Elizabeth, after saying goodbye, left in her dark blue Ford Shelby GT500, also heavily modified. A few minutes later, Korben headed downstairs, looking like he stepped out of a hipster's wardrobe. Sandor, as he was eating a bowl of cookie dough ice cream, admired Korben's new look.

"Someone is looking just fine!" he remarked. He finished his bowl of ice cream, and made a wolf whistle.

"...Sweet thing, you got me singing
Ooh, la, la, lah, Its the way that you feel when you know its real
Ooh, la, la, lah, 

Its the warm thats inside when you're satisfied..."

Amelia sang the lyrics to an R&B classic while showering, managing to stay on key and hit all of the correct notes.

"...Oooooh, la, la, la, la, la, la, la-la-la-la-laaaaaah.... Sweet thing..."

Turning off the tap, she stepped out of the shower, and grabbed one of the towels she had sitting on the lip of the garden tub to dry herself. She wrapped her hair in the other one. Feeling in the mood for some actual music, she put on her terry cloth spa robe and went into her room to get her phone. She went to the song she was just singing, Ooh, La, La, La by the legendary belated Teena Marie. Sitting the phone on the bathroom counter, she grabbed the toothpaste and her toothbrush to brush her teeth.

While she scrubbed her pearly whites, she leaned over to look at her phone to check the time: 2:56. Spitting the suds into the sink, she rinsed her mouth and gargled with Scope and spit that into the sink before turning on the tap to wash it down. As she went into the closet to select her outfit, the song ended and transitioned to Suga Mama by Beyonce.

"Ohh, girl! Thazz mah shyt!" Amelia said, singing the first verse along with Queen B herself. While she moved to the beat, she selected that little black strapless Versace situation she was messing with earlier. She took a pair of beige "Bianca" platform red-bottom heels (a la Christian Louboutin) and tossed the items on her bed to be worried about in a moment. Back into the bathroom, Amelia stood in the mirror as she unwrapped her hair which was still a little damp. She brushed a few tangles out, then used her hands to pull her hair back into a low ponytail and meticulously but quickly pulled it into an easy French twist, securing the 'do with a few bobby pins. Once that was all done, she went into her room to access the chest of drawers for some undies. She put on a red strapless push-up bra and the matching panties, planning to experiment with peeking her bra out. Slipping into the dress and zipping it up--which was easy because the zipper was in the front--she stood in front of the full length mirror to survey her look. The dress was form fitting, the front zip made it look modern and edgy, and her red lacy peeked a little out of the top of the sweetheart bust cut. Amelia wanted to try that look, initially figuring it would look scanty and never to be tried again. But to her surprise, it gave more of a provocative-yet-classy flourish, rather than a racy effect. Satisfied with her look, she stepped into the platform heels, got Amber's cropped denim jacket out of the closet. She opted to switch to a small red Hello Kitty clutch, covered in rhinestones and glitter for a pop of color and to add more casualness to her already dressy look. Plus, it matched her bra.

She exited the house, keying in the code on the front door's key pad to lock the door and engage the home security system. She walked across the courtyard towards the gate, her red-bottom platforms clicking on the brick pavement as her keys dangled from her hand. Unlocking her luxury SUV, she climbed into the vehicle, pulling the door closed behind her. She plugged her phone into the charging port and decided to call Korben. Once the phone started ringing, she placed it to her ear...

As Korben reached the door, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out, only to have Sandor swipe it from his very hands before he knew what happened. Sandor put on his thickest Magyar (Hungarian) accent, and answered the phone. "Do you have an appointment?" he asked. Korben, in a fit of rage, punched Sandor in the ribs, cracking one of them. Sandor fell to the floor, groaning and writhing in pain. Korben took the phone from his evil clutches, and put it to his ear.

"This is Korben," he said.

"I'm leaving the house right now," Amelia said, checking behind her as she backed out of the driveway. "Who was that? That sounded like you're friend who had the big mouth, and told me stuff about you that wasn't any of my business."

"...Y-yes. That was him." Korben grabbed his wallet and keys from his coffee table and left, with Sandor still in pain on the floor. "I'm leaving now, I'll b-be there soon." Korben went into his Mercedes, turned it on, and rolled out of his driveway and into the street, heading towards Town Square.

"...I don't know if I too much of care for his friend," Amelia explained to Amber on the phone, as she sat in her car, parked along the street in Town Square. "He has a big mouth, and I get the vibe that he plays too many games." While Amber expressed her opinion about that, Amelia took a minute or so to touch up her makeup in the vanity mirror. Amber expressed how she herself didn't really trust those who were quick to spill people's secrets. "I know!" Amelia agreed as she combed her lashes with a mascara wand. "...'Cause, he just comes up to me and starts telling me all of Korben's business--he doesn't even know me like that! He seems a little messy from what I've seen from him." Amelia paused while her friend asked her a question. "Well, no. I don't know him to tell him who he should be associating with. And even if I did, Korben is a grown man." By this time, Amelia had stowed away her cosmetics into her Hello Kitty clutch and climbed out of the car. She slipped on that denim jacket and checked traffic before crossing the street to The Silver Spoon. "...Alright, well I'm about to head into the restaurant," Amelia said, getting ready to end the call. "Wish me luck!"

Korben gracefully rode down the sun-soaked avenue in his sleek, black Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning. which was lined with palm trees imported from the tropical regions of Corneria. Korben preferred Zonessian palms, but environmental laws prohibit interplanetary transfers of flora and fauna. Korben soon found himself in Town Sqaure, and noticed Amelia crossing the street and heading into the restaurant, wearing a very provocative dress. He raised his eyebrow in interest. Korben took his Benz to the curb and parked it. Stepping out, he closed the car door and initiated the locks. Korben noticed a blue Shelby parked across the street. "Oh, man..." he groaned in his mind. Korben walked to the restaurant, where he encountered Amelia just outside the establishment. "Hey, Amelia," he greeted.

As she approached the establishment, Amelia tucked her phone and keys into her clutch. She walked upright and with purpose, exuding an air of confidence. She was about to grab the door handle to the restaurant when she heard her name from behind. She quickly whirled around, as if she wasn't expecting someone to approach her. "...Oh, Korben!"

"Lemme get that f-for you," Korben said, smiling, as he approached the door and opened it for Amelia. However, it was not Amelia who first entered, but Korben's CO: Elizabeth Morion.

"Thanks, Sergeant," Elizabeth said as she went through the doorway. Korben rolled his eyes as he held the door.

Amelia was about to enter, but halted as some woman brushed past her to enter the restaurant. She raised an eyebrow at the woman's rudeness and... "Thanks, Sergeant? What does that mean?"

Korben looked down on his Purcells in embarassment, shaking his head. "That..." he began. "...Was Captain Elizabeth Morion, my army b-b-buddy and f-former com-m-manding officer." He then looked in Amelia's eyes. "Remember that crash over th-the ph-phone? That was her."

"Oh, right." It came back to her as they approached the hostess podium. "I think your loud-mouthed friend said something about you being in the military."

"Welcome to The Silver Spoon!" the hostess said cheerfully. "A party of two?"

"Yeah, just us."

"Okay," the young felid woman said as she collected a couple of menus and silverware. "Would you like a booth, a table, or a place on the patio?"

Amelia turned to Korben and asked, "What do you think?"

Edited by Naza Sutera

"Patio," Korben said confidently, noticing Elizabeth sitting alone at a table. She was quietly eating an appetizer of chips and dip, but Korben noticed a glass of iced tea opposite Elizabeth's seat. Elizabeth was drinking sangria. Korben wondered who she was sitting with.

"Alright, follow me," the hostess said, leading them through the restaurant. Amelia noticed that Elizabeth lady sitting alone, eating some chips and dip. The hostess lead them onto the patio to a wrought iron bistro table for two. She placed the menus and silverware on the table. Amelia took her seat.

"Thank you," Amelia said.

Korben took his seat as well, nodding his head in thanks. He took the menu, and after a brief glance, gave it back. "The usual, Korben?" asked the hostess.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied with a smile. The hostess nodded in agreement.

"And for you, miss?" the hostess inquired Amelia.

"Ah..." Amelia scanned the menu, looking for whatever might catch her eye. "Mind giving me a minute?"

"Alright. Can I start you two off with a beverage?"

Amelia flipped to the back of the menu for the drink section. "...I'll have the raspberry lemonade."

"AP, Stacy," Korben answered.

"Sure thing, Korben," Stacy replied, winking at Korben. "Anything else you two need?"

"I think we're good for right now," Amelia said.

"Okay, "I'll check back with you two in a few minutes," Stacy said before leaving them be.

Amelia scanned the menu and said, "I've lived here for almost a year and I've never been to this restaurant."

"Well, I eat h-here every w-weekend," Korben announced. "I'm a regular. Th-the staff, they call me, uhh, The M-man of Few W-words." He chuckled, and analyzed Amelia's fashion choices. He was mesmerized by her looks and style. "You look nice," he admired. Meanwhile, Elizabeth was still sitting alone, eating the appetizer. She looked to see Amelia, in her classy outfit. She was slightly jealous of her provocative look. Then, she was joined by a hulking Ruthenian dragon. It was none other than Bohdan.

"Why have you brought me here?" he asked, sitting down adjacent to Elizabeth. "I have already eaten."

"Oh, stop complaining Theo," she replied abrasively. "We're here to see Korben on his first date."

"Leave the man alone," he advised, sipping his iced tea. Bohdan placed it back on its coaster, and rolled up the sleeves on his jacket, with a custom-made hood attached to it, covering his head. "He deserves to enjoy this experience without our prying eyes. And besides, we are not his parents. We have no business in his personal life." Elizabeth brushed him off. She then turned to another subject, this time relating to Bohdan.

"So Theo, who's this guy you're sharing your condo with?" she asked as she leaned back in her chair, chewing on remnants of a chip.

"His name is Sven," Bohdan answered. "A canine, he looked very down-trodden. So I took him in."

"Your charitable instincts kicked in, huh?"

"You could say that..." The duo then waited for their meals, occasionally stealing glances at Korben and Amelia sitting outside.

"Oh, thanks!" Amelia said in response to his complement. "You look good too. You've got this... 'Luxury Hipster' motif going on."

Stacy came back with their beverages and placed them on the table before them. "Ma'am, are you ready to order?"

"Uhhh..." Amelia looked at the menu again, trying to find that item that piqued her interest. "...How about the Pesto Grilled Chicken?"

"Coming right up." Stacy took her menu and went back into the restaurant.

Amelia took a sip of her lemonade, noting out of the corner of her eye that some Canid guy in the next table was staring them down, taking particular interest in Amelia. She figured that it was the way she was dressed. "...So, Korben... Lets break the ice: tell me things about you."