Katheeri (Discussion)

Zaphyr Stone

Self-explanatory, this is where we discuss all things Katheeri. New players should post their character info here to apply.

EDIT: A good point I forgot to bring up. You are allowed to have more than one character in the RP. Groups are allowed if they are a cohesive team working together.

Edited by Zaphyr Stone

Uh. right, Here's mine I may have jumped the gun in your last thread, but as I've said before, I'm goin' to be using my "Shepherd" character:

I wish to join in, but I don't know which of my characters to use.

Hmm...

I will be controlling the "Katheeri in hiding" and his associate:

Hidden Content

Name: Antoine Chevalier

Race: Western Coyote

Origin: Macbeth

Home: Aridia

Sex: Male

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 140 lbs.

Build: Wiry, well built, athletic, lithe

Eyes: Yellow

Hair: Tan fur that gradually darkens to gray towards the back; white muzzle and belly; has longer dark gray hair tied back.

Family: It's a big family

Personality: Irreverent, rogue-ish, self-centered, egotistic, arrogant, but far from malicious

Background: 

The fourth child born in a family of eight, Antoine grew up in a family where even yelling at the top of your lungs did not fully guarantee you would be heard or listened to. Living in the slums of Macbeth meant tight funds, and as soon as he was old enough, Antoine was put to work on the railroad with his father and brothers, no chance of an education.

Despite wanting to help provide for his large family, Antoine longed to go to school like the others his age and learn. He often dreamed of leaving Macbeth and attending the Cornerian Academy to become a fighter pilot, and when the time came, he attempted to enlist in the military but was denied due to a lack of high school diploma or GED equivalent. Disheartened, but still determined to change his stars, he spent what little spare time he had learning to read and write, but when the Venomian insurgency struck, that was all halted. The railroads were commandeered to ship weapons and supplies for the enemy, and any workers that refused to help in these efforts were terminated. Of these were Antoine's father and eldest brother.

Devastated by the loss and infuriated that his remaining brothers chose to aid the Venomian troops, Antoine left his job on the railroad and went into hiding, taking to the streets to find help elsewhere. He teamed up with a local resistance group and traded fighting for their cause for food for his family. With them, he learned to fight, shoot, and steal, skills he chose to hone even after Venom was chased off by Star Fox. He became a hired gun and sent his family portions from his earnings. With enough time, he grew to be quite formidable.

A job on the desert planet Aridia changed everything for him. He was given a task by an unknown organization to take out a specific target, no questions asked. Unable to refuse the downright sinful amount of pay, Antoine soon discovered the reason for such a high bounty. He had been charged with the assassination of no stranger, but of Aridia's Crown Prince Khalil Nejem. Flabbergasted by the identity of his target, Antoine hesitated, which was long enough to be caught and incarcerated by the Aridian authorities.

Upon interrogation, the Aridians realized their assassin was no more than a hired gun in it only for the payout. Knowing they would not be able to get much information out of him, they offered to double his current offered pay if he could discover who had contacted him. Not seeing much of a choice, Antoine agreed. His investigation inevitably involved dealing with the Prince, who he found to be an intolerable spoiled brat. The two butt heads constantly, but when a second assassination attempt was narrowly averted thanks to Antoine, the two came to a truce and worked together to find who was responsible.

It was eventually discovered that the attacks came from Aridia itself. Khalil had expressed a fierce love for a neighboring planet's Crown Princess, a love some Aridians vehemently disapproved. The assassination attempts were intended to look as though they came from the neighboring planet, and it was hoped this would not only destroy his affection but also incite an act of war. Antoine and Khalil were able to unearth the plot before any more harm could be done. Those responsible were found by the authorities and dealt with accordingly. Given his pay as promised, Antoine made a generous but anonymous donation to his family, enough to give them a better go at life away from poverty. Khalil begged him to stay on as a permanent body guard, but Antoine–favoring his new life on the edge–declined with the promise to return should another well-paying job be offered to him.

Name: Zefran

Race: Katheeri (disguised as a wolf)

Origin: ???

Home: None/Planet Hopper

Sex: Male

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 150 lbs.

Build: Sleek and slender

Eyes: Aqua

Hair: Zefran has two forms: his actual form and a holographic disguise.

Disguise: Typical beige wolf markings. Thick hair is gray.

Actual Form: Long thin muzzle; pale fur; dark stripe around muzzle; Long mane-like hair is silver; long thickly-plumed tail; Dark brown-                           gray wings with gold tips and inner feathers; pronged horns atop head

Family: ???

Personality: Intensely curious, playful, spunky, witty, compassionate, selfless

Background: 

Zefran is a mystery even to himself. He has no recollection of what he is or where he came from. He is guided only by the instinct that the answer is meant to remain a secret from others. As a boy, he was discovered on Macbeth by Venomians and taken into custody for examinations. When the war ended, he was abducted again in the ensuing chaos by traffickers. Saved by Antoine, a seemingly self-absorbed mercenary, who operated under the excuse that someone like Zefran could be worth a lot to the right person, he was given a portable holographic emitter that would project a disguise to conceal his true identity from others.

With Antoine being his only guide to the universe, Zefran has a somewhat skewed perspective of the world. He is bonded to the merc and will aid him on missions.

holla holla shameplug me

You're good, Renard! Post where you see an opportunity :D

• 1 month later...

Go right ahead, Kurt! You can probably come in once we reach Macbeth.

Okay people, here is a real quick diagram of the floor layout of the Szabla that everyone can use as reference in posts concerning the ship! This should help any confusion.

imfdYL1.png

• 8 months later...

Hey, guys! I know it's been for-flipping-ever, so I have a couple announcements:

1. This RP is still going. I'm not active on here during school, so I apologize for the weird gaps.

2. We're kind of in a weird spot where we are, and we need to get this plot rolling, so I will be making a timeskip soon to the next planet, Macbeth.

Anyone who wants to join still can do so then!

If you have questions/concerns, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I've been interested in this one for a while.  I suppose now would be a potentially good time as any to join, ensuring that such power as the Katheeri held doesn't fall into the wrong hands is something right up Star Tiger's alley.  I might have to keep two members out for now though, they being Hawk and Kola.  Tiger, Zera, Jeena and Copper would be the best choices.  And if things come to it, they will make sure that such power does not fall into the wrong hands by any means necessary.  Even if it means destroying that power(They're at Star Fox's morality level more or less, but are less concerned about casualties as that's something that happens in war and such, but there are things they won't do, like torture and such things). I can also forgo them having the Sanctuary Tiger Mothership and their own personal ships depending on the needs of the rp.

http://www.starfox-online.net/forums/topic/13311-tigers-characters/

Fine by me, Tiger! Post at your leisure!

Done now as you can see.  I also noticed something, everyone who's posted so far is playing a good guy more or less.  Well, good guy in terms of wanting to keep Zefran safe that is.  Sylono's character being the only one who's neutral, but still wants what's best for the Katheeri(No, I'm not going to go villain here, I'm using my morally questionable characters in other rps right now).  So I'm wondering, Zaphyre, you got any major villains in mind?  Someone to keep things interesting, make it clear this is a race against time, etc etc?  If not, that's fine, it was just an observation and a look into my thought processes.  Curious to see the thoughts of everyone here as well.

tbh my dude was gonna pull the ol' switcheroo at the great power 

#goalsfor2016

56 minutes ago, Tiger Carson said:

Done now as you can see.  I also noticed something, everyone who's posted so far is playing a good guy more or less.  Well, good guy in terms of wanting to keep Zefran safe that is.  Sylono's character being the only one who's neutral, but still wants what's best for the Katheeri(No, I'm not going to go villain here, I'm using my morally questionable characters in other rps right now).  So I'm wondering, Zaphyre, you got any major villains in mind?  Someone to keep things interesting, make it clear this is a race against time, etc etc?  If not, that's fine, it was just an observation and a look into my thought processes.  Curious to see the thoughts of everyone here as well.

Yes, there are villains. They haven't made their appearance yet, but they will in this chapter (spoiler!)

20 minutes ago, Dr. Orange said:

tbh my dude was gonna pull the ol' switcheroo at the great power 

#goalsfor2016

I FUCKING KNEW IT! NEVER TRUST A GUY WHO ALWAYS SMILES!

Seriously though, that's cool.

• Like 1

Ah, I see.  I'll just put this here, if you need some additional villains for the purposes of slowing the heroes down at some point, Star Wyvern can be available.  Though that is going to be hard as heck for me, especially if they get into a dogfight with Star Tiger, four pairs of characters mixing it up at the same time...  Also, any plans on how "Boss Fights" will be handled or is that a wait and see thing?  Just curious, and also because listening once again to the Gigarilla theme. XD; (Also got a feeling a major boss fight is incoming, could just be the epic song I'm listening to though.)

http://www.starfox-online.net/musicbox/play/110-gigarilla/

There won't really be a whole lot of traditional "Boss Fights" in this RP. More like encounters? I'm not sure how else to describe it. There'll be plenty of opportunities for characters to strut their stuff though.

Also, much appreciated, but I've got my baddies handled!

Another thing to think about, everyone!

We're coming up at a critical juncture in this plot. There are going to be some interesting introductions/developments/etc.

AND we have a lot of firepower for an exploration group. Two massive ships and squads along with everyone else involved.

There will be a need for all of this manpower later, I assure you.

That does leave us with some things to play around with though. There are some options I want everyone to start thinking about and cast a vote on:

1. Split up

Regardless of what option is chosen, there's about to be chaos. A lot of chaos. It's going to be a madhouse. Our group is going to get split up in the midst of everything. Now, in this option, the group would simply stay split up for a longer chunk of the RP and work towards finding each other again. As opposed to meeting up shortly and pressing on. It wouldn't be until the end of the plot or anything like that, just for a small duration to break up things.

2. Cat & Mouse

This one is a little more specific to you, Tiger, and if you're interested to know more, just PM me, and we'll discuss details. Star Tiger has been officially hired by the CDF to look into the mystery and, more specifically track down our group. In this option, we'll be playing some cat and mouse with your team for a duration of the RP and eventually meet up. You won't be completely on your own in this option. Like I said, PM me for more deets.

3. Manhunt unit

Finally, this is kind of a mish-mash of the previous two. In the ensuing chaos, people will be separated and reunited, but Zefran is missing! Or rather, he's been taken/left the scene. We'll all join forces to retrieve him and bond along the way, etc.

That's what I've got! Discuss, questions/concerns, make some decisions! I'll be waiting to see what you all think.

Ooh! 3! I pick 3!

Hmmm...  All three would have their own pros and cons, as well as alter the story in various ways.  Currently, Star Tiger is already cat and mousing the group.  But like Arm, option three has plenty of appeal to me.  Though Option 1 has appeal as well, especially given that there are two ships, and I know one of the two groups would wind up stuck with Star Tiger, though whether Star Tiger remains united or gets separated in the chaos would be tough to ascertain...  Such good possibilities with any of them.  Either way, Star Tiger will likely get more information...

Two is entirely dependent on Tiger and three seems like the easy way to me (nothing wrong with taking the easy route, mind). As much as I like one, I think it would cause issues if someone wasn't as active in the RP.

I can make it a little less dependent on me, by letting you guys decide first what you want to do.  We'll let everyone make that decision.  I'm going with option 2 personally, but I'll happily work with whichever choice you guys make.  What's your choice, guys?