Katheeri (Discussion)

Zaphyr Stone

I'm with option two as well! It's such a juicy idea being hunted down by mercenaries backed by space government money.

That is an interesting angle, wouldn't be the first time good guys have been chasing good guys.  That tends to create some rather interesting stories.

Also, Zaph, I sent you a PM earlier.  But I seemed to be having some connection issues at the time.  Soo, not sure if you got it.

------------

Man, I can't figure out how to proceed right now...  Should I have Jeena and Copper find the Szabla, or should I try and figure out something for Tiger and Zera?  Any suggestions guys?  I'm not usually this lost on rps, but this is one of those few times I find myself lost.

Edited by Tiger Carson

I suggest having Tiger and Zera in some mundane situation not pertinent to the plot as a whole, but nevertheless interesting, and character-building.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool beans, Sy!

Okay, peeps, with how extensive this RP has become, I'm going to start doing a TL;DR summary for each chapter as it concludes. This will make catching up on any missed posts easier on people who have been absent or are wanting to join in. I'll start with Chapter 1 and go from there!

CHAPTER 1

A seemingly normal day on Corneria erupts into some unusual chaos. Antoine Chevalier, a coyote and a smuggler, is escaping from a job gone south when he's cornered by the gang he was contracted to smuggle weapons from. Just as they open fire, a winged creature leaps down and curls wings around him, creating a force field that ricochets the fired rounds back at the gang. The survivors pack up and run.

The creature is Zefran, a young man who travels with Antoine. Normally disguised as a wolf using a sophisticated portable holographic emitter, the effort in saving Antoine broke the limits of the device and overloaded it, leaving his true and rather otherworldly appearance visible to the public.

The exchange catches the attention of several characters. First is a mercenary group headed by Bohdan Chmielnicki, a Ruthenian dragon, and followed up by Elizabeth, a husky, Sandor, a tykerial, and Korben, a beaver. Next is Shepherd, a teenage Cerinian merc, Renard, a strange magic-wielding fox, and Tom, a drifting Rottweiler who introduces himself as "Johnny".

The group discover Zefran is indeed a Katheeri, an ancient race and their homeworld Aiolius believed until now to be purely fictitious. With recent reports of sightings of Aiolius, Zefran's desire to discover his lost heritage is paired with the others' desire to find Ailoius and the power it's been fabled to house.

After some brief struggle with coming together, the newly formed group finally reconvene's on Bohdan's mothership, the Szabla, and they set a course for Macbeth, the place where Zefran's first memories reside.

CHAPTER 2

A fairly short chapter, the group is recuperating on the Szabla. Shepherd works on fixing Zefran's overloaded emitter so he can safely walk about Macbeth. Renard and Sandor bond in a sparring match. Bohdan and Elizabeth argue. Zefran contemplates life, and Antoine and Johnny chat while Antoine fixes his damaged motorcycle.

I'm bringing in this lady, need more interaction.  She'll be in and out of this rp at various times.

Spoiler

On 5/4/2016 at 4:41 PM, Tiger Carson said:

Be it laziness or something else, I've done what I could to make this character respectful to the Native American tribe she's based on and influenced by, and can't think of anything else to make her more respectful.  The truth is, the Navajo, like many Native American tribes were simply ordinary people no different to the people who displaced them outside of beliefs and customs.  They would change the landscape to suit their needs, raise livestock once they were introduced to it, and in general have integrated into modern society while holding onto their culture.  That's why I did Mai's tribe the way I did them, and envisioned a point in which the various tribes, who if I get bold enough to write about as well will be done with as much respect, would at some point find a way to peacefully coexist, be it after violence or just learning to put their differences aside.  I never intended for Mai to get this way originally when I created her a month ago, but after watching some videos on how popular culture has portrayed Native Americans, I've become determined to do right by the real people.  Especially since if you're going to have a character with that particular name from a culture(Mai being modified from Ma'ii, which is Navajo for Coyote), you should do your best to research that culture and be respectful of it.  Otherwise, as often happens with fan characters who have a name not of the creator's culture(Completely made up names don't count), the characters tend to be rather offensive to said cultures.  So here's my attempt, I hope I have done right the best I can.

Name: Mai Coyote

Occupation: Merc and Bounty Hunter, also a medicine woman on the side.

Race: Anthro/Cornerian Coyote

Origin: Sierra City, Sierria

Home: A Frieghter ship she converted to suit her particular professions.

Sex: Female

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 160 lbs

Build: Fit and toned with an average bustline

Eyes: Brown Irises, Black Pupils, White Sclera

Fur Patterns: She has the colors and patterns you would expect of a coyote, but she has a blaze on her head that is especially long.  She usually keeps it to one side and braided a bit.  It’s color is a copper hue.

Attire: She wears contemporary clothes, tank top shirts, jeans, boots, and gloves, but also wears some items to continue her heritage from Sierria.  These include silver colored jewelry with turquoise gems, such as a squash blossom style necklace, and a pair of bracelets embroidered with turquoise, and an ear ring on her right ear.

Side Arms: Mai carries with her a technologically enhanced bow and quiver of arrows, as well as a tomahawk.

Miscellaneous Physical Attributes: Mai has no particularly unusual attributes to herself.

Family: Her parents are alive and well, living on Corneria in a refugee city.

Alignment: Good, usually keeps to doing what’s right, and goes after those with a bounty on their heads if the reason is just.

Personality: Mai is a very compassionate woman, and can be quite sweet in doing her holistic treatments.  But don’t mistake it for weakness, Mai is a bold and mentally strong woman.  She is also a woman of the beliefs from her home world, though not a strong adherent to them as she is reasonable enough to not stick to some of the more time consuming practices.  She could be considered crazy since she’s a mercenary and a bounty hunter, but she is surprisingly logical, not at all convinced that logic and faith have nothing to do with one another.  She can also be flirty with men she finds attractive, and unlike her tribe mates, is not picky about their species.

Background: Mai was born on Sierria in Sierra City to parents who were part of the council of elders of the tribe.  She was raised with a respect to those around her, but to be strong and never back down from someone who wanted to do her harm.  Her particular tribe, the Ehn, originally started out as nomadic, but eventually settled the city of Sierra City, choosing not to live beyond the boundaries of four mountains.  Fortunately, this was a great expanse of area that allowed her people to grow to very healthy populations, cultivating the land for their use as they saw fit, and raising herd animals to participate in trade with other tribes on the planet.  Life was not always peaceful though, and the tribes would wage war on one another.  But they eventually unified, and progressed technologically, and even began to spread out to the stars.  When the Sierrians encountered Corneria, they were stunned with the similarities between the two races.  It turned out that the Sierrians had been a collection of tribes from Corneria’s past that decided to keep their culture and heritage intact by settling on another world.  Due to their decisions to abandon the old technology that brought them there so many millenniums ago, and live more simple lives of tribe life, they forgot about their original home, coming to believe that Sierria was their origin.  It was hard for some to accept, and conflicts occurred because of this.  The Ehn Tribe was one of the tribes that first accepted that they and the Cornerians were related, and soon the others, either by their own will or force accepted this fact themselves.

For the Ehn, their beliefs and ceremonies involve a lot of prayer and singing.  Heck, every aspect of life is often accompanied by prayer and singing.  From planting of crops, to the building of their homes, and even Mai’s holistic occupation, are all accompanied by singing and prayer.  Mai herself was the next in line for the medicine woman profession, and in Ehn culture, it is often the women who hold the sway in property inheritance, as it is the mother’s tribe that children born to will belong to.  The men did hold political influence until later when women were able to participate in politics themselves.  Now a days, there is more equality between the genders, but by tradition, it is the man who moves away from the family to live with his wife and her family.  Though the world would be rendered asunder when the Venomians came…

In moves comparable to what the Europeans of earth did to the Native American people, the Venomains committed similar brutal acts against the Sierrians.  But unlike the comparison, the Venomians were not content to just bring the Sierrians under their control, they slaughtered the natives, systematically wiped them out.  Only some of the tribes escaped, and were forced into nomadic life styles again, this time in space faring.  Mai though, wasn’t so lucky to keep her tribe, and was forced to take her family to Corneria.  Due to the actions of the Venomians, Mai wound up with no love for them, especially after how ruined Sierria was.  She decided to put her teachings and skills to use by joining the CDF, and learned more skills as a result.  Like how to handle a blaster properly, fly an air craft, and general medicine.  It was during this time she learned that logic and faith can coexist without conflict, and found that logic actually enhanced her beliefs, as well as making her more effective in what she does.  However, she found the military to be too restrictive, and resigned her commission, going into the mercenary and bounty hunting field to make a living, as well as being a holistic woman of medicine.  Her time in the military did give her more discipline, and helped her to recognize that always adhering to everything her people believed in maybe wasn’t the best idea if it was a hindrance to doing the right thing.  Never the less, she combined the sensibilities of Cornerian medicine, with the natural remedies her people had used for millennia.  Becoming a surprisingly effective practitioner of holistic techniques.  Mai also used her skills to fight Andross’ forces on her own in guerilla style tactics, though deemed a nuisance by the Cornerian Army, they had to admit, she was useful.  When the war was over, Mai dedicated herself further to improving her natural remedies and medicinal training.  She now travels around the Lylat system learning what she can, and helping those in need of alternative medicine.  She does do mercenary work and bounty hunting now and again though to supplement her income.  She hasn’t forgotten her heritage though, and practices the traditions that don’t hinder her work, and wears jewelry made from her tribe.  In addition, Mai seems to like getting close to the Star Fox and Star Tiger teams.  This is partly to be closer to Fox of Star Fox, as well as Hawk and Tiger of Star Tiger.

Abilities: Mai is very knowledgeable in medicine and traditional holistic healing techniques, being a very studious practitioner.  Her methods can be weird, but she has done enough studying and testing to show there is a scientific backing to her holistic methods.  From her time in the CDF, Mai has good proficiency in handling weapons, but prefers the more traditional weapons of her tribe.  After all, when it comes to the side bounty hunting, a target is more valuable when alive.  So she has made her technologically enhanced bow and arrows to specifically disable a target and or render them unconscious.  Her Tomahawk is meant for more deadly encounters, and thus is not built to be purely disabling in nature.  Mai is also a proficient pilot, and has to be as that is her main method of traversing the Lylat System.  She has moderate mechanical skills, enough to keep her ship and equipment well maintained.  But if she has to, she’ll take it to a professional to get it fixed.  Mai also is physically strong, able to draw her 60 lbs draw strength bow, and fire arrows with high accuracy over great distances.

Weaknesses: Mai is not particularly fast on the ground, only being average.  This is due to the fact she’s stronger than she is speedy, having to rely on her cunning to deal with unfavorable situations.  Mai is also limited in her allies, not for any fault of her own, but simply because that’s the nature of what she does.  So if she goes in without back-up, she won’t be likely to see the cavalry.

Personal Vehicles: Mai pilots a modified Cornerian fighter, fitted to her preferred colors and tastes, giving it the colors of copper and turquoise.  She also modified it to have room for her medical equipment and supplies, sacrificing a lot of bomb space in the process.  It can only hold one bomb now, and has to use it before it’s internal factories can make another.  She also improved the defenses, adding a second G-Diffuser unit to the craft so it could better handle the demands of piloting and generate a stronger deflector shield when rolling.  It only has the standard issue single laser, and cannot switch to stronger settings.  But it does have the ability to fire off three charge shots at once.  The vehicle is an older one, made before the transformation technology was mass implemented, so the ship can’t transform, leaving Mai at a disadvantage when it comes to piloting in small confined areas.  Maybe if she had a modified Invader Class fighter she could get into places she wouldn’t otherwise?

Mai also has a standard freighter ship from which she can launch her fighter.  Due to not having weapons attached to it, Mai has to set the ship’s autopilot to keep it a good distance away.  But, it is capable of serving as an office for medical examinations and procedures.  She equipped it with everything she’d need for her profession, as well as home comforts as she lives there most of the time due to travelling so much.  The ship is otherwise unremarkable.

• 6 months later...

Hello again, er'body!

I'm looking to start this up again now that I'm on break, but before I do that, I just want to test the water and see who is still planning to be in this RP.

Don't be shy if you can't/no longer want to be! This is just so I know if I need to change any plot devices, as some of you have a piece of the general plot. So be brutally honest, and there's no shame in deciding to back out. No one's feelings will be hurt. I just need to know.

As I said on Skype, you can count me in.  I intend to see this whole thing all the way through, no matter what happens.

*loathes himself for not signing up when it was still accepting entrants...*

Actually, I'll let you in on something.  There's still room, and going to be more room VERY soon.  If you want to join in, now's a good time. (Hope Zaph is ok with me saying this.)

23 hours ago, Tiger Carson said:

Actually, I'll let you in on something.  There's still room, and going to be more room VERY soon.  If you want to join in, now's a good time. (Hope Zaph is ok with me saying this.)

You sure? If that's true, I'd love to jump in... But, yeah, clear it with Zaph just so we know for sure.

...But, if it is true, when and where should I insert my characters?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys! I got big news! I'm back, and so Is this RP!

However, it's pretty common knowledge that things have gotten complicated around here, and the plot is in need of some revisions to accommodate this.

So I've made the decision to restart this RP with a largely similar but fresher plot. We will still use this forum to discuss, and the RP will be in the same thread. It's just a hard reset.

If anyone wishes to leave or join in, just let me know here! And let me know if you are using different characters/post their bios here. If you're using the same characters, just say so. You don't need to repost a bio.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask! 

• Like 2

Will still be using the characters I had before.  I have no reason to change it up yet, so expect to see Star Tiger as they were previously.  Perhaps we can make the argument between Tiger and Laika more hilarious when it comes? XD

• Like 1

I finally got the time to actually RP so I'mma make a new character.

• Like 1

Cool, I'm sticking with Shepherd, but with maybe a bit more foresight with what I wanna do with her.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have roughly the same roster. Yeah, I'm in for this.

• Like 1

It's opened on request.

Merry birthday.

• Like 1

Happy Birthmas! I've just sent off the opening post, so Katheeri is officially up and running! Have fuuuuuuuun!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE

This plot is now taking place between Adventures and Assault. Please bear this in mind if it affects any of your characters.

• 1 month later...