Paradise Rediscovered

Arminius H O Fiddywinks

"Ah," began Bohdan, "as of late I have been spending time with Jolene. We are just having, or trying to have rather, a relaxing time on Zoness."

"Hmm," pondered Elizabeth, leaning back on the bench. "The Jacuzzi sounds relaxing. I don't feel like dealing with bombs or flamethrower tanks right now." She chuckled. "And, it's time I actually let loose. I've been a bit uppity and abrasive lately. A dip in hot, bubbling water with someone I know and don't feel like ripping apart could really do wonders for me."

Edited by Arminius H O Fiddywinks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arminius H O Fiddywinks

• Zaphyr Stone

• Shmibli7

• Kurt

"Nice to meet you Jolene." he said shaking her outstretched hand. "Sorry about what happened back there." Sven said pointing over his shoulder with his thumb. "We just arrived from a combat tour, what a great way to start a vacation." Turning his head he activated his comlink. "We'll get out of your way, see ya around?" he said as he turned and motioned for everyone to stand down.

"Yes we shall, Sven," assured Bohdan, "yes we shall." He smiled his iconic smile, that same one that could melt ice with its warmth.

Jolene pulled at his wing again to urge him along. "Come on. We can start your swimming lesson in the pool where the water is controlled."

----

"I think it's settled then." He chuckled, "What hotel are you staying in?"

"Ah yes," said Bohdan, "of course. At least I will not have to deal with unpredictable currents or fire-breathing tanks."

"This one," answered Elizabeth, pointing to the hotel right behind the two of them. "Tesoro Azul. It's the most decent hotel because it's the least damaged!" She snickered, a cute little quirk of hers.

Sandor found himself in a small restaurant which was open to the outside in the front, and the patio was paved with bright orange and red stones. This seafood restaurant was one of Teresa's favorites. Sandor enjoyed seafood as well, although the bones had a tendency to get lodged in his throat. Teresa loved grilled Troika fish with lemon, butter, rosemary, and a sprinkle of huasca spices. Sandor was unfamiliar with the food of Zoness, so Teresa more or less held his hand through the lunch. As their food approached them, Sandor was caught off guard by the massive portions.

"I've never seen so much food on one plate!" he remarked.

"The people on this world have higher metabolisms than most others," explained Teresa, forking down a spoonful of fish. After a brief chewing period and her swallowing the food, she continued to speak. "We eat, it goes through quickly, we eat more. It's simple."

"Uh-huh..." uttered Sandor, trying to make sense of how Zonessians could fit so much food onto a single plate. His plate of Kani beckoned him to consume it, but he had no idea where to start. "What should I eat first?"

"Go for the center, then work your way out," advised Teresa, gesturing with her utensils. Sandor nodded, and began eating.

"My sentiments exactly." She laughed, walking with him back to the hotel.

----

"Ah, that makes sense." Ezra chuckled, "Well, we won't have far to walk. That's where I'm staying too. I'll be at your room in fifteen?"

The plainclothes officers who were eyeing Bohdan turned their attention to the Venomian intruders walking away. They hopped in their unmarked sedan and sped off to headquarters to report what they had witnessed.

Bohdan, with his girlfriend beside him, walked back to the hotel after he put back on some of his clothes. "This is a world polluted not by toxins," began Bohdan, "but by violence. By hatred. By mistrust. The toxins are easily cleaned up. The resentment, however, is a stain that requires much more thorough cleaning. Violence does not beget violence. Only though understanding and equality can peace be gained." Bohdan had a habit of speaking out his musings aloud, even if they were a tad inappropriate at the time. He looked to his left, and noticed several LBM and MA children playing with a soccer ball in the sand. They were smiling, laughing, shouting to one another in both Nutria and Sellachi. Their parents, however, watched carefully with anxiety.

"Do you see those children, Jolene?" asked Bohdan, gesturing to the playing children with his snout. "They are this world's hope for peace and prosperity."

"Sure, Ezra," said Elizabeth, standing up from the bench. "I'll see you later." She nodded and left Ezra. Elizabeth quickly walked back into the hotel, where she saw the LBM hotel manager and an LBM employee examine the Secundus plant she murdered. She quickly dashed by them, who were caught completely unawares. She hopped into the elevator, pressed 10, then frantically jabbed at the close button. The elevator slowly obeyed, closing as the manager glanced in Elizabeth's direction. She breathed a sigh of relief as the elevator whisked her up to the tenth floor.

• OneUnder locked this topic