Wizard101!

Fookes

I have recently gotten into a MMORPG called Wizard101! In the game you are a wizard attending a magical school (Similar to Hogwarts from Harry Potter), and you can learn spells to fight off enemy creatures and complete quests. The first main villain of the game is Malistare (Who is most likely based off of Voldemort). After you beat him, there will be another villain, her name is

Morganthe

I suck at game descriptions, so go Google up Wizard101 and click the first result if you want to learn more about the game. :P

P.S: It says the game is for kids, but there are adults who enjoy it as well.

I remember seeing ads for that crap back in 2007. Honestly surprised it's still around.

I remember seeing ads for that crap back in 2007. Honestly surprised it's still around.

Sad to say, I once played the game during the 4th grade (which was 2007) and the experience was okay but after three days I just find it cringe worthy and still cringe worthy: The System is boring and bland, in battle the player has a set of cards to pick and select which enemy to attack. Here the problem, because of other players encountering the same battle with you, you'll have to wait for an amount of time to actually attack, when you do, you just dealt about ~5-10 damage and the only way you can get more offense are these "orb" like thingies and even after you win (or lose which is impossible to die unless you left the game on for 6 hours and waste your turn dying in battle) you just go to either nearby stores and so to get more deck cards (which can be earned by doing sidequests or actually buying them). Exploring is just bland and the worst thing is that the game micromanages stuff to keep people turned off. For instance, in order to go the next town that outside the area you started in you need to pay the subscription or use these "special currency" which are rare to do and can be only earn through minigames (which are just copies of other games on their own) and going to new areas to explore is absurd (usually around 10,000 of these special coins). This made me turned away from the game and made me find other online games to play (which I eventually found one known as Roblox in 2009). To put it short, can't recommend and probably best not to play (not worth the time to play). And also don't join Roblox as well due to: community.

I remember playing this. I did this this was a ok game and spent a good amount of hours at it. That was up till the point I realized I had to pay. 

That's the problem with some of these games like this. Pay to play. 

I remember playing this. I did this this was a ok game and spent a good amount of hours at it. That was up till the point I realized I had to pay. 

That's the problem with some of these games like this. Pay to play. 

And they always slap the term "Free to play" which is why Iwata went against the term and prefer to use this term; "Free to Start"