Terteroba Rising

Arminius H O Fiddywinks

"Kimber Sinclair."  He said. "I'm sorry about your friend."

"She's not dead," Sandor replied with certainty. "At least, I don't think she is. In fact, I think she and that other fellow are on their way back here after escaping enemy capture. Optimism is a powerful tool in this business, especially when your friends' lives are on the line." Sandor took another sip of his Geza before coughing slightly.

"Ooh, that's good," Sandor said, referring to the Geza. "You want some?" Sandor held the glass up. "It's called 'Geza'. It's a powerful Magyar cocktail. Not many non-tykeriels can have more than one glass before getting wasted."

"Sure." He said. "Give it to me."

"Alright, alright, alright!" said Sandor enthusiastically. "Bartender: two Gezas." The bartender nodded in obedience, and in no time, two glasses of Geza appeared in front of Sandor. He slid one to Kimber. "And now, we enjoy."

Once he gets it, he raises it and gulps it down in no time at all. 

"I'm not sure if I should wait, but nothing happened." Kimber says. "But it tasted weird."

"Really?" Sandor was legitimately surprised that Kimber could handle the drink so easily. However, he feared Geza's other interesting side effects. "Well, since Geza is a known aphrodisiac, as well as being classified as a hallucinogen, I guess we can go to one of two conclusions." Sandor adjusted his seat so that he faced Kimber entirely.

"One: you'll be very erm... active. Two: you'll be higher than a kite." Sandor grinned.

"All right." Sven said as the car rolled to a stop. "But you aren't going anywhere till I patch that up." He said pointing to the cut on her forehead that was still bleeding. Stiffly getting out of the car he went around to the back and located the first aid kit.

Elizabeth sighed as she stepped outside of the car, still aching. She managed to lean against the front bumper of the car, tapping her waiting hands against the metallic hood of the vehicle. The Steppe sun's strength was now in the decline, and it was approaching the horizon.

"You know," Elizabeth started, "we don't have that long to walk before it starts getting dark. I hope you like camping with no cover."

"Well, if that's it, I'll be fine." He said. "I'm a eunuch. My general made sure of that."

"Oh good," said Sandor, strangely disappointed. "Then, you'll only suffer really weird hallucinations." Sandor smiled, then proceeded to finish his Geza.

Carefully cleaning the wound with a alchoal pad Sven replied "I love camping."  Setting down the used prep pad he grabbed a piece of a sterile gauze pad and placed it over the wound. He carefully wraped it in more gauze to hold it down before he taped it down. "There. All done." He said as he stepped back. He returned to the back of the car and grabbed one of the bags. "When we find a good spot I'll finish patching you up. " he grabbed the other bag and threw it over his other shoulder. "You lead the way."

"Thanks Sven," replied Elizabeth, standing back up. She cracked her neck, letting out a sigh of relief. "Come on, lemme have one of those," she said, getting one of the bags Sven was carrying and slinging it over her shoulder. She winced slightly, but could handle the pain. "The village is that way." Elizabeth gestured with her right hand to the west. "Come on, we'll follow the setting sun." She began walking in that direction.

"Well, I might not. I took a potion on Fortuna and the stuff I saw was unreal.It didn't help that I shot a base that day."

Kimber looks straight ahead and concentrates, nothing was happening but he didn't want to take chances. He started to exercise a technique of closing one's body to resist foreign substances. The military was taught that to resist truth serum and hallucinogenic drugs.

Sven kept pace with Elizabeth. Silently thinking to himself "Dang she is tough."  Breaking the silence he asked "So where else did you get hit?" he looked forward as he walked. Occasionally wincing as the bag hit his cracked rib.

"Ah... they mostly concentrated on my face," said Elizabeth, walking. "Although, they did rough me up long before you came back from la-la land. Body shots mostly, the stomach and ribs. And um..." she paused in her walking before continuing. "They flogged me in the village square before dragging me down into that dungeon. My back's messed up badly. You're gonna fix it the best you can when we settle down, and Korben's gonna look at it when we arrive in the village."

The long hike seemed to go on forever as the sun slowly sank towards the horizon. The sharp winds of the Steppes battered the two weary travelers, and Elizabeth frequently had trouble keeping her footing in the almost flat, yet formidable, landscape. Eventually, the sun touched the horizon. Thankfully, they happened upon a small stream which pierced the nearly featureless plains. "Let's set up camp here, Sven," Elizabeth said, gesturing to an area only a short distance from the stream.

"Well, you're a eunuch, and you've been taught to resist drugs and hallucinogens," commented Sandor to his friend sitting beside him. "You need to loosen up, man! We're in a tavern, and you're drinking with me! Come on, let's have wild, rowdy fun! We're young!!!"

"All right." Sven replied as he set about getting materials to make a fire. After a few minutes he had a small, but never the less, warm fire. The flames danced and it happily crackled.

Finally opening the bag he was carrying he examined the contents. He began to say them aloud as he pulled them out one by one. "Food, water, a pot, another first aid kit, and a tarp." He paused for a moment and his face lit up with joy as he pulled up a small bag. "Bulls eyes!" He opened one and popped the sweet caramel and creme candy in his mouth. He held out the bag to Elizabeth "Want one?"

Elizabeth nodded as Sven listed the tools and materials they had, but was taken aback when Sven unveiled a whole bag full of caramel and creme candy.

"Alright, I'll have one..." said Elizabeth, poorly masking her excitement for the candies. Her tail wagged subconsciously as he placed the candy in her mouth and chewed it, the sugar melting onto her tongue. "This is some awesome s--t." Elizabeth nodded in approval. It was around this time that Elizabeth decided to make small talk with Sven. "So, you like camping. Did you do it when you were younger?"

"Yea. Every chance I had I would go. I still love it." He smiled as he closed his eyes and remembered his favorite spot. "I'd all ways set up in this little grove of trees. Really nice during the summer." Sven leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees. "So what about you?" he asked as he rested his head on his hands. "Do you like camping or are youone of those indoor city girls?"

"Alright, big guy what do yoy suggest?" Kimber asks. "Drink more? Because, if that's the worst you've got, then we'll be here for quite a while."

Elizabeth stared at the dancing fire as she regaled Sven her camping experiences. "I've been camping for a while. After all, living harmoniously with nature is a part of Gallic culture. My parents taught me how to hunt, how to fish, how to make a shelter and fire. But they only taught me forest survival. Not this. Not living out in a wide open space with no tree in sight." Elizabeth looked around the area, and saw nothing but pitch black, save for indistinct shapes only faintly lit by the full moon.

"I think my folks would be terrified if I tried to survive out here," she said with a slight chuckle.

"Well, we can drink more..." said Sandor. "Or... perhaps... we could just romp around and do something else...?"

"I'd be more than happy to teach you what I know." Sven said as he brushed his hands clean of dirt. "Now to finish patching you up." Grabbing the first aid kit he turned around. " What hurts the most?" He asked as he put on a pair of sterile gloves.

"Ah, my back..." replied Elizabeth, turning her back to Sven. Her back was cloaked in both dry and fresh blood and open cuts from a vicious whip that was used on her. "It hurts like Hell..." Every time she touched, or even moved her back, there was pain. Her tank top was most certainly ruined by her wounds.

"Please tell me you can fix this."

Gently lifting the back of her shirt up he examined the injury. "Yea I can fix this." He said as he began to gently clean the injuries. "Tell me if it hurts to much and I'll stop. Ok?" Sven said to her as he continued. In am effort to keep her mind off any pain she may feel he asked her a question. "So where are you from?" 

"I'm from Alesia, capital city of Gaul on Corneria," answered Elizabeth, feeling the prodding of Sven, but paying no mind to it. "It's not as glamorous as the planetary capital, but it's pretty big. It's also one of the greenest cities on the planet. Like I said, we Gauls try to keep a harmonious balance between ourselves and nature." Elizabeth's wounded back was adorned with multitudes of Celtic-themed tattoos, as well as her front side. She was annoyed that the wounds almost eliminated much of the tattoos on her back.

"Agh, did my tats survive, Sven?" she inquired. "In Gaul, you're ritually tattooed when you reach a milestone: when you reach the age of manhood or womanhood, which is 16. When you get married. When you make your first kill..." She paused momentarily as Sven continued to examine her. "These tats highlight different parts of my life, different parts of me. My parents would, of course, have someone redo my tats, but it just wouldn't be the same." Elizabeth sighed. "Well, at least we got out of there alive."

"Yea your tattoos are still here, though a few are a little damaged." he began as he placed and taped down the sterile pads over the wounds. "So your a Gaul?" Sven asked as he padded another wound.

"I am a Semnone" letting his actual accent (Germanic) come out as he continued. "I'm from the southern hemisphere of Fortuna. A mining colony in the mountains." returning his voice to the one Elizabeth was used to hearing he continued. "But I use this accent because my real one tends to confuse people." pausing for a moment after he bandaged the last wound on her back he continued "I'm going to have to wrap this one," he started as he gently touched the area above the wound on the lower middle of her back. "So there is going to be a bandage across your stomach. Are there any cuts across where it is going to be?"