Game Files Constantly Fail To Validate On Steam

hoo

Question

Whenever I try to play Skullgirls or Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Steam, they won't open. It says that I'm in game for about 10 seconds, then I just go back to online. If I validate the game files for Skullgirls, one file fails to validate, and when I do the same to Star Wars, 12-ish files fail to validate as well. I have to validate the files whenever I want to play a game, and I'm getting pretty tired of it as it takes about five minutes to do so. Is there any way to fix this?

Oh yeah, and I have uninstalled Skullgirls and re-installed and that didn't fix anything. I'd imagine that wouldn't help Star Wars, either.

Edited by HOOBANANA
Typos

4 answers to this question

Actually, I found out what was going wrong. Turns out that half my PC with infected with malware and such because I was an idiot and decided not to get an Antivirus do to RAM issues. The files that failed to validate were infected.

Thanks Avast, now I can play video games.

Have you tried going into launch options and running in safe mode? Code is " -safe "

My usual troubleshooting solution is 

1.) Running in safe mode.

2). Verify the Game Cache

3.) Delete Local Game Content/Manual Local File Delete and Reinstall 

I once had this problem. One fix I know of is right clicking on the Steam.exe, then click on 'Run As Administrator', then trying to validate and play the games that aren't working.

I'm not saying we were off but,

we were off.

• Like 1