Legend of the Clashing Sisters

fanfictiondreamer

Ok, so here's the deal. For my story, I have a lot of characters from other shows and games, but every once in a while, I create characters of my own. Fanmade characters I'm sure they're called. These 2 characters I created for one of these stories are sisters who are also mystic beings. Their back-story consists of them being part of an ancient civilization many eons before the story they ultimately take part in. They started out as loving sisters who are also mystic prodigies of their time and society until one of them became unhinged and power-hungry during her training, turning against her people as well as her own sister. After she loses her mind and committed a heinous act, both she and her sister fought with one another. Their feud has occurred for many, many years and they are both equally matched, so their battles always ended with stalemates. However, an unforeseen change of fate lands them both in another setting that they have been staying in from then on.

There will be more about this in due time.

Both sisters started off as beings of pure Light magic. They were apprentices of a bunch of old men known as the 7 Wise Men. They were trained by them to utilize their Light abilities to good use until one of them became power hungry. Her mentors attempted to manage her by suppressing most of her powers, but it didn't work. She turned her back on her entire civilization by infusing herself with Dark magic and used it to wipe out everything and everyone that was part of her life except for her sister. From this, the 2 sisters clashed for nearly an eternity, never succeeding in out besting each other even once.

• 2 weeks later...

The names of these 2 sisters were kind of inspired from a Wizard of Oz prequel, Wicked. I was watching an episode of Cupcake Wars in which cupcake bakers were competing to make cupcakes for a party of a grand opening of the musical in Los Angeles. I have watched this episode over and over and the names of these 2 characters, Glinda and Elphaba, stuck with me and from them, I began to form the names of the 2 sisters. The good sister's name was based on Glinda the good witch, obviously, to which I was able to form the name Glentina. The bad sister's name seems more generic and seems like I didn't form it from Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west. However, by rearranging the syllables of the vowels of her name, as pathetic as that sounds, I randomly formed the name Malbella. It's all true, I swear. If you could speak Spanish, Latin and/or Italian, you should be able to figure out what that name means, at least a lot quicker than people who only speak English.

Yeah, everyone said to avoid making my characters Mary Sues, but in a way, villains should be a fair exception. I mean, everything about Malbella screams "Mary Sue" no matter what I do. She likes being drop dead gorgeous, she wants to be all powerful and she wants to be perfect in any way. Also, villains are not suppose to be likable. They're suppose to be what makes every protagonist should fight and defeat. Also, I tried to not make Glentina a Mary Sue the best to my know-how. She's not drop dead gorgeous, I only imagine her to be mildly cute. She's not someone who wants to be all powerful, just strong enough to fight for and protect everyone she cares about. Also, she has suffered a terrible tragedy, so she is someone that anyone would feel sad for. Her nearly never-ending battle against her own sister, Malbella, adds to her suffering (I don't think I can change that if it is too much).

Another thing, the characters I have in mind to merge their story with, there is absolutely no love interests what-so-ever. I am sick of fanmade, fan-based or fan opinionated shippings of any kind!! Glentina's interest with these characters will never go any higher than friendship as well as love for her friends. Nothing romantic. We go way too far with romantic relationships of all kinds and I am fed up. I won't have anything to do with, anymore without having any symbolic meaning to them. 

Edited by fanfictiondreamer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...