How do I remove a GameStop sticker from box art?

That Ain't Falco

Question

So I ordered my copy of SFAs off of Amazon. Seller failed to mention the glaring, yellow, disgrace stuck on its cover art. Not the plastic bit, the paper. Aside from this, the thing is in near mint condition, so I'm not up for risking goo-gone on it. What do

6 answers to this question

Thankfully my local GameStop stopped putting those stickers on the actual artwork, and instead opted to place them on the cases.  That artwork placement was the one big reasons that I avoided purchasing used games from GameStop, and I still haven't found a good way to get them off without damaging the artwork underneath for the few that I did end up buying.

Could try applying rubbing alcohol to it, kills the adhesive without killing the artwork, then gently lifting the sticker off. Just soak that bad-boy in it basically, meaning the sticker, apply that with a cotton swab.

Rubbing Alcohol is the way to go. What I've done is slowly get a piece of the sticker up and then cotton swab to remove the rest. Takes some time so don't go too fast or that mint condition goes bye-byes.

Use a hair dryer to heat it up. It will soften the adhesive and you can easily remove it.

Please check the date of the last post. This thread is old. I am locking it.