do you remember you very first videogame?

Navis

3 hours ago, SF Alba said:

What's the difference between M rating and R rating? Which is a higher age rating?

M rating is the ESRB'S 17+ rating for video games, and R I believe is 17+ as well, but it's associated with movies instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SF Alba said:

What's the difference between M rating and R rating? Which is a higher age rating?

http://filmratings.com/how.html

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.aspx

For your knowledge pleasure.

• Like 2

I think my first games were the third Spyro game for the PS1, the first Driver game and Ace Combat 3 (US export version) when I was 7 or 8, can't remember.

I don't think I ever completed the first two (couldn't read english very properly and didn't progress far into the story-- not my native language) but my addiction to Ace Combat went beyond hopeless. Due to the lack of the original JP version's complex plot in the US port, the story didn't have much more story than your everyday shoot'em-up game, genre which was pretty fun to play at the time. (There was one that I really liked to play with my sibling-- something that started with a cutscene in Moscow and a helicopter? And a playable "starfighter" with a dolphin pilot or something?... Japanese shoot'em-ups are weird sometimes).

...now I want to finish those two games

1 hour ago, Orbi The Joyful Furry said:

I think my first games were the third Spyro game for the PS1, the first Driver game and Ace Combat 3 (US export version) when I was 7 or 8, can't remember.

I don't think I ever completed the first two (couldn't read english very properly and didn't progress far into the story-- not my native language) but my addiction to Ace Combat went beyond hopeless. Due to the lack of the original JP version's complex plot in the US port, the story didn't have much more story than your everyday shoot'em-up game, genre which was pretty fun to play at the time. (There was one that I really liked to play with my sibling-- something that started with a cutscene in Moscow and a helicopter? And a playable "starfighter" with a dolphin pilot or something?... Japanese shoot'em-ups are weird sometimes).

...now I want to finish those two games

Were you ever able to progress past the garage level in the first Driver game?  It took me almost a decade to get past that damn thing - NerdCubed's video below sums it up nicely.  I managed to beat Driver 2 though, but it did have a handful of levels that were nearly impossible as well. 

DRIV3R was my first M game, and is still one of my absolute favorites.

I love this game.

On 4/1/2016 at 0:17 AM, SF Alba said:

i don't remember any R rating..  do you mean RP ? (rating pending)

On 4/1/2016 at 0:28 AM, Kyubey said:

I am 13, and my parents won't let me play anything above the E10+

that's bad. some countrys have his own rating system. UK system is more censor than the european PEGI 

as for the united states i don't know xD

14 hours ago, navisXD said:

i don't remember any R rating..  do you mean RP ? (rating pending)

that's bad. some countrys have his own rating system. UK system is more censor than the european PEGI 

as for the united states i don't know xD

The UK uses PEGI though

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour on the N64. I was 4 when I first watched my dad play it, and not much older when I played it myself. Despite all the blood, profanity and titties corrupting my fragile child brain, I turned out to be a decently well-functioning member of society.

On 12/28/2015 at 5:36 PM, Dr. Orange said:

It was some weird Dinosaur game on the old Apple Mac. I cannot remember the name but it was like a flying pterodactyl that you'd level up and shoot balloons or something.

Sounds like Nanosaur 2!

Was either Mario Kart 64 or Starfox 64, don't remember which. 

You can see now where my fandom was seeded

• Like 1

I remember my first game and console. In fact, I remember the first day.

It was my birthday turning 5 (I believe, coulda been 6) and I unwrapped the gamecube, and super smash bros Melee. So I put in Melee and quite liked it. Though I didn't get a memory card so I kept having to unlock Luigi/Jigglypuff. Anyway, later that night someone knocked on our door and it was this one mental person who could only talk in screams/roars/something. So the person kept trying to get in the house and as you can imagine, it's quite something as a 5-6 year old. Later I found out it was my friends aunt, but I didn't know that at the time. (I didn't get a memory card till like 2 years later when my uncle had a spare and gave it to me)

I don't remember my very first game, but I do remember watching my older brother, Karl playing OOT and both of the Sonic Adventure games when I was little. He sometimes let me try them out (I was horrible at them, obviously). And I still remember little 3 year-old me saying "Hey! Karl forgot to put his controllers away! Silly Karl!!" XD