Storminator

17 minutes ago, Storminator said:

Probably because Arwingpedia is a bit loose with its sources- I'd say Lylat Wiki is better for actual facts about the game's characters. I'd say they just assume everyone's from Corneria because its the center of government.

Yeah, most likely. I found this on the Star Fox Wikia: 

Spoiler

During his youth, he also harbored an intense rivalry with Fox's father, James McCloud. It is also implied in the comics as well as Wolf's line "You'll be seeing your dad soon, Fox!" that Wolf had some involvement in James's death. It is quite possible that he maintained a master and pupil relationship with James when he was a young man. He also mentioned if he successfully shoots down Fox in Assault that "[Fox] ain't your father, after all...", implying he had a large amount of respect for James McCloud's dogfighting abilities. Wolf's advice towards Fox after finishing Mission 7, (Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act!) is also somewhat a pun on James's motto, further indicating some history. It is implied through the Super Smash Bros. series that Wolf's rivalry with Team Star Fox started out with James from having tangled in battle after battle with McCloud during the time he served Andross's pre-exile antagonism towards Corneria.

Wolf serving Andross before he was exiled is backed up by Wolf's trophy description in Sm4sh. 

Spoiler

Wolf used to fight in Andross's army, tangling with Star Fox in battle after battle. After Andross's exile, he went his own way and formed a mercenary team called Star Wolf. He and his eternal rival, Fox, have even fought on the same side from time to time...but inevitably, they always meet again as enemies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 8:02 AM, Swedguy said:

Yeah, most likely. I found this on the Star Fox Wikia: 

Reveal hidden contents

Wolf serving Andross before he was exiled is backed up by Wolf's trophy description in Sm4sh. 

Reveal hidden contents

On 3/22/2016 at 7:25 AM, Storminator said:

Probably because Arwingpedia is a bit loose with its sources- I'd say Lylat Wiki is better for actual facts about the game's characters. I'd say they just assume everyone's from Corneria because its the center of government.

Or because their ancestors lived on the planet before they went into space

13 hours ago, 14432 said:

Or because their ancestors lived on the planet before they went into space

Here's the thing though- People spread out all over the place. You're not wrong in what you're saying, but people will spread far and wide. My ancestors were, in part, Scandinavian yet I was born and raised in England. Likewise, Wolf could be from any habitable planet of the system despite his ancestory probably being Cornerian at some point in history.

8 hours ago, Storminator said:

Here's the thing though- People spread out all over the place. You're not wrong in what you're saying, but people will spread far and wide. My ancestors were, in part, Scandinavian yet I was born and raised in England. Likewise, Wolf could be from any habitable planet of the system despite his ancestory probably being Cornerian at some point in history.

The same can be said for almost every character's ancestry. Their Ancestors would have been on corneria for much of it's history prior to the space age.

Ok guys, got a few more little things I'd like feedback on:

I'm toying with the idea of having the Starfox team be named Starwing as a nod to the PAL region release of the game. Also considering changing Fox's name to James so that he'd be James McCloud Jr. as he was in the Nintendo Power comics, maybe keeping Fox as his nickname.

The next major thing is branching paths/alternate timelines. I'm thinking that there would be two versions of the SF64 events, based on the two endings of the game- Either Andross is a robot and the real one lives on, or Fox defeats the real Andross and he stays dead. This split would then create 2 timelines respectively. The first, in which the real Andross survives would go on to follow events similar to Starfox 2. The other, where the real Andross dies would then lead on to a timeline similar to the games we got after SF64 (So Adventures, Assault, maybe even Command).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-10 at 4:27 PM, Storminator said:

Ok guys, got a few more little things I'd like feedback on:

I'm toying with the idea of having the Starfox team be named Starwing as a nod to the PAL region release of the game. Also considering changing Fox's name to James so that he'd be James McCloud Jr. as he was in the Nintendo Power comics, maybe keeping Fox as his nickname.

The next major thing is branching paths/alternate timelines. I'm thinking that there would be two versions of the SF64 events, based on the two endings of the game- Either Andross is a robot and the real one lives on, or Fox defeats the real Andross and he stays dead. This split would then create 2 timelines respectively. The first, in which the real Andross survives would go on to follow events similar to Starfox 2. The other, where the real Andross dies would then lead on to a timeline similar to the games we got after SF64 (So Adventures, Assault, maybe even Command).

I like the timeline idea. I was always under this impression:

Notice how in SF0, everything seems a lot more technologically advanced? What if this happpened:

During the opening for SF0, Fox says the Lylat Wars dragged on for five years before the game starts. What if Andross chose to wait with attacking Corneria, allowing the Venomians, the Cornerian army and Star Fox to upgrade their vehicles and weapons?

16 minutes ago, Swedguy said:

I like the timeline idea. I was always under this impression:

Notice how in SF0, everything seems a lot more technologically advanced? What if this happpened:

During the opening for SF0, Fox says the Lylat Wars dragged on for five years before the game starts. What if Andross chose to wait with attacking Corneria, allowing the Venomians, the Cornerian army and Star Fox to upgrade their vehicles and weapons?

Hmm... not a bad idea. Technology advances pretty quickly in our world, so imagine how much an interplanetary society would advance in 5 years or so!

19 hours ago, Storminator said:

Hmm... not a bad idea. Technology advances pretty quickly in our world, so imagine how much an interplanetary society would advance in 5 years or so!

Unfortunately, it turns out SF0 might be a reboot after all. Here's why:

Spoiler

Solar is gone, Andross is banished to another universe, Venom is just a teleportation device.

• 1 month later...

Lylat System Map Version 2.jpg

So I suppose this is a small update, but at the same time a big one- An updated map of the Lylat system, incorporating the planets from Star Fox 2. I decided to remale Solar to Sora, the literal translation of its Japanese name. As always, would like to hear your feedback!