What does SFO drive?

Arashikage

So, I'm interested in seeing the cars that SFO drives.  What's the make, model and year?  Do you like your car, or do you think it's a piece of junk?  Pics are not required, but I'm going to post some of my car.  

I drive a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3, and I absolutely love it.  I bought it the day before Thanksgiving just last year, and for the two months I've been driving it, it's been fantastic.  I bought it at 101,000 miles, so far with 102,500 or so.  I bought it with virtually no rust, and it was very clean.  Nearly mint condition for a 2000 car.  It was previously owned by an old lady, and then this guy who had his wife drive it for work.  

PICS: 

VlpaKJF.jpg

12294760_10207583983425306_6832493599839

12316346_10207583984025321_8531109284226

For now I merely use my legs, until I (Hopefully soon) get my licence.

Ain't old ladies just the best at car maintenance?

What do I use to get around town? I use my feet and an irregular heart beat to get me where I need to go:

tumblr_n8o9larafR1tgx2jmo1_400.gif

• Like 5

The best kind of work I can get outside of school is footwork. Whenever I'm not slaving my wasting body away   errrmm, I mean, when I'm not on my computer, I take a few walks around town. I would use my bike, but that means having to maneuver all around the crap we have in the storage house...

On 12/3/2015 at 7:05 PM, Dr. Orange said:

L01Ycjs.jpg

I got them records on my demo, did yo' boys not get the memo?

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6

1997 Saturn SL2

http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/files/48896651997_saturn_s-series_4_dr_sl2_sedan-pic-51539.jpeg

that isn't mine but it looks just like it, only crappy and beat up. there's cosmetic damage all over, the AC sucks, the radio is finicky, it has 215,000+ miles on it, and i can't really commute all the way to work in it because i'm not sure it will survive ~100 miles a day. i'm probably lucky it survives the 40 miles a day i currently put on it. anyway as much as it irritates me i wub it to pieces (probably should stop that, they're getting hard to come by) because it's been loyally carrying my ass around for upwards of ten years and i've got this constant background radiation of fear that the next day i start it up will be the last time it can do anything for me.

the car i really want is something that looks like the Toyota Celica or the late-90s Pontiac Firebird. probably not those cars, though, because gas is hella expensive and only gonna get worse. so i've been looking for a car that has that aesthetic but doesn't cost over nine thousand bajillion dollars. also intrigued by the Honda CR-Z, although it has a few red flags (like, a hybrid that gets under 40 mpg? and the rear visibility looks concerning). i really like the whole vibe that would come with having a two-seater. it's the kind of car you can have when you don't have friends trying to bum rides off you all the time. mostly if i'm shopping for a new car i just want a coupe.

once i have the money to afford a new-ish car though i'll probably just get a Civic or something, as the cruel talons of adult practicality sink into me and tear the wonder and joy from my heart.

To my knowledge, a older Celica or Honda Civic would only run you around 1g to 4g depending on where you could look. Hell I found Rx-7 Miata's going for 4g- 5g when looking for my car. A Firebird though is going to cost closer to the 5g to 15g range ...

Unless you're in Detroit.

There's fucking all of them here.

It's no joke. Shop Pontiac in Detroit. It's all shit but it's all here.

if i was rich enough not to have to care about gas i would go for it, but i'm in So Cal where gas is $3/gal and up, and i don't want to own a twenty-year-old Firebird so badly that i'll ship one here from Detroit. and since gas prices are only going to get worse, it's why i've been looking hard at fuel economy and trying to find something aesthetically similar to the Celica/Firebird/Mitsubishi Spyder/90s Chevy Camaro/Saturn SC2, without actually getting, y'know, those cars. it's just nobody seems to make cars like that anymore. or, they do, but they're exceptionally expensive.

i mean, i know if you drive it a certain way, you can wring extreme fuel economy out of almost any car. but who the hell buys a pony car just to hypermile it?

Riding my 4.2 HP, 120MPG whip

Gets me around Seattle. In a city you can't really beat it esp. for the mileage and maneuverability. Just hope you don't need to carry much.

And hope it doesn't rain.

iB4SQEx.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Riding my 4.2 HP, 120MPG whip

Gets me around Seattle. In a city you can't really beat it esp. for the mileage and maneuverability. Just hope you don't need to carry much.

And hope it doesn't rain.

iB4SQEx.jpg

Dude, you're gonna get soooooo many chicks with that thing
Also: where the fuck have you been brutha

also also: 2004 honda accord. Never had any major breaks or expenses in the 5 years I've had her

33 minutes ago, Scourge said:

Also: where the fuck have you been brutha

also also: 2004 honda accord. Never had any major breaks or expenses in the 5 years I've had her

school has ended my fucking life

Also @ your ride, ballin! I daily drive an 01 Accord over the Summers. The reliability of those Honda I4's is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

school has ended my fucking life

I daily drive an 01 Accord over the Summers. The reliability of those Honda I4's is ridiculous. 

Stop school-- it's bad for you or something.

Also: Yes, honda makes good shit.

I currently own two cars. A '15 GMC Terrain and a '15 VW Jettuh. I let my mom drive the vee-dub. I need to quit trippin and post pictures.

I drive a white 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium. I'll post a pic of it when it is not covered in road grime like it is now.

• Like 1

• Owner/Technical Admin

This is what I drive. A 2011 Mazda 2, Touring edition, 5 speed manual.

Not my actual car, just a stock photo. Same color.

54d232eb8c05f_-_mazda2_02_0610-lg.jpg

• Like 1