Why do people love Krystal?

Fookes

Question

I have seen so many people who love Krystal (Both in a romantic way and in a general way), and I am just wondering...

Why do people love her? What makes her so likable? 

I am not saying that it's bad to love her, I'm just asking why.

The same reason people love Boba Fett despite them not doing much in their respective series. Their small tidbits of backstory is cool enough to spark the imagination and fill in the blanks with headcanon whatnotness. Simply put, she's a goldmine for creative writing rather than being something already well established.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:23 PM, SF Alba said:

when Star Wars episode 4 was released, what set it apart from other sci-fi series? The Jedi and Sith.

Pretty much this. She's a mysterious fish out of water character from a far distant land. She invokes the same wonder and intrigue that people like in Jedi, or going even further back eastern archetypes like Shaolin Monks. People just seem to inherently like mystical warrior monks with vague backstories for some reason. It's the need for answers (even if the answers are really lame in the end) that drives people to be interested in them.

In summary, I don't think it's what's in the games themselves people like, it's that each game plants enough seeds and leaves her ambiguous enough for imagination to run wild. The mystery of wanting to learn about her and what the heck she really was probably got her current fanbase interested. Of course later games threw this out the window, Assault basically relagating her to be the Deanna Troi of the team. It's the same reason so many characters from Zelda are insanely popular despite having vague as hell backstories, and again Boba Fett.

• Like 1

My first exposure to her was in Assault. Then I got adventures later and didn't have much of an opinion of her adventures version. And then command...

Can't speak for everyone, so i'll speak for me ^^

So for me, it's specifically the assault Krystal.

So why would that be?

Looks? Could be, although the closest version of Krystal in human I would think is Aqua from kingdom hearts, and I'm not a big fan of Aqua in Kingdom hearts, so I doubt it's looks (Entirely anyway)

Voice? I do like that voice quite a bit from Assault, though I HIGHLY doubt that's a very big reason as some of my most hated people in fiction has pretty damn good voices.

Personality? I think this is the biggest thing, I like her personality. How can I say that when she's as shallow as she is? Hard to say, but I think that assault gave more than enough (Or just enough) to tell me everything I need to know about her so unless she's tricking everyone, she's a pretty cool character. 

So amazing accent, very nice personality, and a look that's pleasant to the eyes. For someone like me, there's no reason to NOT like her. I would ask why people wouldn't like her, buuuuut I can understand why people would hate everything about her. (Unlike other Krystal fans who can't seem to understand why someone wouldn't like their Waifu)