Shadows of Corneria

Makori

Okay, so while I came into this forum with a brilliant idea and more than an ample thought behind the characteristic mechanisms and whatnot, I figured that, being a newbie, it might be more prudent to discuss and, if needed, postpone actually attempting to request my idea until I have a pretty good idea of if my thoughts are feasible.  With the lack of activity in the RP section and so much of the rest of the forum to explore, I figure sitting here and talking things through before taking definitive steps was a good way to start.

Basically, in the wake of the Anglar Blitz, a massive campaign of reconstruction takes place on all the afflicted planets, still burdened by repairing the damage done by the Aparoids as well.  Given all this, within a year or two the CDF has gone through a massive drawdown in troop strength, and the other inhabited planets like MacBeth and Titania are also looking to invest their budgets elsewhere.  As a result, mercenary activity shoots up across the system, and with it the people looking to use them.

Our story begins in a bar on Zoness, still trying to clean itself up but quickly turning into a toxic, crime-riddled hole as honest people move out and criminals move in.  Here, our group is contracted to investigate a secret on Fortuna, given a ship and some supplies and told we will receive a -very- generous fee.  Unfortunately, after touching down it is quite clear that something is not right, and in the end we may have to fight more than just the wildlife to get off the planet alive at all...

So, any thoughts?  Suggestions?

Sounds good. If this does get approved, I'll go ahead and leap in with one of my RPing characters.

I like it, however I'd prefer if the Command aspect was completely taken away and it was set after the Aparoid invasion, and I'm sure at least some would agree with me, however it's your RP, and you should do with it as you see fit. I'd probably try it out either way.

Well, Command did suck major ass.  So all I have to do is change the date to 10 ALW without the Anglar Blitz, right?

That actually works -really- well with my idea. lol

So which character would you use, Alba?

28 minutes ago, Makori said:

Well, Command did suck major ass.  So all I have to do is change the date to 10 ALW without the Anglar Blitz, right?

That actually works -really- well with my idea. lol

So which character would you use, Alba?

Well, I don't think my only RP character would fit in very well with that, so I'd probably make a new one. I'm particularly new to RP.

Oh and just because it doesn't seem like you know this, Command is non-canon.

Well, with Command being non-canon, that'll allow me to amend a few wrongs. lol

Btw, how many liberties do you think I can stretch with the things that haven't been explored in detail?  Like Lylat's crime activity or the Venomian Imperial Guard structure?

6 hours ago, Makori said:

Btw, how many liberties do you think I can stretch with the things that haven't been explored in detail?  Like Lylat's crime activity or the Venomian Imperial Guard structure?

Just make it up off the top of your head as you go along. That works a lot. :D

11 hours ago, Makori said:

Really?  Any idea which one you'll use?

I think I'll bring back Sal Gelado and Spector from the Predator and Prey RP we did here about a year ago. I'll post the Bios for them below:

Name: Salto "Sal" Gelado

Sex: Male

Species: Anthromorphic Red-and-Green Macaw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-and-green_macaw

Homeplanet: Earth

Height: 1m 79cm

Appeareance: Mainly red body, with traces of green and blue feathers on his wings. One of his green eyes is hid behind a long strand of head feathers. Muscular enough to show that he is a good freeflyer and freerunner, but not too overly done to show he's a macho man. Or rather, macho bird.

Clothing: Wears an echo hat with knitted holes just big enough to let some of his head feathers out. Always carries a headset so he can stay connected with his acquatainces and friends.

Personality: Salto is a nomad, his life taking him wherever he flies or freeruns to. Speaks with a fairly distinct Brazilian accent. Speaks fluent English and French, but struggles with the occasional word in times of stress.

Name: Spector ''Spec" Cachoeira
Species: Anthromorphic Military Macaw
Sex: Male
Homeplanet: Earth
Height: 1m 56 cm

Appearance: Mainly light green body with long body feathers and tips of a darker green on the tips of his wings. Small tuft of red fur resting just above his beak. Hazel brown eyes, and medium-length legs and talons.

Clothing: Wears a brown and white shawl on his body to keep him warm. Head feathers are medium-length.

Personality: While a keen explorer, Spector is actually a lot better when it comes to tactical thinking and planning, a fact he refuses to admit, despite it being true. Spector is also kind of withdrawn and shy, speaking only to the people he's most comfortable with.

You can get started whenever, but note that I'm on half-term holidays at the end of the week.

The IC Link

And we're online folks!  I waited a while to see if we could catch anyone else, and right now I'm satisfied.

Let's start this up, and have some fun.  We'll start with intro posts and mood setting before I bring in our employer and get things rolling forward, so feel free to storytell all you want!

Also, for the ones who haven't, I'd like a character sheet posted here before you go in the IC please.

Generally speaking, it's usually accepted to wait for RP mod approval on your RP before starting it up.  I'd also like to point out that joining messages usually go in the RP's request thread, and not its discussion thread.

With that said, I haven't been able to be online as much as I'd have liked to as of late, and therefore haven't been able to peruse the board as often as a result.  This one gets a pass. Well that, and it's not like any other new requests are flooding in. xD

11 hours ago, OneUnder said:

Generally speaking, it's usually accepted to wait for RP mod approval on your RP before starting it up.  I'd also like to point out that joining messages usually go in the RP's request thread, and not its discussion thread.

With that said, I haven't been able to be online as much as I'd have liked to as of late, and therefore haven't been able to peruse the board as often as a result.  This one gets a pass. Well that, and it's not like any other new requests are flooding in. xD

First, allow me to formally apologize for my impatience.  After a while without a denial or any word at all, my first action should have been to send you a message to get your attention.

Secondly, thank you for letting me get this off the ground anyway.  I never meant to undercut you.

9 hours ago, Arminius H O Fiddywinks said:

I wish to join this RP.

Then just get a CS put up and feel free to have him join when you can.

No problem, and I don't think anyone interpreted your actions as having any malicious intent. :p

16 hours ago, Makori said:

Then just get a CS put up and feel free to have him join when you can.

Oh... That's going to be a little tough. I have four of them coming in.

Four?  Wow...

Well, I look forward to seeing your work!

Also, a request please guys; if we could keep all Out of Character discussion in here rather than the In Character thead, I would appreciate that.

Makori, if you're unfamiliar with my characters, you can simply look at my thread labeled Arminius's RP Character(s). Also, I intend on using more than the four I showed up with. Would you allow me that?

Armin: so long as you can balance them appropriately, it shouldn't be a problem.  But I would like to ask that they all have at least a little bit of life/mention every other post or so

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up for all of you lads; I'm  heading out to Italy at the end of the week for a week and a bit. I'll try to bring my tablet along during this time and stay connected but if I can't, I'll need to temporarily drop out of the RP for a little while until I get back.