Starfox Animated Series Shut down by nintendo?

CraftyAndy

New patreon for "A fox in space." https://www.patreon.com/AFoxInSpace?ty=c

Not the first project to get nixed by Nintendo, Metroid Fan Film Shutdown by nintendo http://www.screwattack.com/news/ninte...
I have witnessed a lot of stupid responses to things such as the power rangers bootleg fan film and recently the starfox animated parody that was recently snubbed by nintendo. Things are still on track and the names have since been changed which nintendo seems to be fine with, however it just feeds into my negative feelings towards japanese game companies and their practices. This video is a response to how it seems that they don't care about what fans want, will keep shoveling the same shit and beat that dead horse until it's just a pool of chunky red waste on the bat. It just confuses me to see a company like nintendo, koonami, and sega just have the bottom line in mind and not realize when it comes to entertainment products, it is a symbiotic relationship between customer and supplier. We give you money to provide us entertainment, a service. We may like your service so much that we will praise it with fan art, films, music, and even fan made games. Aside from making limited prints of non-parody art pieces there is really no room for shenanigans like shutting down tributes to our beloved entertainment unless of course, that musician starts selling cds of non-remixed music covers, fan games, or movies.
Imagine if Sega or capcom sued over the fan films Blue Core made of megaman or sonic. Or nintendo over this starfox parody. It seems people are starting to be soured by these companies. Koonami is off making gambling machines of Silent Hill, Sega couldn't even successfully reinvent sonic, and Nintendo's wii-u will probably be dead in a year or less. Maybe they can start paying attention to their fan base a little more, unfortunately for them they seem to ignore the fact that the bulk of their market that keeps them a float is outside of their island.

Interview about the project.

• Like 1

Dude were STARFOX online.

We're the nerds who hear about this stuff first.

Get on our level.

Also; Hi I'm Dr. Orange, who the hell are you?

• Like 1

The guy who interviewed the guy who made SF TAS, months ago! Give him a proper welcome, Doc!

:welcome:to SF-O, CrazyAndy! Please feel free to share whatever news or videos demand our attention. I'm pretty sure that's allowed here.

1 hour ago, amcintyr9998 said:

The guy who interviewed the guy who made SF TAS, months ago! Give him a proper welcome, Doc!

The guy who made SFTAS is on this site. 

I mean we know this stuff. If the intent was to advertise, sorry to say weve been aware.

Three words sum up Nintendo: Big. Japanese. Corporation.

What does this mean?

In short, they don't care what we think. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it also isn't a good thing. However,  they are a company who has been around for quite some time operating in Japan. If I were in their position, I'd probably be doing the same thing they are. They don't want changes to their established brand and, while this makes me a bit distraught, I know that, ultimately, the fans mean next to nothing to the company.

Bottom line, I have the sneaking suspicion that if every SF fan there was proposed a change or new turn on the franchise, the big N would still shoot it down.

• Like 1

Hello there! My name is Kyubey, and I am very pleased to meet you! 

Make sure you read the guidelines if you haven't already! 

You can chat with other members in the chat here

We also have blogs which can be found here

Enjoy your stay! ;)

Please note that we have a thread for this project already, and Fred has personally commented on this there:

TL;DR: Fred wasn't C&D, but rather Nintendo filed a takedown request against his Patreon (but not his YouTube). The series will be officially titled "A Fox in Space" but will still be Star Fox so long as he can get away with it.

Please keep the discussion in the thread for this project.

• DZComposer locked this topic