Full List of Regions

Leon

Nintendo have updated their website with a full view of the battlegrounds in SF0

• Corneria
  • Meteo α
  • Area 3
  • Zoness
  • Titania
  • Sector β
  • Sector Y
  • Fichina
  • Fortuna
  • Sector Ω
  • Venom

I like how Venom looks this time, it really has an ominous look with those scars running along it. 

• Like 2

This may sound a bit obvious to some of you, but I googled the characters 'Ω', 'β', and 'γ' and it seems that those are letters in the Greek alphabet. 'β' stands for 'Beta', 'Ω' stands for 'Omega', and 'γ' stands for 'Gamma'. New sectors! Sweet! :D

You know you watch too much Game Grumps when you see "γ" and think "Yepsilon"

Huh, Sector X, Y and Z apparently getting retconned is the closest I've felt to disappointment with anything shown so far. Those weird little letters of radiation warmed not only the remains of broken spaceships, but my heart as well (if they even have been retconned, since this probably isn't showing us all of the planets, and the game sacrificed multiple planets in favor of multiple pathways... I don't think I see the need for a new set of themed "sectors" though)

Venom looking man-made is cool and aligns with !!MY HEADCANON!! pretty nicely.

• Like 1

So no X, Y, Z. Now beta, gamma, omega. 

I fell I should be more concerned but ... I like this better. It feels right. 

Honestly I'm okay with the new sectors; I see it as a fresh makeover, much like 64 did with the Snes games.

I'm slightly disappointed with new routes instead of new levels (my biggest disappointment with the game) but it's still better than being completely linear.

The upside with the new routes on the same planets for me is that it might give us a chance to see parts of the planets we never have before which is something I've wanted for a while.

• Like 1

Sectors α, β, γ, and Ω. Interesting.

Here are more of my oh-so-accurate Google-based translations:

Sector Omega:
This dangerous region is known as the "Graveyard of the Universe."
This is probably because of the strong magnetic field created by the Omega-type celestial body.
Many ships have crashed here, their wreckage floating in the area.

Sector Gamma:
This area near Fortuna is normally very quiet. (Very uncertain translation)
But recently, Military assets of Andross have been spotted in the region.

Sector Beta:
This area exists in the middle beween Corneria and Venom.
The Ryogun Space Battleship is at the forefront of this fierce 'War of the Worlds.'

Sector Alpha:
In this area, an Alpha-type nebula emerges.
An armada of Cornerian ships is the last line of defense against Andross' advancing fleet.

Area 3:
A donut-shaped space colony floats in this area.
The interior of the colony is designed to replicate the residents' home planet of Corneria.
A huge weapon capture from Andross sleeps at the military facility.

Venom:
10 years ago, Dr. Andross was exiled to this fronteir planet.
Fox's father, James, was sent to investigate, but did not send back any news.
There is a strong magnetic field, the details of which are unknown.

Venom gives me a strong Starkiller Base vibe.

bt8khNi.jpg

• Like 3

Can't wait to play this game. It has been so long without a very solid Star Fox game, that I just think over and over about Star Fox Zero. It looks fantastic! And Venom remind me of the final boss from Okami, somehow. Will we find out what happened with James, finally? Can't wait! Also, it has been several years without being active with StarFox... I was once kattmonroe2001 a loooong time ago. This game revives my hopes! Literally.

I'm wondering whether or not there will be any secret levels, such as The Awesome Black Hole and Out of this Dimension from SNES Star Fox.

22 hours ago, SF Alba said:

I'm wondering whether or not there will be any secret levels, such as The Awesome Black Hole and Out of this Dimension from SNES Star Fox.

Sector Omega looks like a black hole, of some sort. Or even Out of this Dimension, to be honest. And if you look at the introduction video, this is where James seems to have disappeared. I'm pretty sure there will be bonuses levels as the map didn't show the portals so I guess it is only the main map when you start it for the first time.

I missed something when I watched that stream that got yanked. It turns out that this may not actually be the full list. There appear to be 20 missions:

QnB4v3V.png

There are two different Corneria missions, though, so those could also be secondary missions for other locations.

• Like 1

Fortuna is probably in the slot above Omega, and then I imagine the rest are likely variants like Corneria 2. There could be some hidden missions like the Black Hole or Out of this Dimension, but I would not expect that to be the bulk of those slots. 

9 hours ago, DZComposer said:

I missed something when I watched that stream that got yanked. It turns out that this may not actually be the full list. There appear to be 20 missions:

QnB4v3V.png

20 missions with multiple paths? Not Bad if you compare it to SF64 which only had about 15 missions with some not even having multiple paths.

However, I do agree with Dras. It was unnecessary to remove sectors X & Z but I already know sector Alpha & Omega are going to be my favorite if you know what I mean lol