Star Fox 64 3D Voices! (English, Spanish & French!)

Storminator

When I went on the website I saw this... -.-

3c22e7e377bfd311f25555e47415054a.png

22 minutes ago, Kyubey said:

When I went on the website I saw this... -.-

3c22e7e377bfd311f25555e47415054a.png

I know, noticed that too :\ Lucky that I managed to download the English clips before they shut down for now.

• Like 1

I would like to have SF643D voice lines, but I also am not into the business of nicking other peoples' content without their permission.

54 minutes ago, DZComposer said:

I would like to have SF643D voice lines, but I also am not into the business of nicking other peoples' content without their permission.

Fair enough. The site's back up now, and I'm sure you'll be able to contact the one that submitted the clips and get permission. Since we're on the topic of voices, I'm curious as to why no one's ever managed to rip the "Lylat" language voice clips from the Lylat Wars ROM. Maybe its something to do with how its produced in the game?

They're not individual clips, they're the normal English clips manipulated and pitch shifted, just like how they did with the voice samples in the SNES games like "Twin Blasters" and "Wing Damage/Repair".

Also, holy fuck I just realized how sloppy the VAs' performances are in 643D. It really says something when the original version had better direction than this. James McCloud sounds like Splinter from TMNT for some odd reason. Andross in particular just sounds awful, way too robotic. Yaru's new voice is awesome though. Thankfully they seemed to have improved in Zero. If only it was possible to make a mod that replaces the voice acting with the original 64 clips and the music with actual redbook orchestrations like in Assault and Zero.

11 minutes ago, Patch93 said:

They're not individual clips, they're the normal English clips manipulated and pitch shifted, just like how they did with the voice samples in the SNES games like "Twin Blasters" and "Wing Damage/Repair".

Ah right. I've been trying to replicate the effect in Audacity but haven't gotten very far.