Redeemer

Where can I buy good quality and reaonably priced fake fur?

Question

Redeemer

I need fur for a costume I want to make for GamesCom in August. Just enough for my legs, nothing more. I'm aiming to make like, fawn legs with hooves for a Witcher 3 related cosplay and I need some fur that's brown, preferrably of a mid-brown colour, not too long, and reasonable price. I've been looking around online and some people want like $30 for a square meter and I'll need perhaps 4 lots because I'll of course need room for error incase I make a sewing mistake - and I'm not comfortable with coughing up $120 plus the cost for cheap leggings and the hooves and whatnot for some cosplay pants lol.

Now I know some of you make fursuits or know people that make fursuits and I was just wondering where you guys got your fur and if you can recommend me anything. Thoughts?

3 answers to this question

Sylono

Just buy a a bulk package of Halloween wigs and sew them together, that should save you a couple bucks.

Redeemer

Get out of my topic Sanic there is no pingas here.

Dr. Orange

Learn how to hunt.

Get fur and grocery shopping.

I don't know Germany but have you checked out any local craft stores? We have a Jo-Ann Fabrics here and I just coupon blast that store every now and then.