DLC speculation

ArwingFan

What is the possibility of DLC being released for the game?  I'd like to see the older planets return such as Macbeth or Katina. Maybe they could patch in competitive multiplayer, but I don't know how that could work seeing you'd need multiple gamepads for that.

Game has to do well enough to warrant DLC.  Right now, it may not be doing well enough to warrant it.  Any fans who own a WiiU, and have been crying out for a new game, but haven't bought it yet, really should if they want more.  Otherwise, I'm thinking DLC chances will be slim.

But, if the game does well enough suddenly to then get DLC, I would personally like to see some more planets as well, bring back the Blue Marine if there's enough demand for it(Or give the Arwings the ability to go under water to an extent if not, but they still want to bring back Aquas, and bring in new planets that are underwater type stages).

Also, I'd like to see them patch in the promised but undelivered ability to play all the missions as any vehicle once you've met certain requirements.  I'd also like to see some more vehicles too, like a classic style Arwing with SF0 textures(Akin to how the Arwings looked in very early screen shots of SF64, where they were the SNES Arwings given 64 style skins), the Wolfen, and some Arwing variants, like the Defense and Interceptor class Arwings from SFSNES2.

As for Multiplayer, Nintendo has shown that they can develop a competent online multiplayer mode.  So I'd be comfortable with a online vs. mode as well as a online co-op mode.

I want butts.

(In all seriousness though, some sort of DLC that incorporates all of the worlds from previous games, as well as mentioned ones like Cerinia and Papetoon, would be nice.)

For me, everything you people just said, but more particularly, the online multiplayer. Who isn't clamoring for it? Also, though, change the sound quality in the music! It's making the game sound much more quieter than it really is, because of how light and airy it all sounds.

ALSO: I think if the game is to catch up on sales, Nintendo would do very well to put that O.M. in as a free update, to help justify that $60 price tag as a standalone title.

3 hours ago, amcintyr9998 said:

For me, everything you people just said, but more particularly, the online multiplayer. Who isn't clamoring for it? Also, though, change the sound quality in the music! It's making the game sound much more quieter than it really is, because of how light and airy it all sounds.

ALSO: I think if the game is to catch up on sales, Nintendo would do very well to put that O.M. in as a free update, to help justify that $60 price tag as a standalone title.

I'm not so sure star fox O.M. would do so well considering the flight simulator games it would have to compete with, I mean what would Star Fox online multiplayer even bring to the table? All range mode co-op type stuff? Ace combat has you covered. Online VS? You'd have to be bringing something big to take on the likes of WoP or BoS. At best, you could argue a co-op (or score attack) story might work, but my point on that is Nintendo already disappointed on even the couch co-op so why would they not go the cost effective (and safer) route and apply the same thing to the online?

But maybe I'm to jaded to dream of the perfect SFZ online multiplayer these days...

Considering that Nintendo is officially discontinuing the Wii U this year, I don't have much hope for any additional DLC, as awesome as it would be.

BUT, in a perfect world, I wouldn't mind seeing maybe some alternative ship designs like the Adventures and Assault Arwings. Since they brought in the one from SNES.

As far as multiplayer, I know everyone wants it, and I'm probably gonna start WW3 with this, but Starfox multiplayers suck. Like they could not be more boring. It's a case of "better in theory than reality". They just lack innovation. So unless they actually brought it this time, it's not that high on my priority list.

4 minutes ago, Zaphyr Stone said:

Considering that Nintendo is officially discontinuing the Wii U this year, I don't have much hope for any additional DLC, as awesome as it would be.

BUT, in a perfect world, I wouldn't mind seeing maybe some alternative ship designs like the Adventures and Assault Arwings. Since they brought in the one from SNES.

As far as multiplayer, I know everyone wants it, and I'm probably gonna start WW3 with this, but Starfox multiplayers suck. Like they could not be more boring. It's a case of "better in theory than reality". They just lack innovation. So unless they actually brought it this time, it's not that high on my priority list.

Honestly, same. I mean, I've seen multiplayer of Assault. To me, Assault reminds me of GoldenEye. Now, GoldenEye mutliplayer was new back then. But now, it feels like a repetition.

Online multiplayer is out of question, games that are created with online components have code that is built in for the online portion. Changing a local only game to be online requires a lot of work and re-coding. Aka net code. This needs to be implemented when developing the game, not after the game has been launched.

Other than maybe additional amibo support, I don't see Nintendo pushing DLC on this one for various reason:

1.-  If the game were to be a hit, it would actually be smarter to create a more ambitious sequel and build the game that would support native DLC. E.g, create a game/use an engine that would allow this. Unreal engine, for example.

2.- Nintendo has a tendency of not releasing patches for games, even less DLC. Remember that Metroid, other m game breaking bug? Well that game was never patched to fix that, instead Nintendo opted to manually fix the issue by having players send in their saved data. The main reason for why Nintendo likes to delay games is to polish them to a point in where no major game breaking bugs will be encountered.

3.-Most likely, the team that created SFZ is already busy in other projects. If not in the original budget and resource planning, then this would generate extensive costs.

Now Starfox Guard could have DLC in form of different maps as that is a less complex game overall. But still, slim chance.

• Like 1

Unless said DLC has been planned from the beginning, I highly doubt we'll see any. The Wii U is dead. It's quite clear that there are no more Wii U projects coming from Nintendo, save for Paper Mario and the Zelda Game, which will be coming to NX as well.

It has become quite clear that Nintendo does not want to spend any more money on Wii U than it has to at this point.

On 24/05/2016 at 1:28 AM, Steve said:

2.- Nintendo has a tendency of not releasing patches for games, even less DLC. Remember that Metroid, other m game breaking bug? Well that game was never patched to fix that, instead Nintendo opted to manually fix the issue by having players send in their saved data. The main reason for why Nintendo likes to delay games is to polish them to a point in where no major game breaking bugs will be encountered.

I'm pretty sure the Wii couldn't patch games, probably at least in part to it having bugger all hard drive space. Remember when they released a whole Wii channel to fix save files affected by the Skyward Sword bug? Patches for Nintendo games nowadays are quite common.

On 5/24/2016 at 8:28 AM, Steve said:

Online multiplayer is out of question, games that are created with online components have code that is built in for the online portion. Changing a local only game to be online requires a lot of work and re-coding. Aka net code. This needs to be implemented when developing the game, not after the game has been launched.

Other than maybe additional amibo support, I don't see Nintendo pushing DLC on this one for various reason:

1.-  If the game were to be a hit, it would actually be smarter to create a more ambitious sequel and build the game that would support native DLC. E.g, create a game/use an engine that would allow this. Unreal engine, for example.

3.-Most likely, the team that created SFZ is already busy in other projects. If not in the original budget and resource planning, then this would generate extensive costs.

Now Starfox Guard could have DLC in form of different maps as that is a less complex game overall. But still, slim chance.

Awesome comment, I couldn't agree more with you!

SFZ wasn't a hit to begin with & even if they were planning DLC it would probably be free to justify it's $60 dollar price tag which is outrageous to begin with.