Knock-off video games

Fookes

You've probably already heard of or seen knock-off games before... And if you have seen them before, you have probably cringed really hard. I mean... JUST LOOK AT THIS!!

latest?cb=20160131051401

"Pokemons debuts as humans"...

"Pokemons debuts as humans"!?

"POKEMONS DEBUTS AS HUMANS"!?!?!

I have lost faith in humanity...

• Like 1

giphy.gif

I don't even know what some startups have in their minds. "Oh sure! Let's make a game on Android where you build a base and have to defend it passively, while actively attacking other player's bases!"

And thus began the Clash of Clones. To be fair though, there ARE some good clones, such as Mobile Strike. I only tried that a few times, but it's distinctive enough to be called a clone.

Oh, and let's not forget the countless games that try and rip off Minecraft's graphics, seen on every console everywhere, hm?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kyubey said:

You've probably already heard of or seen knock-off games before... And if you have seen them before, you have probably cringed really hard. I mean... JUST LOOK AT THIS!!

latest?cb=20160131051401

"Pokemons debuts as humans"...

"Pokemons debuts as humans"!?

"POKEMONS DEBUTS AS HUMANS"!?!?!

I have lost faith in humanity...

Yeah, that is embarrassing. It would probably be less bad if it was more Pokemon cosplaying, but this is hardly worth giving attention to. Hardly at best. Even the grammar is bad.

• Like 1

Ashens' channel is filled with some hilarious knock-offs and oddities now that we're on the subject.

• Like 2

The Android app store is a prime habitat for bad knock-offs. I distinctly remember coming across a Spider-Man rip-off called "Spider-Junior: Man of Order." The app logo was just a low-res animation of a red and green Spiderman kicking a villain I can only assume was the Lizard.

There is also an entire Arabic app developer who rips off popular apps by replacing the main protagonist with a sentient potato named "Potate." In all honesty, I just think that they don't know how to properly spell "potato." Here are just a few of their quality titles.

"Flying Potate." - A rip-off of Flappy Bird.

"Where's my Potate?" - A rip-off of Where's my Water.

And, my personal favorite, as it somehow wound up in my "recommended apps" tab,

"Potate vs. Angry Sh*t."- I actually have no idea what this is as I took a good long look at it, laughed until I cried, and promptly looked for something else.

As for rip-off consoles, my personal fave is the "Chintendo Vii." I think you can decipher what this is a copy of.

4 hours ago, Shmibli7 said:

As for rip-off consoles, my personal fave is the "Chintendo Vii." I think you can decipher what this is a copy of.

6982e354c809ed458304fbef66fcaddcc1140d5e

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a crapton of Bootleg Nintendo games in my collection. I don't even know how I got most of them, probably my parents near my birthday were like "Oh he likes nintendo, let's go to goodwill and get some for real cheap.", and that's how I got some weird bootleg Snes games. I have StarFox 2 in cartridge form because of my parents buying me weird shit at Goodwill, I have no Idea how someone got the SuperFX chip and dumped the rom into a cart, but kudos to them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

May not be considered a knock-off by some standards, but there is very little that isn't ripped from the Elder Scrolls.

maxresdefault.jpg