A smart pillow

Rusakov

Before I get to the main article, I'd like to say something. I was a bit befuddled on what else I could post here. But I realized that I follow quite a bit of futuristic news sites that produce stuff I think some of you might enjoy.

I'll try to keep the weirdness from being too overwhelming, but I can't make any guarantees about not mindblowing anyone. ;)

Without further ado, here's the main article.

The Zeeq smart pillow is the Swiss Army knife of bedding

Sleep tracking has never taken off the same way activity tracking has, probably because no one wants to wear their smartwatch to bed. (That's when you should be charging it anyway.) The Zeeq from REM-Fit aims to fix that by taking the tech off of your wrist and putting it in a place that's a lot more comfortable when you're asleep: inside your pillow.

The Zeeq, which hit Kickstarter today, isn't the first smart pillow. However, most sleep devices tend to focus on fixing one problem, and they can be pricey. Zeeq packs enough features to justify replacing your current bedding setup. It'll track your motion and the volume of your snoring, calculating a "SleepScore" to indicate the overall quality of your rest. But the Zeeq isn't a passive observer of your nights: Speakers inside the pillow make it so you can fall asleep to your favorite tunes, and a motor inside vibrates to wake you up or nudge you to stop snoring.

So yeah, nothing big for now. But it should help keep some of the activity here up.

The only thing I want out of an updated pillow is an ability for it to somehow remain cool throughout the night, without the need to flip it over ever so often.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OneUnder said:

The only thing I want out of an updated pillow is an ability for it to somehow remain cool throughout the night, without the need to flip it over ever so often.

Me too! The article I posted was more for the novelty factor.

• Like 1