Storminator

The scale of the planets

Storminator

Hello all! So something I've kinda wondered and I'm sure some of you have too is how big each planet is in relation to one another. I decided to do a quick scale chart using information from the Star Fox 64 website, calculating each planet's diameter. I also threw in Earth for a size comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/uO8Es

• Like 2

fanfictiondreamer

Nice work, Storminator.

Rusakov

As a person who is terrible at mathematics I must say... job well done! ;)

Storminator
9 minutes ago, Rusakov said:

As a person who is terrible at mathematics I must say... job well done! ;)

Hey, I suck at Maths too but this was dead easy. You just take the radius and multiply it by 2 :p

• Like 1

Rusakov
22 hours ago, Storminator said:

Hey, I suck at Maths too but this was dead easy. You just take the radius and multiply it by 2 :p

True. :D

Though I was referring more towards converting the scale to inches/centimeters and then downscaling them correctly to fit on a page. :p

Storminator
1 hour ago, Rusakov said:

True. :D

Though I was referring more towards converting the scale to inches/centimeters and then downscaling them correctly to fit on a page. :p

I basicaly made a fixed size selection in Photoshop, so really 1 pixel=1km, then I shrunk them all down to a more manageble size

• Like 1

Rusakov
1 hour ago, Storminator said:

I basicaly made a fixed size selection in Photoshop, so really 1 pixel=1km, then I shrunk them all down to a more manageble size

Oh. :sweatdrop:

Robert Monroe

That's pretty damn awesome. lol Fichina so tiny. We don't have sizes for any other worlds?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• General_Macbeth
      By General_Macbeth
      Good Afternoon dear SFO Community.
      I´m working with the User SNES1993 on my 2nd Star Fox Fan Fiction (the first one is in German) & i would like to make a custom Star Map of the Lylat System for it like this example here:
      Source: DeviantArt (User Tango458)

So now i´m looking for someone who has experience in Sprite or Pixel Artwork which i could request or Commission (payment possible via PayPal)
      Please comment below if someone is interested in helping me creating the custom Map
      Regards
      G_Macbeth,

• Arwing_Pilot114
      By Arwing_Pilot114
      Hello all, Arwing_Pilot114 here. I just wanted to ask the collective of SF-O a question pertaining to a VHS tape I found at a retro game shop today. It's a tape of what appears to have the US Box Art of Starfox64 on it.

I'm going to test it out once I get my hands on a VHS player, but my main question is this: What is this? A commercial recording? Recorded game footage? Is this a promo from Nintendo when the game first came out?

I can't post the picture I took of it since I'm posting this on my phone, but I'm just currious if anyone knew something about this? I also got a VHS with the cover of Donkey Kong Country on it too.

I guess I'll find out what these two VHS tapes are soon!
    • Drasiana
      By Drasiana
      Did a landscape of Titania, left some Egyptian-esque Krazoa ruins in there for funsies. Planet rings are a pain to do from the surface.
    • Furygun81
      By Furygun81
      Hello there!
      I'm Furygun81 and I'm new to this place. I was wondering if there's a way to obtain any of the Star Fox 64 (or Lylat Wars) voice acting clips from the Rom? And if there isn't is there anywhere I can download them?

I used to download them from here but I recently noticed that the voice acting clips section has been taken down. Do you know why?

Please get back to me as soon as possible, thanks!

~ Furygun81