NES Classic Edition

OneUnder

NES_Classic_2.0.jpg

Given Nintendo's notoriety for shipping significantly limited amounts of their hardware, did anyone end up picking up the NES classic, or is anyone planning on picking it up?

I love the packaging and how close it seems to be compared to the original.  I wish they would have included an SD card slot somewhere for future game expansions. 

I don't think I'll be making a purchase though, since my NES works fine.  I just need to find enough space to have it hooked up to my television on a more permanent basis. :p

• Like 1

They most likely will never put a sd card slot on this, because of piracy and homebrew. Anything with a removable storage device is usually the gateway for hacking.

It sold out in many places already. In that case...

#CmonReggieGiveUsDaSNESMini

• 1 month later...

i saw the store selling this one but i was too distracted by buying the  solgaleo/lunala new 3DS XL ((.. yeah, after all this time i'm finally able to buy a 3ds. hopefully i'm not too late XD))

is it good as a console? ((besides nostalgia and classical beauty of old games, of course))

5 hours ago, Geo Stelar said:

is it good as a console? ((besides nostalgia and classical beauty of old games, of course))

From what I've heard, the HDMI output and upscaling are nice pluses, but at the end of the day it's a basic machine limited to 30 games.  The nostalgia factor in the design and games is one of its primary selling points to those that don't still have an NES and games.   

• Owner/Technical Admin

Not to mention it's (probably) cheaper then finding an original unit that works, along with the games and such.

I'm lucky to still have my original unit, had to replace the 72 pin connector inside, but once I did that, no issues.

• Like 1

I'm surprised no ones mentioned how short the cords on the controllers are. haha I'm not gonna go out of my way to get one, seeing as how I still have a NES. Being able to play them threw HDMI is a cool plus, considering how awful the original looks on a HDTV. If only they had a way of downloading NES games from the eShop to it. If I can find one for about $40 I'll probably pick it up, but I refuse to pay scalper prices for it. It's really not worth that much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 6:17 PM, OneUnder said:

NES_Classic_2.0.jpg

Given Nintendo's notoriety for shipping significantly limited amounts of their hardware, did anyone end up picking up the NES classic, or is anyone planning on picking it up?

I love the packaging and how close it seems to be compared to the original.  I wish they would have included an SD card slot somewhere for future game expansions. 

I don't think I'll be making a purchase though, since my NES works fine.  I just need to find enough space to have it hooked up to my television on a more permanent basis. :p

Want...want...want...want...