David201's Star Fox Observations and Theories

david201

11 hours ago, david201 said:

i keep thinking it references right hand side driving on cars

14 hours ago, david201 said:

to anyone who has played zero, has anyone ever noticed that on many of the cornerian or venomian capital ships, the bridge isn't centered? I mean the bridge is positioned slightly to the starboard side.

Kinda reminds of an aircraft carrier.

c44b6709254d4acf04ff0b1fd30846bc.jpg

Maybe that's what they were aiming for.

6 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

Kinda reminds of an aircraft carrier.

c44b6709254d4acf04ff0b1fd30846bc.jpg

Maybe that's what they were aiming for.

but many are battleships not carriers.

I made you your own thread and merged the others into it.  Please keep your additional headcanons, fanfiction ideas, and theories in this thread to avoid clutter of the General StarFox board.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We all know that Star Fox contains influences and references to the Star Wars Franchise, but I beg to question:

Where is the Force and where are the Jedis? You cant have star wars without jedis

Or is there anything in the games similar to the Force and are there characters similar to Jedi?

5 hours ago, General_Macbeth said:

Sry my asking but what kind of influences & references are there from SW?

the whole space combat concept, character personalities, and some scenes, ships and missions in the games being modeled after stuff from the Movies. its all in the wiki

Yet no jedi or force

4 hours ago, david201 said:

the whole space combat concept, character personalities, and some scenes, ships and missions in the games being modeled after stuff from the Movies. its all in the wiki

Yet no jedi or force

Maybe because there aren't any and having a massive energy field created by all living things that binds the galaxy together would have been too much. I mean, a rabbit, a fox, a falcon and frog are flying starfighters against a floating ape heads space armanda. Some would find that difficult to swallow as is.

7 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

Maybe because there aren't any and having a massive energy field created by all living things that binds the galaxy together would have been too much. I mean, a rabbit, a fox, a falcon and frog are flying starfighters against a floating ape heads space armanda. Some would find that difficult to swallow as is.

but would having something similar to jedis and the force have changed anything about how corneria fights?

Then again, the closest we have to jedis or the force is Krystal, cerinia, the Krazoa and sauria

9 hours ago, General_Macbeth said:

Lightsaber wielding Star Fox Members might be cool for FanArt Stuff but for Canon Material hard to make it legit.

3 hours ago, david201 said:

but would having something similar to jedis and the force have changed anything about how corneria fights?

Then again, the closest we have to jedis or the force is Krystal, cerinia, the Krazoa and sauria

I see where that would be cool, but I'm a firm believer that less is more. I mean swords and magic stories are everywhere. Its not that they're bad it's just so overused it doesn't become special anymore, just like the lightsabers in starwars.

As to the force, I lean more toward that as a thing than a laser sword. Maybe as less a narrative and more of a plot device making it essential to the story in someway rather than, "aw yeah, another cool thing to cram into an already cool universe!"

Because Star Fox is STAR FOX, not Star Wars, even with the references. And tbh, Star Fox has much more in common with various 1980s scifi anime despite that. Referencing something doesn't mean you wholesale literally copy every aspect of it.

7 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

I see where that would be cool, but I'm a firm believer that less is more. I mean swords and magic stories are everywhere. Its not that they're bad it's just so overused it doesn't become special anymore, just like the lightsabers in starwars.

As to the force, I lean more toward that as a thing than a laser sword. Maybe as less a narrative and more of a plot device making it essential to the story in someway rather than, "aw yeah, another cool thing to cram into an already cool universe!"

it would be cool to think of the idea of corneria deploying jedi-like elite soldiers into battle, with these soldiers cutting down enemy troops clone-wars style and using something similar to the force to destroy enemy vehicles.

3 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

Because Star Fox is STAR FOX, not Star Wars, even with the references. And tbh, Star Fox has much more in common with various 1980s scifi anime despite that. Referencing something doesn't mean you wholesale literally copy every aspect of it.

though the though of corneria deploying Jedi-like elite soldiers or an entire race similar to the jedi existing in the game sounds cool.

coould you not agree that krystal is the closest we got to a jedi in starfox?

Krystal is the closest in the same way I'm close to being the next Lebron James because we're both human beings.

She has vaguely defined maybe-psychic powers that sometimes Peppy also has and a magic staff that somehow resonates with an unrelated planet's actual magic. They are similar in tropes and that is all. The contexts are entirely different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

Krystal is the closest in the same way I'm close to being the next Lebron James because we're both human beings.

She has vaguely defined maybe-psychic powers that sometimes Peppy also has and a magic staff that somehow resonates with an unrelated planet's actual magic. They are similar in tropes and that is all. The contexts are entirely different.

though if people similar to jedi and a phenomenon similar to the force existed in the star fox universe would the cornerians take advantage of those instead of relying on mercenaries?

Corneria seems to be a very conservative, shut in society, so I doubt it. They banished Andross because they feared his advances in science even.

3 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

Corneria seems to be a very conservative, shut in society, so I doubt it. They banished Andross because they feared his advances in science even.

Exactly, now that I think of it telekinesis was one of Andross's abilities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

so for jedi-like people, if they existed in Corneria's past, at some point prior to andross's banishment, they would have been order 66'd out of lylat.

if People similar tot he jedi and a phenomenon similar tot he force existed in the Star Fox universe, What would Corneria think of them and How would they be treated in cornerian society?

How would criminals such as star wolf, bounty hunters, pirates, and mercs such as Star fox view and treat them?

Would corneria be able to find use for them in their military and in combat?

Andross' empire was one planet, the Galactic Empire is.... well, a galaxy. The power level scales aren't even close. :Y

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

Andross' empire was one planet, the Galactic Empire is.... well, a galaxy. The power level scales aren't even close. :Y

could star fox be able to take on an empire that spans a large portion of the galay by themselves?

13 hours ago, david201 said:

could star fox be able to take on an empire that spans a large portion of the galay by themselves?

Short answer: No. Not without god-level plot armoring at least.

Longer answer: a highlight reel from various analysis sources:

• A range of 10 - 100 million times the speed of light for Star Wars hyperdrives (a minimum of 1.2 million times).
  • Ship gun yields range from kilotons to teratons (trillion tons) of TNT.
  • For Slave One specifically the missile yield is about 190 megatons of TNT, the "seismic charge" yield is about 12 gigatons (billion tons).

Yeah... Andross is cremated toast barring that super-tripple-mega-awesome-Gary-Stu level plot armor I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rusakov said:

Short answer: No. Not without god-level plot armoring at least.

Longer answer: a highlight reel from various analysis sources:

• A range of 10 - 100 million times the speed of light for Star Wars hyperdrives (a minimum of 1.2 million times).
  • Ship gun yields range from kilotons to teratons (trillion tons) of TNT.
  • For Slave One specifically the missile yield is about 190 megatons of TNT, the "seismic charge" yield is about 12 gigatons (billion tons).

Yeah... Andross is cremated toast barring that super-tripple-mega-awesome-Gary-Stu level plot armor I mentioned earlier.

plot armor the strongest armor in the universe

Oh jeez this guy is posting about Star Wars stuff in SF in one other thread too. O_o

Is this going to be like Numbers doing his Space Battleship Yamato idiocy again? I don't think I have the heart to go through another debacle as such. :mad:

• Like 1

On 30/09/2017 at 0:21 PM, Rusakov said:

Is this going to be like Numbers doing his Space Battleship Yamato idiocy again? I don't think I have the heart to go through another debacle as such. :mad:

This guy is numbers. I thought that was common knowledge. His account got a restriction or something so he made that david201 account.

• Haha 2