SNES Classic will include Star Fox 2

DZComposer

It's actually happening: Star Fox 2 getting an official release!

http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Though it will be on the SNES classic system. Better pre-order one, because if it's anything like the NES classic, getting one will be difficult.

• Like 9

..I've been waiting my whole life for this moment.

From the bottom of my heart Nintendo, thank you so much.... =')

• Like 1

OOOOOOOHH, I NEED A JOB. I NEEEEED THIS THING, NOW! o-o

PRE ORDERING THIS LIKE FUCKING WHOA WHEN I CAN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ill laugh if this outsells Zero purely on Starfox 2 alone

ALSO CANT WAIT FOR THEM TASTY ROM RIPS

LETS GO

• Like 2

Have you guys seen the new official art and official logo for Star Fox 2 yet?

H2x1_SNES_Starfox2_image800w.jpg

• Like 1

I'll wait for an announcement for Japan, importing that thing from overseas will likely be more expensive.

Have you guys seen the new official art and official logo for Star Fox 2 yet?

H2x1_SNES_Starfox2_image800w.jpg

sfx2team.PNG

Heh.

I just heard the Super NES Classic Edition will only have 20 games available when you first start it up. All but Star Fox 2 will available. To unlock Star Fox 2, you need to beat the Corneria level in Star Fox at least once.

Here's a link to a tweet about it from Nintendo.

But holy cow, I never thought this game would have an official release so long after the game was made.

• Like 2

What? Are they...finally listening to us? ...

latest?cb=20110214095647

Is...this real?

I wonder if it's going to be the same late beta ROM that was leaked, or if Nintendo is going to put some spitshine on and iron out all of the remaining kinks, and maybe even re-enable multiplayer from the older alpha. Either way I'm as surprised as I am glad SF2 is finally getting an official release!

Next stop: Make the Virutal Boy Classic with the unreleased VR Star Fox!

star fox virtual boy.jpg

What? Are they...finally listening to us? ...

latest?cb=20110214095647

Is...this real?

Not in a million years mind you :T

While I am still shocked their finally releasing the game my only question is this: Why at this point in time? Star Fox 2 isn't technically a SNES Classic nor a gem (Considering the game never came out aside from the presentations.), even if the internet is fully aware of the game I really don't think this game shouldn't be part of the "SNES Classics Edition". Sorry for stopping the hype train right here, But this is my opinion and I feel Nintendo is including the game just to rake in the money :/

But this is my opinion and I feel Nintendo is including the game just to rake in the money :/

I say it's a good thing. If Nintendo sees money in Star Fox, that means they're going to focus on it more. Win-win for them and us.

• Like 1

I say it's a good thing. If Nintendo sees money in Star Fox, that means they're going to focus on it more. Win-win for them and us.

That's a big maybe and if for me though. And besides knowing Nintendo they'll try to make another reboot of Starfox and try to be """"Inovating"""" to the game. 

I wonder if it's going to be the same late beta ROM that was leaked, or if Nintendo is going to put some spitshine on and iron out all of the remaining kinks, and maybe even re-enable multiplayer from the older alpha.

You obviously have not read this old thread of mine.

Oh hell yes. We will finally get to see the game in all it's glory. Made sure to get my pre-order in early, there is no way I'm not getting this.

Not in a million years mind you :T

While I am still shocked their finally releasing the game my only question is this: Why at this point in time? Star Fox 2 isn't technically a SNES Classic nor a gem (Considering the game never came out aside from the presentations.), even if the internet is fully aware of the game I really don't think this game shouldn't be part of the "SNES Classics Edition". Sorry for stopping the hype train right here, But this is my opinion and I feel Nintendo is including the game just to rake in the money :/

Maybe because it's a Nintendo gem to TO US and now releasing it to satisfy those gamers they alienated for so long...or maybe they ran out of ideas after Super Mario Odyssey... Seriously, have you seen that trailer? They are going so far as borderline ripping off Sonic 06. I mean that's like ripping a homeless man's shirt off his back and claiming it as their own shirt. Nintendo is dying my brethren, the end is coming. Brace yourself for the apocalypse.

I'm hoping SFX games can came to VC now, though. Here's why I have hope: The NES Classic.

The NES Classic was not one of those 'NES on a Chip' devices like those you could by at flea markets and shit that are full of pirated ROMs. It was an ARM-Cortex-based computer. The CPU in it is actually faster than the one in the 3DS. What does that mean? It means that the NES Classic was not running the NES games natively, it is quite clearly an emulation box. The SNES Classic I would wager is the exact same hardware, perhaps a little bit more RAM, programmed to run an SNES emulator instead of an NES one. That means that Nintendo has gone and added SFX support to their emulator. This means we could, maybe, see VC releases of SFX games now as Nintendo has finally done the requisite work.

So, perhaps Star Fox, Star Fox 2, and the original version of Yoshi's Island can come to VC on the Switch (if the Switch ever gets VC........)

I wonder if it's going to be the same late beta ROM that was leaked, or if Nintendo is going to put some spitshine on and iron out all of the remaining kinks, and maybe even re-enable multiplayer from the older alpha. Either way I'm as surprised as I am glad SF2 is finally getting an official release!

Dylan Cuthbert has said on multiple occasions that Nintendo has a complete finished build of SF2. The one floating around on the internet is not complete. It's buggy as hell and Dylan has said that it is missing some key features.

Honestly, we owe Dylan and the Argonaut team a lot for this happening. This quote from Dylan tells is why this is possible:

"Even after the decision was made we went ahead and completed it, taking it to be fully QA'd through Mario Club. During development [of Star Fox Command] we received a copy of the mastered Star Fox 2 ROM to play, and it was quite a blast."

Yeah, they finished it AFTER Nintendo canned it. We owe those guys BIG TIME for this moment.

I think it's pretty clear that the version we're getting is the one that got the Mario Club treatment (Mario Club is Nintendo's testing and debug house). The leaked build is just too buggy for release.

• Like 3

This is HUGE

Finally people will be able to play the actual FINISHED game rather than that leaked beta version of this game. And that leaked beta is already a fantastic gem of a game. Easily my 2nd favorite Star Fox game. I wonder if the finished product will able to be my favorite.

Also:

>Faye and Miyu are now in an officially released Star Fox game

Its about time

I preordered as soon as I saw it.

Hahahahahahaaa, you can't stop the hype train!