Fan fiction discussion.

Four-eyed Vulpine

Having punched my muse into submission, i have drawn another document from the confines of my limitless insanity.

this time, rather than a song fic or a philosophic pandering, its a philosophic pandering as told by a grizzled marine core operative. Have fun and give feed back plz.

http://starfox-online.net/topic/10183-vignetees/

Did i do something wrong? Heh

Check me out sometime on FF.net, ill send you a link once the first chap is posted. Im Phoenix Ray.

Nah you're fine. I thought you posting to the thread would constitute "dredging" but since its pinned its all good :D

I will definitely look for you on fanfiction!

Nah you're fine. I thought you posting to the thread would constitute "dredging" but since its pinned its all good :D

I will definitely look for you on fanfiction!

Thanks! Do you have an account? Let me know and i will follow you.

I have an interesting idea that is kind of radical but me and Tobias Umbra want to run with it. Here it goes:

Star Fox is devasted by the final battle on Venom. Falco, Slippy and Peppy are killed in the conflict, leaving Fox the sole survivor. He retires a hero with one final paycheck from Pepper though he suffers from depression and Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder (PTSD). He struggles to integrate back into civilian life on Corneria but manages to make a few friends who hold him together. Fara Phoenix tries to bring some life back into her old flame but it's a pair of OC's, Jacob (my main OC from my main fic) and a lioness named Jezel that start to turn him around. But Fox is changed, hardened even. It's clear that he's not the same person and after he reforms Star Fox with new members (Miyu, Fay, and Fara with Jacob and Jezel as support) it becomes clear that Fox is heading down some dark roads.

Thoughts?

With Tobias Umbra? I'm hooked right away, even more so after I read the gist of the plot. I'm gonna have to read me a piece of that as soon as you post it, good luck working on it :)

With Tobias Umbra? I'm hooked right away, even more so after I read the gist of the plot. I'm gonna have to read me a piece of that as soon as you post it, good luck working on it :-)

Thanks! Tobias is collaborating much more on our other fic, SOL, but he'll certainly have a say in this one.

To clarify to people who are interested, work may begin on this as soon as tomorrow, and with my style this may see the light of day the next morning. Once i start, i usually work all day, providing im not interrupted, and i may get this of the ground very quickly. Ive done my planning for about a week and I am ready to get started!

Yeah, I dug around FF to find your account and I'm reading SOL now. I'm a slow reader but so far it's good, you can probably handle the type of tone you need to pull off your new story idea. I'll make sure to drop a more in depth review on it later. (and "SOL" was an acronym I considered for one of my starfox fics too, except in this case it would've been Seeds of Lylat. I think I should probably work on a backup title or two in this case :lol:)

Yeah, I dug around FF to find your account and I'm reading SOL now. I'm a slow reader but so far it's good, you can probably handle the type of tone you need to pull off your new story idea. I'll make sure to drop a more in depth review on it later. (and "SOL" was an acronym I considered for one of my starfox fics too, except in this case it would've been Seeds of Lylat. I think I should probably work on a backup title or two in this case :lol:)

Ehh (embarrassed) SOL is going to be revised when me and Tobias find the desire to work on it, that first chapter was like a warm up for me as i get back into writing (as are some of the other fics as well). I really dont think its up to my usual quality.

Yeah, so far I'm seeing a bit of a problem with info dumping, but you've still got the right frame for a promising story, you just need to smoothen some edges. It's perfectly fine for just being a warm up exercise, so I'll be looking forward to what you can do at your best potential :-)

EDIT: Also got around to reviewing SOL

Yeah, so far I'm seeing a bit of a problem with info dumping, but you've still got the right frame for a promising story, you just need to smoothen some edges. It's perfectly fine for just being a warm up exercise, so I'll be looking forward to what you can do at your best potential :-)

EDIT: Also got around to reviewing SOL

My internet connection is freaking out so sorry for any delay, yeah rough is being niic to it. Thanks for the review though, ill read it if i can get my computer to work :)

Thanks! Do you have an account? Let me know and i will follow you.

I actually don't have an account, I am just a lurker lol. I had half the mind to start one when I was working on a fanfic of my own, but it quickly spiraled out of control and I still can't figure out where to go from where I left it :( . So many ideas but can't tell which one I like the most.

Fanfiction.net came out with a new update that lets you upload cover art for your stories. That's actually pretty neat, it'd do a lot more to attract reviewers than a tiny summary would ever manage. Looks like old fics are using the author's avatar as cover art by default for now, I'm sure that you can go to individual stories and give them unique pics later. Now, if only the site would let you set the search function so you can see K thru M fics automatically <_<

Fanfiction.net came out with a new update that lets you upload cover art for your stories. That's actually pretty neat, it'd do a lot more to attract reviewers than a tiny summary would ever manage. Looks like old fics are using the author's avatar as cover art by default for now, I'm sure that you can go to individual stories and give them unique pics later. Now, if only the site would let you set the search function so you can see K thru M fics automatically <_<

I saw that, i haven't tried it yet though.

I've started posting a few fics 'round here, though I don't publish works on FF until they're complete, which I haven't achieved with any story as of yet. (except for one crack fic based on The Room, I just publish chapters on that whenever I feel like it) I'd probably commission Myu to do a cover that could look good in a resize, once I get around to publishing more on the 'net.

Just an update here, me and Tobias are currently writing his sequel to A Cold Night in Hell. It will feature my OC Alice and Miyu Lynx along with his usual cast. Not sure when the first chap will be posted but keep in touch. :)

Just an update here, me and Tobias are currently writing his sequel to A Cold Night in Hell. It will feature my OC Alice and Miyu Lynx along with his usual cast. Not sure when the first chap will be posted but keep in touch. :-)

Will it be posted on your FF site? I have seriously been hitting refresh every few days on your page to see if you have posted anything new but nothing came up! :(

Will it be posted on your FF site? I have seriously been hitting refresh every few days on your page to see if you have posted anything new but nothing came up! :(

It's not on FF.net yet but i can send you a preview if you want.

That's awesome, I've been waiting for a sequel.

It's not on FF.net yet but i can send you a preview if you want.

Sure, if you are willing to share!

Alright, so I got an idea to shoot out here. Venom has invaded Sauria for ---(insert the blank reason related to the war effort between Corneria vs Venom). The idea I have currently is that they are reviving the work of Dr. Andross' bioweapons research and "breeding" organic starship hulls on the planet (they chose Sauria since it was far away, not inhabited by Cornerian military and not considered of much value). These will be used to create new fighters to fight in the civil war that is occurring between Corneria and Venom. Otherwise it'll be back to the drawing board. Currently having a hard time with the chapter I started working on because of my apparent weakness in giving somewhat supernatural powers to characters and describing it well, and the fact that the idea I just gave above isn't really very 'there' yet.

Opinions?

Sure, if you are willing to share!

Alright, so I got an idea to shoot out here. Venom has invaded Sauria for ---(insert the blank reason related to the war effort between Corneria vs Venom). The idea I have currently is that they are reviving the work of Dr. Andross' bioweapons research and "breeding" organic starship hulls on the planet (they chose Sauria since it was far away, not inhabited by Cornerian military and not considered of much value). These will be used to create new fighters to fight in the civil war that is occurring between Corneria and Venom. Otherwise it'll be back to the drawing board. Currently having a hard time with the chapter I started working on because of my apparent weakness in giving somewhat supernatural powers to characters and describing it well, and the fact that the idea I just gave above isn't really very 'there' yet.

Opinions?

Give me an email and ill send it to you. No virus i swear :)

Give me an email and ill send it to you. No virus i swear :-)

Lol

ITS A TRAP!

I'll PM it to you :)

• 1 month later...

Found my fic. Going to go over it, add a TON of ideas that i've been getting and seeing throughout my story, and continue it from there. Name is StarFox - Avenged

If anyone already knew about my fanfic i've been working on, "Star Fox - Avenged" on fanfiction.net, i'm going to start earlier than where it originally started, and i'm going to re-write a ton of the story, while keeping all of it at the same time. I'm simply going to make it longer, better, and more detailed, putting the readers deeper into the Star Fox Universe. My fanfic isn't more my own version of the story. More of the details that weren't explained, holes being filled where questions may be asked, and details of the game itself, that way even those who havn't played ANY of the games will, after reading my stories, want to see the world i've described to them, and even be able to tell what will happen during the mission they're playing, ect. It will cover not just the Star Fox crew, original and new, but also their families, people who inspired them to be the people they are as we know them, and even some original characters for between games. Willing to take any and all suggestions. I'll be posting my "rough drafts" on here, and after i see that people here are content with it, i'll start posting it elsewhere. It's going to be an awesome story, and I hope everyone who decides to read it will see this not as something they need to play the game to understand, but just another story where they will begin to understand everything without having to pick up a controller.

• 3 weeks later...