GC titles worth buying

Guest 'spatchofrust

Guest 'spatchofrust

Howdy friends, though i do own a GameCube, the X Box gets most of my play time... Halo2 LAN. XD

If anyone has any good suggestions for games that are worth buying, please post them here. Multiplayer would play a big part in my purchase, though.

heres my gc suggestions...

TimeSplitters 2

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Sonic Mega Collection

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Sonic Heroes

Starfox Assault (duh)

Mario Kart Double Dash

Super Monkey Ball 2 (best multiplayer ever!)

F-Zero GX

Guest Aaron

Well the only online Cube titles are Splinter Cell 2 and 3 (I think) and Phantasy Star Online. If you like real time RPGs I highly recommend Phantasy Star Online.

If you're looking for some offline multiplayer then you gotta check out Super Smash Brothers Melee and F-Zero GX, two simply awesome games. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes also have an offline multiplayer mode, though I don't know how it is since I've no one to play it with me.

As far as single player games, the aforementioned Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is, in my opinion, a must own for the cube, as is the first Metroid Prime. I'd recommend playing Prime 1 before 2, otherwise 2 will own you with a large branding iron.

Other great single player games include Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, StarFox Adventures (of course), Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (though only if you like MGS) and, if you're looking for something darker and more mature, Eternal Darkness is a masterpiece of game design.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 are also quite a bit of fun if you like that sort of gameplay, and I believe 2 has some multiplayer.

Those are just the 'cube exclusives (though the last two you can get on dreamcast, but whatever) there are tons of other great games that you can also get on other platforms, and theres even more exclusive games for the 'cube you may want to check out, but the ones listed above are my personal favorites, and what I believe to be the best of the bunch.

Hope that helps.

SSBM

All Sonic titles

Metroid Prime

Tales of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Phantasy Star Online (if you can find it)

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

All zelda games are worth buying but thats just me of course since i love the series :shock:

hm others i have to say are:

SSMB

resident evil 4

starfox assualt(of course)

metroid echos

starfox adventures(of course as well)

and i say any sonic game their is for ngc

this is what I got off of my game informers I think I missed some

super smash bros mele

mario party 6

star fox assault

metriod prime and echos

donky kong jungle beat

mario kart double dash

time spliters future perfect

need for speed under ground 2

vietiful joe 2

Guest FullMetal Kuradoberi

Phantasy Star Online is a MUST! Although, its recent sequel PSO 3: C.A.R.D. Revolution was a tad "iffy". Yeah, it was relatively cheap and stuff, but gameplay was slow and not to entertaining. But it was challenging beyond reason. Meh. Another SonicTeam game that shouldn't be overlooked is Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg! Now THERE'S a GC Title worth having! The multiplayer was awesome, you could hatch characters like Sonic, Tails, Rag Rappy, Samba, NiGHTS, even Super Sonic to crush your friends! And the bubbly music lol I had it stuck in my head for a LONG time XD

wind waker

metroid prime 1 and 2

sonic games

SSBM

SCII

Starfox games

the mario party games

the mario tennis and double dash were good too

Tales of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Animal crossing

Harvest Moon was good

Burnout 1 and 2

Gauntlet Legends dark legacy

Kirby Air Ride wasnt too bad

need for speed

thats all i can think of at the moment

• 1 month later...
Guest John Doe

IKARUGA

Old School Vertical Scrolling Shoot'em Up with Old School Difficulty.

In other words, IT'S BLOODY HARD!

So Good for a challenge

Starfox series Definitely...

SSMB of course...

Resident Evil series

Sonic series

James Bond series

Defender

Day of the Reckoning

Those are all my games that worth it.