Star Fox Music Fan Findings (Remixes, etc.)

Infinity

I finished my piece :friends:  Musescore stated to glitch though, and it started to place barlines every where, and it started to cut off instruments near the end. I'm going to try and fix this.  The Mp3 was to big to upload so here is a link to my piece. http://musescore.com/user/78342/scores/115977

Star_Fox_64_Ending_Theme.pdf

Yeah, musescore is buggy and crashy as hell..

I wanted to find some kind of open source, or better version of Anvil Studio, but I haven't found one yet..

I'm going to try and install Nightly, and update Musescore 1.3. Or just go through the coding of Musescore 1.2 :cool:

I see much improvement since your last piece.

Still some minor voicing issues, but nothing terrible. Some areas I feel are a little too thin, while others have a lot of nice nonmelody stuff going on. Also, where is the percussion section?

Also, most of your score has it in 5/4. Most of the original, however, is in common 4/4. There is only one 5/4 bar in the original. I notice a lot of things tieing over the bar line. There is nothing wrong with changing a time signature in an arrangement, but you have to make the piece move in that time signature. In your piece, you're in 5/4 on paper but a listener would peg it in 4/4 because it has a 4/4 cadence.

The score needs some serious clean-up, though. One page was full of double bar lines with nothing in the measures and you have whole measures of rest broken down as far as 128th rests.

Thanks, I have tried to get rid of the page with the barlines but when I did it corrupted my last file and deleted the whole thing. I will try to get rid of the barlines though. I'm going to add a Snare Drum part later, and I might make the piece 4/4th time. I'm also going to go back and fix the parts that sound thin, and the parts that sound too heavy.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I found this today. Some swearing if that actually offends you. If not it's pretty hilarious.

• 4 weeks later...

Have some updates on my project yo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/114986671/stageclear1.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/114986671/map64.mp3

• Like 1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/114986671/corneria64.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/114986671/eladard.mp3

That's because I'm replicating F-Zero X's style of music. :-P

I'm putting the SNES Star Fox tunes in N64 style. Basically what if Nintendo decided to remix the SNES stuff for Star Fox 64 instead of what they did. F-Zero X's instrumentation for Band Version tunes and SF64/OoT/MM's instrumentation for Orchestral stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

How about some Starfox on the pipe organ?  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBIfqKhnGY

I've been playing on-and-off with some pipe organ VST's I've had on my computer since forever. I think I downloaded them a couple years ago to do some spooky Halloween music for a haunted house project I did with some friends of mine (my old keyboard only has a rather unintimidating Hammond organ sound, so I played the VST organ via MIDI). There were three different types in there (a typical big church organ, something called a theater organ, and a super huge one based on the Wanamaker Organ that barely works). Each organ has it's own particular style of sound, and each one can produce all manner of weird sounds that you wouldn't think an organ could produce. 

I highly recommend listening to these through some good speakers or headphones ;)

You didn't just pick the Tutti. You actually used stops. :yes:

Check your chords, though. I'm hearing some strange dissonance in there. In Zoness, perhaps don't use the bottom of the pedal register there at the end. The harmonics just don't work.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand what you're trying to do with the Corneria one. It was also clipping really bad at the end.

Aquas was the best one.

With a little refinement, these would be awesome.

On the subject of giant pipe organs, I really wish the Atlantic City Convention Hall Organ would get fully restored. That thing's a beast.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand what you're trying to do with the Corneria one. It was also clipping really bad at the end.

Yeah, that one was more experimental. I was toying around with it and added in a piano voice, and it just didn't blend at all (it's one of tune, for starters). There were also a lot of literal bells and whistles, which I think I might've abused (just a little bit :-P). The "clipping" you're hearing is actually a snare drum roll. It was all done on the fly, so I didn't really any real idea about how it'd come out. I'm not really an organ expert, so I probably made 9000 errors.

Speaking of the Atlantic City organ, I actually have this LP from the '50s called "Bach on the Biggest", which is probably the closest we'll probably ever come to hearing the organ at full capacity. Sadly, it sounded like someone threw a heavy blanket over the thing. It does have a truckload of bass, though.

Well, I went back and redid the Corneria theme, and I also added in the intro and finale to turn it into a more fleshed-out medley. It does sound more balanced than the old one, at least to my ears.

I also did the finale on the concert organ, for a bit (or a lot) of contrast. Sadly, some of the voices got muddled and some stops accidentally turned themselves off. Still sounds completely awesome :D