Krystal needs a last name. >:\

Leon_279

Guest Julius Quasar

I'm not even going to comment on that.k_e_rolleyes.gif

You still have to think about the fact that Buranetto is from the french  game therefore it could mean anything once translated.

yeah, I know...it just don't suit her, though..."Buranetto"

...those French could've picked a worse name, tho

there's lots of attractive French last names out there, you think they woulda used one of those.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• ndf

• Falcory

• Chitty-Chitty-Bum-Bum~

Googling Buranetto brings almost exclusively Krystal-related results.The only other result was a scientist named "Buranetto Reiru" in Japan, but few enough hits to count on one hand.

The French Wikipedia has changed the title to "Krystal (Star Fox)."

Discussion page:

Il faut renommer l'article Kystal (Starfox). J'ai lu Buranetto dans la liste des persos de Star Fox et je l'aie remise, je me suis trompé. --User:Hyliad 17:11 (CCT)

Ok. J'ai renommé Krystal (Starfox) par erreur, ce devrait être Krystal (Star Fox). J'ai fait une demande sur WP:DR. Jean-Fred (d) 22 février 2009 à 17:41 (CET)

All-your-base-a-rific Google translation:

It should rename the article Kystal (Starfox). Buranetto I read in the list of characters from Star Fox and I have surrendered, I was mistaken. - User: Hyliad 17:11 (CTC)

Ok I changed the name of Krystal (Starfox) by mistake, it should be Krystal (Star Fox). I made a request on WP: DR. Jean-Fred (d) 22 February 2009 17:41 (CET)

I'm starting to doubt the authenticity of the name, I have yet to find an official source for it. Image and video searches bring up nothing in-game.

• 2 months later...

Il faut renommer l'article Kystal (Starfox). J'ai lu Buranetto dans la liste des persos de Star Fox et je l'aie remise, je me suis trompé. --User:Hyliad 17:11 (CCT)

Ok. J'ai renommé Krystal (Starfox) par erreur, ce devrait être Krystal (Star Fox). J'ai fait une demande sur WP:DR. Jean-Fred (d) 22 février 2009 à 17:41 (CET)

Actual translation for old post:

One must rename the Krystal article (Starfox). I read Buranetto in the list of StarFox characters and I put it back in. I messed up. --User:Hyliad 17:11 (CCT)

Okay. I renamed Krystal (Starfox) by mistake, it should be Krystal (Star Fox). I made a question on WP:DR. Jean-Fred (d) 22 février 2009 à 17:41 (CET)

I think we'd need some context here to know what's going on, really.

Also, her last name should be Blueberry, for obvious reasons. :9

I always considered it to be Vixen before I knew she didn't have one.

I don't think she should have a last name, it adds to the mysteriousness of her character don't you think?

I don't think she should have a last name, it adds to the mysteriousness of her character don't you think?

Mysteriousness is all well and good so long as you have a hint that the mystery will eventually be revealed. Unfortunately, we don't really have that promise with Krystal, as the games haven't even given tidbits of her past beyond the initial Adventures exposition.

How does this relate? I think she -ought- to have a last name (this doesn't include McCloud, because that would only happen within the timeline we've already seen and do nothing to explain who she really is), just because a last name implies she has a history. It would be a good step toward actually working on her character and fleshing her out, which she is in dire need of.

Mysteriousness is all well and good so long as you have a hint that the mystery will eventually be revealed. Unfortunately, we don't really have that promise with Krystal, as the games haven't even given tidbits of her past beyond the initial Adventures exposition.

How does this relate? I think she -ought- to have a last name (this doesn't include McCloud, because that would only happen within the timeline we've already seen and do nothing to explain who she really is), just because a last name implies she has a history. It would be a good step toward actually working on her character and fleshing her out, which she is in dire need of.

agreeed she needs a History if she's going to become a key member in the Mccloud family.

agreeed she needs a History if she's going to become a key member in the Mccloud family.

I was thinking a key member in the StarFox franchise, really. She can become Fox's wife any old time, but she'll be nothing more than a doormat without proper fleshing-out.

I was thinking a key member in the StarFox franchise, really. She can become Fox's wife any old time, but she'll be nothing more than a doormat without proper fleshing-out.

That too ,but I think If James has a history Krystal should get one when becoming a McCloud I think that kinda outweighs the key member thing sightly.

That too ,but I think If James has a history Krystal should get one when becoming a McCloud I think that kinda outweighs the key member thing sightly.

My beef with that is that she'd be feeding off the McCloud legacy. Far too often are women defined by "their man." She needs her own past before Fox starts shaping it for her. I know I sound like a feminist (funny, since I'm a guy IRL), but Krystal is suffering from a severe case of "Token Female," and that needs to be fixed. Part of what endeared her to me in Command is that she broke away from Fox to some extent and held her own, but unfortunately that meant she just latched onto another guy. If it weren't so depressing, I'd have preferred the "Kursed" ending to just about every other one simply because she made her own way in life.

Also, new last name idea: Toad. :lol:

My beef with that is that she'd be feeding off the McCloud legacy. Far too often are women defined by "their man." She needs her own past before Fox starts shaping it for her. I know I sound like a feminist (funny, since I'm a guy IRL), but Krystal is suffering from a severe case of "Token Female," and that needs to be fixed. Part of what endeared her to me in Command is that she broke away from Fox to some extent and held her own, but unfortunately that meant she just latched onto another guy. If it weren't so depressing, I'd have preferred the "Kursed" ending to just about every other one simply because she made her own way in life.

Also, new last name idea: Toad. :lol:

Your kidding me.

anyway I ment that she needs  her own History  before she gets married.

Your kidding me.

anyway I ment that she needs  her own History  before she gets married.

I was kidding, yes.

And oh! Then we agree (though I'm a fan of her not getting married, but that's another topic for another thread). Must've misread your post.

I could have reworded it to make it better my fault. (Well I'm for her getting married after all she needs to continue her race even if she has to be out of the action for 2-3-4 months.(Considering she's a Fox not a human)

How about we not view her as a trophey.

I think they should reveal krystal's  last name on the next Star Fox game... (Name? When?  ... Nobody knows O_o)

And if Fox,Falco, Slippy and Peppy have a last name, why not Krystal? (She is not a "Newbie" for Star Fox games anymore!)

There isn't so much information about the history of characters.

I think they should reveal krystal's  last name on the next Star Fox game... (Name? When?   ... Nobody knows O_o)

And if Fox,Falco, Slippy and Peppy have a last name, why not Krystal? (She is not a "Newbie" for Star Fox games anymore!)

There isn't so much information about the history of characters.

If I recall Krystal is the Only Starfox member or Starwolf member without a last name SHE NEEDs ONE EVEN PANTHER HAs a last name and he doesn't have a history.

Agree, just like you said before, Even Panther have a last name.... And Krystal don't have...  O_o

And i bet that the next Star fox game, they will not reveal her last name. And i think this question will live forever.  :|

Cool ideas, but really? Not everything has to be analyzed, honestly. O_o

My point exactly!

^^

But i think this is something that they should reveal about her. she don't have a deep story, but maybe the last name she should have.

But anyway. With last name or not, she still Krystal.

And i prefer her with no last name  o_O

^^

But i think this is something that they should reveal about her. she don't have a deep story, but maybe the last name she should have.

But anyway. With last name or not, she still Krystal.

And i prefer her with no last name  ^_^

Dude, we don't even know her past. Personally I think Krystal is a character whose past should stay unexplained. It adds an air of mystery to her.