What are you currently playing?

DoctorAllosaurus

besides the obvious (starfox zero and guard) I also been playign the HD remake of Battlezone (full name battlezone 98 redux), mechwarrior online, and the snes mechwarrior game

Ghost In The Shell: First Assault's being offered for free this weekend on Steam. I'm gonna get a slice of the futuristic 2030 Tokyo pie.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Starfox Zero mostly.

I finally managed to get a hold of OPUS: The Day We Found Earth on PC. I played the demo of it on my tablet and was in utter love with it, so I'm really looking forward to sitting down tonight and playing it.

I've also gotten back into Skullgirls. Yep, still taking an utter ass beating the moment I step online...

• 4 weeks later...

Overwatch is pretty damn good, but I'm getting burnt out on it pretty quick. Not quite as good of a community as TF2 had - it seems to be comprised more of the hostile moba-style I'M GOING MLG gamers who whine about not getting play of the game.

Got my wings on Overwatch. Aww yeaaahh.

50 minutes ago, navisXD said:

looks like i'm the one who doesn't have Overwatch yet :(

Don't sweat it. By the time I get my own capable PC or PS4 (With the internet subscription), I'll be two generations older.

Got to playin' Hyrule Warriors: Legends 

Ranting time. (Spoilers!)

Spoiler

I was disappointed to find it to be nothing more than a direct port of the original with added content.

I was SUPER disappointed, however, to find none of the problems I had with the original fixed, the biggest being the useless AI. In some cases, I could still take the ENTIRE BLOODY MAP before my allies can take out just ONE MEASLY STALCHILD! The new command system is also bloody pointless, and VERY underutilized! The only allies you can command are character allies, and that's ONLY on specific maps, and because they are so useless as an AI, the command systems ONLY use is putting them to wherever so you can switch to them later. That's it! That's stupid! Why can't I get my army to do things, too!? THE ENEMY IS RIGHT THERE, ASSAULTING YOUR KEEP! WTF ARE YA DOING JUST STANDING THERE!?!? 

This game's saving grace, though, is that that's pretty much it. Destroying thousands of enemies per battle can still be addictive and amusing if you're in the right mood, the new Fairy Caring feature is quite fun in a few ways, and adds a good layer of icing to a cake that would otherwise become boring to look at too long.

My favourite character so far happens to be Volga. It was Lana until I played him, and I'm pretty sure that's not gonna change, even once I've unlocked all the characters! To me, his personality is exactly what players need in this game. He, and other characters like my second favorite, the Skull Kid, makes the uselessness of the AI so much easier to bear, because these two don't care who's side their on, so we don't have to as much, either. They just want some challenge, and I'll assume that's what we want, too, because otherwise, that's when it'll become that boring cake I mentioned earlier.

I'm no reviewer yet, but if you're asking now whether or not I liked the game after this rant, I did! I just don't like how bloody useless the AI is. They're just there to make the game look like an army vs army game, when really, it isn't. It's first and foremost, a hack and slash game, and it at least does this well enough, and then some. I recommend it! If you're looking to feel like the strongest badass since the DBZ characters, you can find it here!

On a side note, I'm finding myself muuuch appreciative of Fox's allies in Star Fox Zero.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing Ty The Tasmanian Tiger as a suggestion from a friend, and I've been enjoying it so far. It's a nice little platformer despite getting lost in a rather large beach level, but it helps that I really like beach levels in games so I don't mind it much.

• Like 1

I more or less binge played Need For Speed - The Run on my laptop. I thoroughly enjoyed it; it's my personal favorite in the series so far. The only quip I have with it is the fact that it's a more 'mature' entry in the series (PEGI 16), and there's not much to do after completing the main story mode.

• 2 weeks later...

In the spirit of its recent release, I've decided to revisit the original Doom franchise at its roots.

I've been playing this really wierd game that came out not too long ago called 'Welcome To The Game'. I don't think I'm allowed to say anything about it (I think it breaks the rules here), but the only thing I think I'm allowed to say about it is it involves a Deep Web simulation. It is an amazingly freaky and scary game. I haven't been this paranoid since FnaF4.

I just got myself and started playing the first 2 Pikmin games; I got the Wii copy of the first one and the 2nd one for the Gamecube. I don't know where to find the Gamecube copy of the first one but I wanted that copy of Pikmin 2 because I have the Gamecube in my room and the Wii in the living room and I prefer to play the game in private. I got interested in the game series since my favorite LPer did an LP of the series.

On 7/2/2016 at 2:20 AM, valkiriforce said:

I've been playing Ty The Tasmanian Tiger as a suggestion from a friend, and I've been enjoying it so far. It's a nice little platformer despite getting lost in a rather large beach level, but it helps that I really like beach levels in games so I don't mind it much.

These games were overlooked, but they definitely provided a good time.  I had the first two, but haven't played them in years.

---

I've been playing some Overwatch on PS4 as of late.  Some of the maps have terribly-designed choke points, and a number of heroes still need nerfing/buffing, but it is fun with friends.  I wish aiming was less clunky on console though; I would've purchased it on PC, but then I wouldn't have been able to play with those aforementioned friends. 

I got Rhythm Heaven Megamix for the 3DS a few days ago, I've been playing that a little bit. I haven't played a rhythm type game in a while, so this is a breath of fresh air. The mini-games are fun, it reminds me of Wario Ware, in a way. I plan to pick back up on Star Fox Zero, once I get home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So as the per the recommendations of every-bloody-one on the Internet, I finally have my wings on Endless Space. I love it; it's not often I get to sit down and play a slower, more strategic game.

I'm working on Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective for the DS.  It's a wonderfully underrated mystery thriller, with incredible animation and well-orchestrated music to boot.  If you enjoyed Phoenix Wright and similar visual-novel games, you'll love this one.

In Dark Souls II (the hated sequel before the arrival of Dark Souls III) is actually not that hard until you level up (considerably). But seriously I felt it went a direction that befitted the first game, a narrative that became seriously lost with the ascent of DS3. Its focus was ridding ones self of the curse, the curse of the undead whereas in the first game it was simply about the First Flame and relighting it with the souls you had collected from the Four Great Ones.

DS2's main quest is similar but with the vital difference that the curse of the undead is taking a toll on humanity. It shifted its focus on the undead and their plight to maintain being human to prevent going Hollow, becoming so fargone you lose everything you are. Thus this resumes a cycle the Gwyn the lord of Sunlight started to keep the First Flame from going out, by having humans be the fuel for the fire enslaving them forever. And so the idea of the curse being one day lifted was a possibility and the cycle broken should have been the subject of the third game.

Nope...DS3 is the last Souls games and STILL no endgame in sight. Maybe they'll patch it with a DLC, idk. Instead you are to become the next Lord of Cinder and continue the downward spiral. Nothing was learned from the second game and unfortunately nothing worthy was carried over. Its basically DS1. They might as well have called it Dark Souls III: Rehashing, Back-stepping and even Older Dragonslayer.

Another complaint of mine is the drew too heavily from Blood Borne and didn't let the series dictate its own look and feel. Sure they're similar but they allowed the success of Blood Borne to influence Dark Souls negatively. DS3 is now the inbred, retarded cousin of the Soul Series. Now everyone who plays the games should look at second installment and think of what might have been...

Anyway, here's where I'm at in the game :V

A lot if Rainbow SIx: Siege. Have been since it came out, basically. Is good game, very unique shooter, just if you're not good it may not be fun since it's a high skill-cap game. Plus the community, on the reddit and all, bitches about stuff too much. But in game they're pretty chill, unless  you're very good and do some things, then you're a hacker.

• 2 weeks later...

03387d3b59b14619935d88617b5e65cf.jpeg

It is possible I may have overdone it.

I've been also playing XCOM: Enemy Within and Mass Effect lately. Lost my ME saves after some issues with the save storage folders, but hey, good chance to re-experience the trilogy at least.

• 2 weeks later...

More recently I've played some Super Mario 64 DS, Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Spy Vs. Spy on the GameBoy Color and of course some Doom II WADs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Blockland since I got the mac to run the game, and I swear this build I'm working on will be the end of me when it's donea239df1b70284282a8f6eba8f97fdd5f.png

(SuperJumpman is a friend of mine who's helping me out on the build which 90% of the work is done by me)

Now watch me try to add the Zone bricks after I finish adding blank plates onto the doc!

I've really been enjoying GRiD and GRiD: Autosport these past couple of weekends, having bought tem off of the Codemasters weekend on Steam. Now I see why the former was voted Game Of The Year 2007. The amount of realism, maannn. Mindblowing.