What are you currently playing?

DoctorAllosaurus

12 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Yeah, Contra III was an SNES title while Contra Hard Corps was on the Sega Genesis - both are their own respective titles though since Contra III relies more on running and gunning while Hard Corps had lots of boss battles with different player characters with their own weapon sets and multiple routes and endings. Both are often argued over which one is the best in the franchise - I'd say they're both definitely worth looking into since they both have incredibly unique strong points. I love Contra III for having a strong atmosphere akin to sci-fi/action movie scores while Hard Corps has a fast-paced atmosphere with hard rock and techno music.

Well said.  There's something about the Genesis' sound chip that made all of its soundtracks sound almost metallic and very distinctive, in a good way more often than not.  It definitely worked well for Contra Hard Corps IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Been mainly playing a mixture of Starbound, Furi, Psychonauts and Sanctum 2 recently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Owner/Technical Admin

I've been playing The Crew lately. Also booted back up Arkham Knight and have been tying off loose ends. Really don't wanna do the whole Riddler side mission for the true ending though.

• 1 month later...

Stella Glow

Fifa 18, Dragon Blaze and Sonic Mania and Magical Drop 2 for the Switch.

Hustle Kings, Everybody's Golf, Everybody's Tennis, shienryu and Darius Burst CS for the PS Vita.

Just reordered a New 2DS XL so hoping to play some Star Fox 64 3D and Star Fox Command come the end of this week or next week, with any luck.

• 4 months later...
  • Owner/Technical Admin

Sonic Mania is a gem. Easily one of my favorite Sonic games, even if half of it is re-imagined levels.

My co-workers got me back into EVE Online, so I been doing that lately. Been enjoying Forza Horizon 4. Before that, DOOM.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:16 PM, Sideways said:

Sonic Mania is a gem. Easily one of my favorite Sonic games, even if half of it is re-imagined levels.

The new stages with the remixed soundtracks are some of the best things I've seen out of the Sonic franchise in decades.  How can you not love this?

I'm currently in the middle of jumping between Star Fox 64 and starting a new game in Star Fox Adventures. For the first time, I just unlocked Expert Mode on the 64 version. I've 100%'d the game on the 3DS, but I just like to have that satisfying feeling of doing so on the original version. I'll tell ya, it took a couple of days to get back in the swing of things with the classic N64 controller after playing the Xbox One and PS4 controllers for so dang long.

• Owner/Technical Admin

I can't play the 3DS version for long, my thumbs end up hurting by the time I get to Venom. I really should pull out my Wii so I can throw the GC games back into it, but that would mean I would have to find my Wavebird controller and the memory cards.

5 hours ago, TheRadFox987 said:

Galaga. Yes, Really.

On an actual arcade cabinet, emulator, or one of its numerous re-releases over the years?

• 1 year later...
  • Owner/Technical Admin

Starbound, and have been messing with my Genesis Mini now that Project Lunar has been relased.

• 7 months later...

I've been trying to finish up the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy in preparation for the release of the fourth game this October. I played Crash 3: Warped when it came out, but never delved into the other two. Its been a good time to say the least.

• 2 years later...