assault?...good bad or rushed?

rinfus

personaly i think after ages of playin starfox assault and after playin all other sf game in the series id say......it was the weaker one in the series.....maybe it was rushed when everyone complained about sf adventures sayin they wanted an "arcade starfox" all the land based misions were desighned around the idea for multiplayer...and that left only 3 on the rails missions for single players....i disliked the fact they did that....sure it maybe great multiplayer....and if they had online play it would have been worth it...but otherwise the best way to sum up assault is simple....

it had potentiol...it had brilliant design and stunning music....but why wasnt it what we all asked for?

what they should have done is make it 15 missions...(5 more on the rails missions) then allow you to play as different characters in the single player....that would at least be better than those "secret flags"

again this is my opinion...i dont wana get into any arguments here...

good,bad?

and if bad how could they have improved?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• EvolutionSFox

• Orbital Fox

• evilwaffles

What I didn't like ws the learning curve of the game.

Here is my difficulty level for each level 1 being extremely easy and 5 being ridiculous.

Level 1: 1

Level 2: 1 (especially after getting the Landmaster)

Level 3: 3 (harder because of the Might Gague thing)

Level 4: 2 (a little tricky when facing the robots in the control room)

Level 5: 4 (I for one have a heck of a time fighting Pigma at the end)

Level 6: 4 (Due to the size of the level and the stupid gague)

Level 7: 2 (The enemies are scattered around enough)

Level 8: 3 (missles are a little of a pain)

Level 9: 5 (AARGG! many enemies and a maze like place)

Level 10: 5 (The gauntlet of pain)

Final Boss: 5 (especially at the end.

What I don't like about Assault is how it fluctuates through the difficulty rather than a steady increase in difficulty.

This may be the reason why the game seems short because it is wonky with the difficulty.

Jim

Here is my difficulty level for each level 1 being extremely easy and 5 being ridiculous.

What I don't like about Assault is how it fluctuates through the difficulty rather than a steady increase in difficulty.

This may be the reason why the game seems short because it is wonky with the difficulty.

Jim

the hardest part for me was fighting general pepper.....all the other bosses were just easy....and why was there an andross fight at the very begining?....you know against andrew in that mechanical head thing :(...

it seems they must have done multi first then wory about singleplayer.....you just have to look at the ai of the aparoids :)

• 1 month later...

oh i definitely think starfox assault was RUSHED.

there is so much potential it's not even funny.

basically the only things great about it were the music, free roaming environments, and multiplayer and that's...about...it.

• 2 months later...

I thought that it was pretty good, but I agree with the fact that it has been a bit rushed. Oh, and the hardest part for me in regards to the game itself, I can't get past the ninth mission! It's a bit too flippin' hard! Why? Too many enemies, that's why! Because of this, I keep dying every time I make an attempt to complete it.

• 3 weeks later...

Much of the game is easy for me. The very last boss part three all of a sudden gets quite hard. :S Just been trying to get all the silver metals (and some gold). Could have been more stuff to do after the game other than multiplayer.

• 2 months later...

Needed more focus on the Multiplayer. Campaign was relatively fun, but dialogue needs to be far less cheesy, and the engine needs to be Halo-ized; like, inclusion of Melee, and make grenades useful, and give the ability to hijack vehicles.

Ideally, I want to see Star fox have a parkour system. Think a 3rd person shooter, with good online, with massive maps like in Star Fox Assault, with the ability to move like you can in Assassin's Creed, or Mirror's edge. Now I realize that I've taken a lot of inspiration from Xbox 360 games, but that's only because these games are very cool, and well done. Oh I also think that something that has been missing in almost all games is the ability to grab onto ledges. Seriously, there is nothing more annoying than just missing an edge, and falling to your death. How is it that difficult to have your character grab the ledge and pull him or herself up? Wow that was off topic a bit.

Basically, Star Fox Assault was a good game, however there was a lot of room for potential.

Jim

Personnally I liked it despise the fact it was short and as for the on rail missions I don't really like those I liked the one foot missions better I just like to Explore my surroundings. and yeah Multi player should be Halo-ized it would have made me play it alot more.

The ground missions need to be not so repetitive, assault is the direction Star Fox needs to take, but it needs to be executed properly.

Guest Julius Quasar

The ground missions need to be not so repetitive, assault is the direction Star Fox needs to take, but it needs to be executed properly.

That's true...the missions in general shouldn't be repetitive....yeah.

It was good, but could've better.

yeah they shouldn't all have been destroy the hatchers  maybe Find some key or something just not the same thing over and over again.

Loved it but the controls on foot were very wierd. And snipering is extremely difficult.

Truth, they should have made one of the rifles easier too handle than a damage upgrade. They pretty much kill anything in one shot anyways.

Truth, they should have made one of the rifles easier too handle than a damage upgrade. They pretty much kill anything in one shot anyways.

yeah but you should be able to snipe without the scope zoomed.

You mean like a "no-scope"?

True, turning around to your opponent with a gatling gun in your face then BAM! No-scope.  :lol:

Sadly I know this... but gunning someone down with it is also fun.  :lol:

Especially the homing launcher... on zoness... so much fun.

Me too, it was a pain. Trying to run away on those little cat walks while being chased by overly aggressive friends...