Favorite Star Fox 64 Mission?

GammaRay256

What is your favorite level from Star Fox 64?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite level from Star Fox 64?

• Corneria
    • Meteo (Asteroid Field)
    • Sector Y
    • Fortuna (Fichina)
    • Katina
    • Aquas
    • Sector X
    • Solar
    • Zoness
    • Titania
    • Macbeth
    • Sector Z
    • Bolse
    • Area 6
    • Venom I
    • Venom II
    • Warp I (Meteo)
    • Warp II (Sector X)

It's still trippy, just a li'l easier on the eyeballs now.

Still I wanna see how that looks in the upcoming 3DS version.

Something like this:

(Wait a little while in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0&feature=related

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GammaRay256

• X-Gamer

• Badleech

• Star Fox Runner

Yes it has, that might be why they edited it in the first place. (They also slowed down the background flashing effect animations in old NES games on Virtual Console to, like the "death" animation in Zelda 2, or the final letter in Super Mario 3.)

Still, I'm curious how that Gorgon lazer effect will look in the upcoming 3DS remake SF64 3D.

Maybe a slightly higher polygon count. The only way to find out is play the game and look for the level, assuming it's still there.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally think the warp zones should be removed from the poll, and just be added to their levels(Meteo and Sector X) as a whole.

Anyway, my opinion;

My favorite level is Zoness, because it's the most challenging level to clear correctly, imo.

My favorite has always been Area 6

That would have to be my close second, mainly because it was the very first level I got a medal on. lol

• 1 month later...

Area 6 may be the most epic thing in any game.. EVER. :shock:

Best stage in Star Fox ever.

• 1 month later...

Augh, I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a while but I have to respond. Macbeth. especially because of the "Mission Accomplished" ending.

"NO! Hit the BRAKES!"

cue epic explosions half a minute later as the whole freaking armory depot blows up as the landmaster slowly rolls away without a scratch. the HIT+50 is just icing on the cake compared to the whole cutscene.

Augh, I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a while but I have to respond. Macbeth. especially because of the "Mission Accomplished" ending.

"NO! Hit the BRAKES!"

cue epic explosions half a minute later as the whole freaking armory depot blows up as the landmaster slowly rolls away without a scratch. the HIT+50 is just icing on the cake compared to the whole cutscene.

A lot of explosions, but FPS drops to 3. Zoness is my favorite.

Definitely Area 6. Also, the "Accomplished" ending of Macbeth is screwed up in the VC version, it happens way too fast. I wonder what version they'll use in SF643D...

Fortuna!

I know it's on the easy track, but its just so darn fun! And you run across Star Wolf there. =3

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say this is my favorite mission:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/star-fox-level/713513

• 2 weeks later...

Area 6 due to its final battle feel and the warp zones for their technicolor.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck between Katina and Aquas but I had to go with Katina because I always have fun just shooting enemies down :3 I like Aquas mostly because of the background music :P

Ficcina is my favorite stage probaly because I can't get enough of the StarWolf theme but could never reach the harder versions of StarWolf on the harder paths so it was the only time I got to fight them.

Area 6 due to its final battle feel

and it's awesomeness reeking theme song

• 3 weeks later...

"Fire! FIRE!! Don't let 'em through!"

I love Area 6, everything about it and what it leads to; perfect set-up for a final showdown.

Macbeth and Sector X come VERY close; their music and bosses are awesome, but its hard to compete with stuff like, "Destroy all three energy balls!"

• 4 weeks later...

I'm torn between Zoness and Area 6. Zoness is so depressing when you actually think about what is going on on the planet; It was once beautiful, but is now poluted, and ugly. And Area 6 is an action packed level filled with action, some action, and a little bit of action, seriously though, it gives you SO MANY KILLS that its retarded, I was able to get a few above 400 hits on my last play through.

AQUAS! I love the submarine, cuz it was different. Hasn't been repeated since then either, but it was cool!