• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rainfyre66

• evilwaffles

• Hatsworth III

• Kursed

Guest Para Astaroth

OK, if I remembered correctly, I was going to tell you guys who the Sporakian were.  So without further to do, here's the description:

They are an elite war race from planet Venom that defected from Venom because of their poor military system and decided to create their own.  They have been planning to start a civil war with Venom, but thought it was best to have Venom increase it's numbers so it would be a more fair of a fight.  Also, when the GPF announced that Kursed is now wanted on several counts of murder, they set their sights on getting her and bringing her in for the money.  Also, if they see a rouge ship or a carrier in their territory (Which Scarr and Kursed are in as of now at the end of Chapter 5) they will tell them to leave, but if they refuse, they will attack with no remorse.

In other words, they're a very soffisticated, organized military unit.  They are so much that they rival the GPF in numbers and military capabilities.

Anyways, I'm taking a break from Chapter 6 to plan on what it's going to be.  It's PROBABLY going to be as long as the last chapter, but it's going to be an intense chapter with Scarr trying to manuver his ship out of their firing range and all sorts of stuff.  Also, they will have to heal themselves fast enough to fend for themselves on the planet they crash on after they get hit by a Sporakian Juggernaugt Flagship.  So, stay tuned and don't flip out if Chapter 6 isn't up this week or the next.

Until then, see you guys next mission.  :D

PS:  And thanks, evilwaffles, for the comment xD

Guest Julius Quasar

...just finished reading chapter 5 and your last post about the Spokarian...

Great Job!

Good luck on Chapter 6! :D

Guest Para Astaroth

Thanks!  :D

I just hope Mr. Krystal posts them on Krystal Archives.  I'm just trying to and he never replies so... I'm guessing he won't  :(

Very nice, dang cliffhangers, must know more. :P.

I just hope Mr. Krystal posts them on Krystal Archives.  I'm just trying to and he never replies so... I'm guessing he won't  :(

My guess is that usually he gets someone to review it first before posting it on the site... which could take ages. (Correct me if I am wrong).

Guest Para Astaroth

lol I'm sorry for making cliffhangers.  I guess I'm good at it lol!    Well, the part about him having someone else check it is beyond my knowledge.  I just hope it gets posted.  OH, and there's ONLY going to be 15 chapters in the Darkness Amidst Saga, but I plan on making another entitled (it's only a demo title, so bear with me on this one) Kursed:  The Coming Storm

Guest Para Astaroth

Chapter 6

Scarr rushed by Kursed into the hull to look and see for the Lead Flagship as she glanced down at the radar.  The numbers were massive;  going from being a small fleet to a massive armada in a matter of seconds.  She sat down in the pilot seat and stared at the radar in shock as the numbers kept getting bigger and bigger.  She put her hand to her head, leaned back in the seat, and stared at the ceiling as she starting thinking to herself again.

Not some other people coming for me... I know that they are!  It's just a matter of time before I'm finally taken out by someone...  I just want to live for once and not be bothered!  Is that hard to ask for?  ...It seems so for most of the people after me...  So persistent...  Scarr came back into the hull and saw that she had seen the radar and was in a bit of shock.  "Kursed?  Kursed, are you alright??"  He put his hand on her shoulder, knowing that she wasn't in the best of moods as of now.

[1/2]

Guest Para Astaroth

[2/3]

She snapped to her senses and turned her gaze to him and shook her head.  He turned and looked out the cockpit window and sighed.  "I'm going to ask you to go to the hull and stay there until I call for you.  But for now, wait for me to tell you do so."

"Ok..."  She put the seat back like it was and just leaned over and put her face in her hands.  Scarr rested his hand on her shoulder and continued his gaze at the radar.  I knew this would happen sooner or later... it was only a matter of time before they knew we invaded their territory.  He flinched in anger and looked down at Kursed.  She still had her face burried in her paws and was slowly shaking her head.  He looked at her painfully and knew that there had to be an alternative for this.  I just hope that we can manage to get out of here in time... but... I have a disturbing feeling that's eating at me and i know we won't be able to negotiate with them peacefully.  Jeez, if there were only way around this...  At thinking this, he walked to the side of the cockpit and slammed his fist into the wall.  Kursed, still distrought, lifted her head seeing him in anger over something.  Without warning, a screen popped up and the commander of the armada chimmed in, "Greetings, my fellow pests.  What's your reason for tresspassing on my turf?"

-sorry, chapter too long ^^;;-

Guest Para Astaroth

This shocked both of them when he came up.  Kursed looked at him and he was starring at the screen from where he was standing, fist clenched.  His eyes looked over at her and he flicked his head in the direction of the hull.  She turned her head, got up, and went into the hull of the ship and sat down near the door and listened to the conversation.

"Well, state your name so we know who you are."

"I'm Scarr Ruddlocke of the planet D' Sorphis.  You must be the commander of the Sporakian Air Fleet, yes?"

"You're a smart boy, Scarr" he said as he chuckled a bit "Give me a good reason why you happened to just WALTS in here."

"We were leaving the planet Syfronia to head--"

"We?!  Who's the other passenger?"

"It's...a friend of mine."

"Don't be so dull...  Tell me who and we can continue our conversation."

Scarr hesitated at the question.  He looked at the door that Kursed was behind and then back at the controls in the cockpit.  He thought that if he said it was Kursed, then he would have to board their ship, turn her in, and then back off while they took her away...  but he swore to her that he wasn't going to let anyone harm her in any way, so he had to think of something.

"Well?  I don't have all day now."

"Her name is...er... Krystal!"

Kursed, still listening, backed away from the door and rolled her eyes.  she whispered to herself, "What... a... moron..."  She closed her eyes again and concentrated back to listening to the conversation in the cockpit.

"Wait...  you mean 'Krystal' from the world renown Star Fox team?"

"Err...I suppose?"

"Well this is ironic enough!"

"Wha-what is?"

He laughed for a second and continued.  "Well, the news said that the wanted person the GPF is looking for is 'Kursed', am I not correct?"

"Yes?"

"Then, 'Kursed' is, by what my sources have told me, is 'Krystal'"

"N-no!  That's not her!"

"Then bring her in here so I can see for myself!"

Kursed slowly opened her eyes as Scarr came through the door.

"uhh... Kursed?"

She turned her head to him with a look of distrought.  "I know... You don't have to tell me..."  She got up and walked into the cockpit as Scarr sighed away from her.  He walked behind her and she stood in front of the screen with the commander's face on it.  The commander's eyes flickered as he saw the vixen that the GPF set a price on.

"Yessss...  That's her!"

"Yes, it's me, you baffoon...  Before you get all excited about seeing me, I want to ask you this:"  She turned her head to Scarr, who had his arms folded looking at the screen, then back at her.  She thought to herself that she wished the best for him and that if they didn't make it out of this alive that she wanted him to do something for her that she would tell him later on.  "Why do you people want me so bad?  I haven't done any--"

"Don't be so arrogant, Kursed... or, shall I say, Krystal"

"DON'T YOU CALL ME THAT!!!  I've given that name up years ago!  You have no right to--"

"We all have our rights, my little vixen.  Rights that we can bend, and sometimes we have to bend them to do certain things."

Scarr looked at her with a questioning look.  "'Krystal'?"

"It's a long story, so don't mention it for now."

"Well, since you've brought her out all this way, Scarr, we'll have the pleasure of taking it from he--"

"Not...  Over... my... Dead body!" Scarr said as he walked in front of Kursed, who looked at him in shock.  He had his fists clenched while the commander starred at him with a disgusted look.

"You know what I hate about people like you?"

"I could really care less what you think about us.  You are NOT taking her from me... NOT while I'm around her!"

Kursed's eyes flickered a bit. "Scarr..."

The commander's face, under the visor, changed from a brown color to a blood red after Scarr remark.  "ALL SHIPS!!! ENGAGE ON THE VESSEL IN FRONT OF US!!"

The screen blipped out.  Scarr lowered his head in defeat and knew that he didn't have a choice but to step in.  Kursed, thankful for his courage, put her hand on his shoulder.  Scarr glanced at it and then put his hand on hers and closed his eyes.

"Thank you, Scarr...  I appreciate it..."

"Don't... -sigh- Don't mention it..."

"Hey...  You did what you had to do, right?  Well, at least I knew that you helped me out in my time of need..."  She put her hand to her chest.  "and I thank you for that..."

He turned to her, still with a defeat look, and changed back to peaceful one.  "Yeah...  I'm just glad I did it when I did or you would've killed yourself.  At least I know that I'm doing the right thing...  I guess."

"You are."  The monitor came up and the siren went off once more. "ENEMY JUGGERNAUGHT SHIP PREPARING FOR ATTACK!  HULL AND EXTERNAL SOURCES DAMAGE IMMINANT!" 

They both looked at each other and nodded.  The commander ordered the ship to fire it's main rail cannon at the ship that Scarr and Kursed were on and the front of the ship started to open it's hatch.  Scarr looked out the window and saw a bright light emitting from one of the ships and knew it was a massive rail gun that was about to fire.  The hatch reached it's maximum opening and the cannon fired, causing a shockwave that made nearby ships fly out of formation.  Scarr ran to Kursed and threw himself over her.  "HANG ON!"

The vessel veered to the right, and the rail beam pierced the back portion of the ship, making it errupt in flames, and hurtle down towards a nearby planet's atmosphere.  The Juggernaught Flagship closed it's hatch and went back into it's formation.  The command chuckled at seeing the ship falling and then started laughing sinisterly.  When he stopped, a lieutinant came and saluted to him.  "At ease, soldier."  He said.

"Sir!  We've recieved a transmission from an outside source."

"Bring them up on screen"

At saying this, the screen came up and a black figure appeared on screen.  "Did you successfully capture her...  or did you kill her, like I told you NOT to...?"

"I had to resort to extreme force, my --"

"SILENCE!"  It yelled.  The commander flinched and the figure opened it's crimson, glowing eyes.  "I want her alive... Send in a scalvage squad and bring her to me.  If you fail to do so..."  He brung up his hand and a blade slowly extended out his arm.  "then you should know what will happen..."

"Y-y-yes, my lord!"

The screen dimmed and blipped out.  "Send the Scout Team to point Alpha!  Retreive the ones we shot down and bring them alive!"

"YES, SIR!"  Chimmed in a one of the men busy tapping codes and numbers in on his hologrammed keypad.  He moved images that were up on the screen out of the way and typed in a code that brung up the intercom.  He called the Scout Team to go and bring the vessel shot down back as their commander had ordered them.  The massive Juggernaugt Flagship stopped in place and launched ten small fighters that stayed in two groups of five in a 'V' formation.

Scarr's ship continued to loose more and more altitude for every second that passed.  The ship started fishtailing violently, while inside the siren was constantly blarring and Scarr and Kursed were being tossed around like ragdolls.  Scarr managed to grab onto the pilot seat, but was flung off of it and slammed into the side of the cockpit.  Kursed was being thrown in all directions and she slammed into the wall opposite of Scarr and was knocked unconscious.  Scarr caught Kursed and managed to catch hold of the pilot seat and pull both of them onto the seat.  He guided the ship as best as he could to the ground, but the ship increased it's speed and finally it's speed got to the point to where it looked like a red fireball hurtling towards the surface. 

From the ground, spectators looked up at the sky as they heard a massive rumbling sound as an object was falling towards their planet's surface.  Scarr managed to level the ship out but couldn't stop the increasing speed.  He had to make a choice:  It was either use himself as a shield to protect Kursed as the ship crashed into the ground, or he would take his chances and jump out the ship risking getting hit by falling debris and being scortched by the flames.  He took his chances as he saw the ground getting closer and closer.  His last thoughts were Kursed being killed and him blaming himself for it.  He wasn't going to allow her to die in his arms or near her so he braced himself for the crash.

"CRASH LANDING IMMINANT!  ETA TO EMMERGENCY LANDING:  THIRTY SECONDS!"

Scarr's eyes started to close and he gripped Kursed, who was still unconscious, against his chest.  He waited as the ship was vibrating violently and at the last second, his eyes shot open and he spun around to sheild her.  Spectators looked on as the ship rocketed across the sky and landed in a nearby field causing smoke, fire, and debris to be flung in all directions.  Everything went quiet for awhile and people began to murmur to each other what it was and a fire team raced to the scene.  Some people started running to the scene, also, to help the people in the crash... if they were alive.

The fire grew more intense and the heat started to get more unbareable.  Scarr slowly came to his senses and realized he was flung out of the ship somehow...  but by what?  Coat and pants torn, scratched and cut up, he looked around for Kursed and he felt a diing pressence.  He didn't know how he was sensing it, but it was coming from the ship.  Scarr started become more and more afraid and got to his feet.  He started to yell Kursed's name, increasing his pace from a slow walk to jogg, and then to a full sprint, yelling her name even louder.  He slammed through the side of the ship covering his face from the flaming debris and smoke.  He got to the cockpit and didn't see her.  Where is she??!!!  Crap, where did she go?  CRAP!  He darted back outside and looked around frantically, but he never saw her.

He started looking around and calling her name, but to no vail.  She had to have been flung out, but where?  It couldn't have been far.  He couldn't give up.  He couldn't.  He swore that he would protect her, and now she's no where to be seen.  He tried his hardest to find her, but he still didn't.  Under the emmense pressure of losing her, he collapsed onto his knees.  Tears began to form in his eyes and fall to the ground.  He looked at his cut up hands and slammed them to the ground.  He started to sob.  He failed his mission to protect her at all costs.  If he couldn't find her, then the unforgettable hit him:  Kursed was dead.  He gripped his head as hard as he could shaking his head not thinking what happened and rose his head to the sky and yelled her name as loud as he could.

The fire team arived and started to immediately extenguish the fire.  Spectators that raced with the fire team came and saw Scarr with his head hung over and sobbing to himself.  Several people dashed to him and asked if he was ok, helping him to his feet.  He only shook his head slowly and looked up into the sky.  He began to walk away from the croud who was watching him the whole time.  He walked two miles from the wreckage and stopped.  He turned and looked at it with a look of pain and sorrow.  He couldn't come to himself that this had happened.  He turned and took off his coat, which was 2/3 torn.  He began to glow a bright orange and healed himself.  He turned, fully, to the wrecked ship with people still crouding around it.  He watched as they marveled over the ship as they questioned the fire team and news crew.

Seening this made Scarr sick to his stomach.  Marveling over something that devastated him the most in his whole life...  He decided to bring out his custom made binoculars and watched the people still at the ship.  He would turn his attention to the ship and then back to the news crew.  He would watch the fire team the most; watching and waiting for them to retrieve a life that had meant something to Scarr his whole time with them.  It seemed like hours until everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the wreckage.  They started to slowly stammer towards the ship as they saw a fire squadmate holding a blue vixen covering in cuts, smugged with black marks on her face and arms, and clothing torn.  He slowly put his binoculars down and ran back towards the crashsite.

People started to tell each other that the only survivor had left like he hadn't been phased by the crash.  One said he looked like something bad happened to him while another agreed with him.  Then, one of the spectators said, "Look!  There he is!"  Scarr was sprinting so much that he didn't realize that he had been shedding tears the hold time.  He walked through the spectators, pushed the news crew aside as they tried to interview him, and told one of the fire squadmates to show him her.  The leader agreed to let him see her.  She was pronounced "Dead" when they found her.  Scarr, still shedding tears, held Kursed to his chest.  This time, he started to cry and strock her hair, wipe smugg off her face, and rubbing her face gently.  Some people were a little touched and sobbed to themselves.  The fire squad took off their helmets, put it to their chest, and looked at the ground.  Scarr couldn't stand the sight of seeing her like this.  He had to do something, but he didn't know what...

The leader put his helmet down beside Scarr and put his arm around him to comfort him.  He rubbed his hand on his shoulder, but this made Scarr cry even harder.

"Shhhhh...it's ok, son.  You tried your best to save her...  there's nothing for you to do now."

"No..n-no...  there has... there has to be a way... i... i won't..."

"Listen...  I've lost several people to fires like this."  The leader turned his head and put his fist to his chest to keep himself together. "I know... I know how you feel.  I've lost my wife and child to a plane crash as this.  I will never forget seeing that plane turn sideways and seeing it slam into the ground...  It will always haunt me as long as I can breathe."

Scarr just leaned over to the fireman's shoulder and wept.  He held his head and slowly rubbed and became to shed tears himself.  He knew how much it hurt to lose someone very close to them.  It hurt extremely much. 

"-sniff-...ahh...if there's anything you want to say to her... now's your chance."

"o...ok" Scarr choked up.  He put his hand to her head and rubbed it and stroked her hair... Letting all that he had held from day one of the tragic come flowing out.  "Kursed" He began "I know that you were trying your best to get away fromt the world...  maybe even the galaxy.  But... But now I think you've finally escaped from all that.  You're at peace now... knowing that I had to protect you... and I failed at it...  I'm truly s... sorry for that... but always remember...  there were people that still loved you.  They will always love you even though you've changed."  He turned his head and said something he had been holding every since he was with her "Kursed...i ....  I love you... Always have...  And... always will."  At saying this, she began to glow a golden yellow.  Everyone looked at her as she slowly healed herself of her wounds.

"Son... look!"  The leader whispered.  Scarr lifted his head and his eyes opened wide as he saw her glow for while and then the glowing desipated.  Scarr slowly leaned towards her wondering if she was actually alive.  Scarr stroked her hair and waited.  Then, right before his eyes, she slowly opened her eyes and the first person she saw was him.  She looked at him, eyes halfway open, with concern on her face.

"Scarr...?" She choked out  "I heard every word you said..."

"Huh...?!" He stammered out.

"I...  I was watching the whole time you were talking...  I'm sorry I'm making this sound strange, but something somewhere told me it wasn't my time yet... and before I knew it, I'm... here."

"Save your strength...  Just tell me this when we ge... get... to the hospitalll...."

"A...greed..."  They both fell unconscious and the leader ordered the men to help him put them on two separate stretchers.  The Medic team came and put them in two separate ambulances and started off to the nearest hospital.  Kursed was being treated while on her way to the same hospital, while Scarr was in stayed unconscious the whole way there.  Kursed eventually woke up before they got to the hospital and asked where Scarr was.  They told her they were taking him to a different medical room.  She layed back in her stretcher as they strolled her into the hospital.  She watched the ceiling lights as they passed overhead.  She then was in her own world while took her to an open medical room and put a filtering straw to her right arm and a blood tester to her left.  They also put pulse slabbs on her chest to keep monitor of her heart rate.  They left and dimmed the lights as they left.

Days passed and Scarr finally woke up from his coma.  He was in so much shock that his body went over the limit of exhaustion, causing his internal organs to collapse over the pressure.  He was in the worst shape of the two.  When he woke, he asked if Kursed was ok.  They said she was doing superbly, but they were more concerned about him.  He chuckled a bit as the nurse walked out.  Then a few minutes later, a doctor knocked at the door and opened the door. 

"Scarr?  That is your name, right?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Well, you have a guest that would like to see you."

"A guest?  They can come in...  I suppose."

A vulpine walked in with his hands in his coat and with black shades on.  He seemed to be in his thirties to Scarr and he stopped and sat down beside his bed.  He took sat back and rested his left leg over his right and put his hands in his lap.  He sat there and starred at him for what seemed like thirty minutes, until he finally spoke.

"...You did a great job back there."

"Who are you..."  Scarr said with a determined fighting tone in his voice.

"I'm not here to kill or harm you in anyway.  I'm here for some questions that I had whenever I saw the plane accident on the news."

"News?  It got released on the news?"

"Yep.  Also, I want to talk about something that's been bugging me for some time."

"I'm listening."

"Ok.  To start off, I use to be part of an elite squadron of mercenaries named 'Starfox'.  Have you hear of them?"

"What little I recovered over my years of research."

"Hmm... ok, good enough."

"Then... You're Fox McCloud?"

The vulpine looked at him with his shades lowered a bit.  "I'll get to that shortly."

"o...k?"

"Next, do you know someone named 'Krystal'?  She's a blue vixen that hasn't been seen in almost five years."

"I've seen reports of her, but nothing else has came up ever since."

"I'm asking because that blue vixen you saved might be related to her.  I've found this out whenever I last saw her at a bar on O' Cronia IV."

Scarr looked up at the ceiling with a blank look.  "You mean... Kursed, right?"

"That's her name?"

"Yeah.  That's her."

"Well, I'm only here to let you know this:  I don't want her near me.  She's trying to tell me she IS Krystal...  But I won't buy it from her.  She acts too depressive and like she hates the world."

"I would too if I were in her shoes."

"What do you mean?"

Scarr closed his eyes.  "She's being accussed of murdering Kew's last mayor and she told me the whole story behind it."

"Really..."

Scarr opened his eyes and looked over at the vulpine.  "Yeah.  She's being harmed not on the outside, but on the inside.  She's getting to the point to where she might lose herself completely."

"Hmm...  Well, let me introduce myself to you."  He stood up and pat himself down, straightened his coat.  "My name is Fox McCloud."

Guest Para Astaroth

Ok, i'm sorry for separating the sections like that, but it got aggrevating after like the 50th time seeing "Exceeds 2000 characters".  I was like...Oh my god... i hope you die...

so, enjoy it

Guest Para Astaroth

eeeehhhhhhhh I think I could've done better on it.  Just need to always check for gramatical errors since I have a bad habbit of posting and not revising like I should >_>;;

Guest Julius Quasar

eeeehhhhhhhh I think I could've done better on it.  Just need to always check for gramatical errors since I have a bad habbit of posting and not revising like I should >_>;;

YOU DID A GREAT JOB, I like it!

Great story and all but if you need to change/edit things can you have already posted can you please use 'Modify' button at the top of each of your posts? I keep coming here thinking you have added new chapters. :P

Guest Para Astaroth

Great story and all but if you need to change/edit things can you have already posted can you please use 'Modify' button at the top of each of your posts? I keep coming here thinking you have added new chapters. :P

Sorry, but if you see that i've posted a new chapter, just ignore it until tomorrow.  I'm taking my time revising them, then I'm going to repost them on Deviantart so that they're the "finished" Copies.  So, sorry if you think i'm posting new chapters  :|

Guest Para Astaroth

I'm sorry, but I'll have to do the revising later and Chapter 7 is being a pain to write.  It's being postponed for now.  Sorry for the inconvenience

Just Curious as i was on the old PK forums before they broke up so i knew alot about it.

When you say "Before they broke up" you mean that they stopped?

Guest Para Astaroth

When you say "Before they broke up" you mean that they stopped?

She meant they split up then came back later on.  Project Kursed members are still together.

She meant they split up then came back later on.  Project Kursed members are still together.

That's good. I might make an account on there for the fourms. See how the progress is going. The person doing the accent for the teaser trailer was REALLY good.

Guest Para Astaroth

OK, I deciding on whether or not to Cancel "Kursed:  Darkness Amidst" Fanfic altogether. :oops:  It's ridiculous how your parents won't let you use the computer you have with all the work you have for the next chapter and THEN find it F*#&ING DELETED!!!

So, I'm asking you guys that come here:  Cancel it, or keep going?  I'm getting to the point to where I can stand it no more.  The manga is a little bit easier to do because I'm not a novelist writer, so I might stick to drawing.  So, you guys vote on it.

Guest Julius Quasar

OK, I deciding on whether or not to Cancel "Kursed:  Darkness Amidst" Fanfic altogether. :oops:  It's ridiculous how your parents won't let you use the computer you have with all the work you have for the next chapter and THEN find it F*#&ING DELETED!!!

So, I'm asking you guys that come here:  Cancel it, or keep going?  I'm getting to the point to where I can stand it no more.  The manga is a little bit easier to do because I'm not a novelist writer, so I might stick to drawing.  So, you guys vote on it.

I'm sorry to hear that, my stupid parents are the same way, they won't let me get my fanfic done, either...

Keep going, don't quit.

:peppy: "Never give up, Trust your instincts!"

:cool: "Don't ever give up, my son...."